Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Sports

Notices

Old 11-15-2007, 07:29 PM   #1
Morpheus
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 223 Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of
ski/snowboard

Who likes to ski/snowboard? I'm a snowboarder myself. I consider myself an intermediate. I've been to Whistler, Keystone, A-Basin, Breckenridge, Santa Fe, Heavenly, and Northstar. This year we are going to Aspen. Where are some of your favorite places and why? I'd like to scout some new places. High on the list are Mammoth, CA and somewhere in Utah.
Morpheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 08:55 AM   #2
purpahurl
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 223 purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold
We used to go to Telluride every year, you never had to wait in line and once you got to the top you never had to come down untill after dark. They also put in one of those "super quad" lifts that goes very fast, for maximum skiing time.

I have two small kids and hope to take them in a couple of years.

I LOVE SNOWSKIING.
purpahurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 09:11 AM   #3
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by purpahurl View Post
We used to go to Telluride every year, you never had to wait in line and once you got to the top you never had to come down untill after dark. They also put in one of those "super quad" lifts that goes very fast, for maximum skiing time.

I LOVE SNOWSKIING.
I would love to see Purpa on a snow board center of gravity might have changed
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 10:05 AM   #4
purpahurl
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 223 purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon View Post
I would love to see Purpa on a snow board center of gravity might have changed
I don't snowboard or wakeboard.
Old 11-16-2007, 10:53 AM   #5
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Quote:
I don't snowboard or wake board.
I see you are pretty good at riding that tiller
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Old 11-16-2007, 11:22 AM   #6
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
Been once and stayed on the ground for the most part landing in the most gosh awful crumpled positions. I can't believe I didn't break any bones. I was 17 at the time and the instructors tried to appease me and say it was due to the icy conditions. Never had a desire to return. That was Steamboat Springs.
I'm not a total clutz though, I'm okay at basketball and tennis!

Jennifer Aniston
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 12:08 PM   #7
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 258 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
I'm a surprisingly good skier for a fat guy. Last time I went was 2001, though. My eyes are too bad to make it fun. Used to go every year.
joepole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 12:20 PM   #8
purpahurl
Advanced Member

Quote:
I see you are pretty good at riding that tiller
It can turn into a snowblower if need be.
Old 11-16-2007, 02:38 PM   #9
Morpheus
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 223 Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by joepole View Post
I'm a surprisingly good skier for a fat guy. Last time I went was 2001, though. My eyes are too bad to make it fun. Used to go every year.
So it's true that if you don't stop, you'll go blind!? Seriously though, don't they make prescription goggles? At 200lbs I'm no featherweight.
Old 11-16-2007, 02:40 PM   #10
Morpheus
Advanced Member

Quote:

I LOVE SNOWSKIING.
We're taking morphette this year. They have daycare 9-3. We might try putting her on some skis, but they advised us to wait until she was 4. she's 2 now.
Old 11-16-2007, 02:44 PM   #11
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus View Post
We're taking morphette this year. They have daycare 9-3. We might try putting her on some skis, but they advised us to wait until she was 4. she's 2 now.
Leave her at home with the in-laws the go make a morphette version #2 in the mountains
Old 11-16-2007, 03:56 PM   #12
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 258 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
>Seriously though, don't they make prescription goggles? At 200lbs I'm no featherweight.

My right eye is uncorrectable without another transplant. This makes my depth perception (especially with low-contrast stuff like ski slopes) pretty crappy, meaning I can only see well enough to ski stuff that's not fun to ski.

I'm 5'11" 250.
joepole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 05:33 PM   #13
Morpheus
Advanced Member

Quote:
Leave her at home with the in-laws the go make a morphette version #2 in the mountains
A sound plan, but in the interest of retaining renewable resources, granny has to get a break every now and then. Hopefully, Morphette 2.0 will be in the oven by the time we take the trip. Or perhaps Morph Jr.
Old 11-16-2007, 05:36 PM   #14
Morpheus
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joepole View Post
>Seriously though, don't they make prescription goggles? At 200lbs I'm no featherweight.

My right eye is uncorrectable without another transplant. This makes my depth perception (especially with low-contrast stuff like ski slopes) pretty crappy, meaning I can only see well enough to ski stuff that's not fun to ski.

I'm 5'11" 250.
That sucks Joe. What do you like to do for fun, besides reading statistical journals and squeezin' Al's coronary arteries?
Old 11-16-2007, 07:05 PM   #15
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus View Post
That sucks Joe. What do you like to do for fun, besides reading statistical journals and squeezin' Al's coronary arteries?
The same thing I do sit behind a desk all day. Now as far as AL goes I leave his coronary arteries alone You go Morpheus