Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Government & Politics

Notices

Old 05-30-2007, 09:20 AM   #1
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Hang onto your guns the Government is coming

On Wednesday, May 30 at 9:30 AM in HCR-6, the House Administration of
Criminal Justice Committee will consider HB 869, a bill that would
establish far-reaching restrictions on semi-automatic firearms (dubbing
them "assault weapons") and ammunition magazines. It would target every
firearm modified to conform with the now-extinct Clinton Gun-Ban plus
many other semi-automatic firearms that have no lineage to those rifles
or any military-style orientation whatsoever.

HB 869 would also require current owners of such firearms to register
their firearms with the State Police, obtain and renew a license
annually to keep them, restrict how and where they may be used or
transported, and allow the State Police to inspect private homes for
compliance.

Please make plans to attend Wednesday's hearing to sign up in
opposition to HB 869, and please contact the committee members below and
urge them to vote "NO" on HB 869:

Administration of Criminal Justice Committee (All members can be
reached through the House switchboard at (225) 342-6945 or through the
PULS line (800) 256-3793 outside the Baton Rouge area)

Chairman Danny Martiny
larep079@legis.state.la.us

Representative Alex Heaton
larep095@legis.state.la.us

Representative Damon Baldone
larep053@legis.state.la.us

Representative Beverly Bruce
larep007@legis.state.la.us

Representative Roy Burrell
larep002@legis.state.la.us

Representative Don Cazayoux
larep18@legis.state.la.us

Representative Charlie DeWitt
larep025@legis.state.la.us

Representative Eric LaFleur
larep038@legis.state.la.us

Representative "Romo" Romero
larep048@legis.state.la.us

Representative Jane Smith
larep008@legis.state.la.us

Representative Warren Triche
webreps@legis.state.la.us

Representative "Bodi" White
larep064@legis.state.la.us

Representative Ernest Wooton
larep105@legis.state.la.us

Please keep checking www.NRAILA.org for updates on this important
firearms issue!

As I read it this would impact those with semi-auto
shotguns...a lot of bird and duck hunters.
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 05:45 PM   #2
Al Swearengen
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 246 Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future
Thank you Isaac, for postin this. I fired off an email to Representative Bruce yesterday about this disgraceful bill, urgin her to do the right thing and strongly oppose ANY attempts to weaken the Second Amendment. I ask that everyone on SBL do the same.
Old 05-30-2007, 08:05 PM   #3
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Swearengen
Thank you Isaac, for postin this. I fired off an email to Representative Bruce yesterday about this disgraceful bill, urgin her to do the right thing and strongly oppose ANY attempts to weaken the Second Amendment. I ask that everyone on SBL do the same.
Yes Al it is time for the American people to stand up for their right to bear arms and these liberal turds would love to tear down this country. I hope everyone will email these address and speak their mind.
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Old 05-30-2007, 09:27 PM   #4
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
Please make plans to attend Wednesday's hearing to sign up in opposition to HB 869, and please contact the committee members below and urge them to vote "NO" on HB 869:
Where is this hearing? Is this local?
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 09:43 PM   #5
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 264 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
Rhertz, I think it is in Baton Rouge. I hear they are also having a hearing on whether or not Miss Louisiana America should be the Official Hostess of the State of Louisiana as well. Maybe you could go down and speak out on both issues for us!!!!
Old 05-30-2007, 10:44 PM   #6
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle
Rhertz, I think it is in Baton Rouge. I hear they are also having a hearing on whether or not Miss Louisiana America should be the Official Hostess of the State of Louisiana as well. Maybe you could go down and speak out on both issues for us!!!!
This sounds like typical government legislation to me. Take an important issue like gun control, and add a bunch of PORK to it!!

P.S. Don't Shoot! I wouldn't have dared say that if it were Miss Texas!...
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 11:05 PM   #7
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 264 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
Now now don't pick on Miss Louisiana, she is my daughter's room mate!!! Sweet girl but I think the legislation is ridiculous. I would think the official hostess would be the first lady or first man or some such person like that, not a pageant girl!

Speaking of pageant girls, did you see Miss USA fall on her bum during the Miss Universe pageant Monday night??????????? Talk about a pageant girl's worst nightmare come true. She lived it. I hear that the Mexicans booed her every chance they got and as loud as they could.
Old 05-31-2007, 02:12 PM   #8
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle
Now now don't pick on Miss Louisiana, she is my daughter's room mate!!! Sweet girl but I think the legislation is ridiculous. I would think the official hostess would be the first lady or first man or some such person like that, not a pageant girl!

Speaking of pageant girls, did you see Miss USA fall on her bum during the Miss Universe pageant Monday night??????????? Talk about a pageant girl's worst nightmare come true. She lived it. I hear that the Mexicans booed her every chance they got and as loud as they could.
Miss USA should have had a gun and those Mexicans would not be laughing so loud. I see Jindal is for gun rights