Go Back   Shreveport.com > Shreveport.com Headline News > Politics

Notices

Old 11-06-2007, 01:02 PM   #1
sbl_admin
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to sbl_admin
Post Ron Paul raises more than $4 million in 24 hours

Presidential candidate Rep. Ron Paul raised more than $4 million on the Internet Monday from more than 35,000 donors.

sbl_admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 01:06 PM   #2
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Ron Paul Sets Online Fundraising Record with $4.2 Million in One Day

WASHINGTON — Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul, fueled by an extraordinary Internet fundraising effort, hauled in more than $4.2 million in nearly 24 hours on Monday.

Paul, the Texas congressman with a libertarian tilt and an out-of-Iraq pitch, entered heady fundraising territory with a surge of Web-based giving tied to the commemoration of Guy Fawkes Day.

Fawkes was a British mercenary who failed in his attempt to kill King James I on Nov. 5, 1605. He also was the model for the protagonist in the movie "V for Vendetta." Paul backers motivated donors on the Internet with mashed-up clips of the film on the online video site YouTube as well as the Guy Fawkes Day refrain: "Remember, remember the 5th of November."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,308404,00.html
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 01:41 PM   #3
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbl_admin View Post
Presidential candidate Rep. Ron Paul raised more than $4 million on the Internet Monday from more than 35,000 donors.

Fawkes was a British mercenary who failed in his attempt to kill King James I on Nov. 5, 1605. He also was the model for the protagonist in the movie "V for Vendetta." Paul backers motivated donors on the Internet with mashed-up clips of the film on the online video site YouTube as well as the Guy Fawkes Day refrain: "Remember, remember the 5th of November."

Well now if Ron does not get elected he will have plenty of money left to retire on I watched V for Vendetta and there was very strange implications in that movie Good post SBL
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Old 11-06-2007, 01:51 PM   #4
purpahurl
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 223 purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold
How many Chinese dishwashers and cat/rat: cookers donated to this?
purpahurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 02:52 PM   #5
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 267 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by purpahurl View Post
How many Chinese dishwashers and cat/rat: cookers donated to this?
To date, Ron Paul has received more donations from members of of the U.S. Armed Services than any other candidate. (of course, that makes up a very small percentage of the complete totals of contributions he has received.)

Go figure.

Last edited by LateNight; 11-06-2007 at 03:02 PM.
LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 03:13 PM   #6
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 258 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
#2 (by a small margin) is Obama, so what do they know?
joepole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 03:30 PM   #7
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 267 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by joepole View Post
I don't know.. was just saying like I say "go figure"
Old 11-06-2007, 06:19 PM   #8
Al Swearengen
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 246 Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by joepole View Post
I'll take this one. Ok, the stat LateNight posted namin Ron Paul the darlin of the military should be of concern to those of you who are still on the fence about Dr. Paul because of his plan to pull our forces from Iraq. Well, if he has the support of the majority of our troops, the actual people doin the fightin, shouldnt that be good enough for you? So then, what possible objection could any of you have to electin Paul for president? Just what is it precisely that you take issue with in regards to the good doctor's campaign platform?

Joe, since you've already admitted that Paul would make the best president on the other thread and dodged my question as to whether that admission means Paul can count on your vote, I'll ask ya again. What say ya?

Last edited by Al Swearengen; 11-06-2007 at 06:33 PM.
Al Swearengen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 06:40 PM   #9
vixweb
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 219 vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of
People who think we should "pull-out" of Iraq are simply not getting the Big Picture, just like the hippies in the 70's. The fact that a very few soldiers have this opinion is statistically not suprising to me. I would LOVE to see all of our troops home and world peace, but that is not the world we live in. I like some of what RonPaul has to say, but he is a loon- and wrong on this issue. But that is O.K. because most Americans understand the true nature of this war on terror and the part Iraq plays in it- Despite so much mis-information, America will prevail !
vixweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 07:32 PM   #10
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixweb View Post
People who think we should "pull-out" of Iraq are simply not getting the Big Picture, just like the hippies in the 70's. The fact that a very few soldiers have this opinion is statistically not suprising to me. I would LOVE to see all of our troops home and world peace, but that is not the world we live in. I like some of what RonPaul has to say, but he is a loon- and wrong on this issue. But that is O.K. because most Americans understand the true nature of this war on terror and the part Iraq plays in it- Despite so much mis-information, America will prevail !

egad.. o.k. tell me, what's the BIG PICTURE that I'm not getting ?
unlike the 'hippies from the 70's I believe the folks who are against this war in Iraq, have many reasons for it.. the least of which, would be dead Iraqi civilians. our commander and chief declared mission accomplished years ago ... let's bring them home. Can't police the world (A long held Republican view point)

But I would like to be educated, and told what it is I'm "not getting" about the Iraq war ? Also I'd like to know what issues of his you disagree with, you'd call him a "loon" ? I know "going back to the Gold Standard" sounds extreme.. but regardless of how you feel about that.. somebody somewhere has to start talking about some fiscal responsibility.
Old 11-06-2007, 07:52 PM   #11
Al Swearengen
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 246 Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future
Oh, we definitly get it, and we dont like it one bit. We get that the party hacks on both sides of the aisle have been growin the government, creatin a plutocracy by the systematic destruction of the middle class, erodin personal freedoms, bankruptin Social Security, printin increasingly worthless money, leavin our borders undefended and neglectin the illegal alien problem, actin as a global police force and pavin the way for the dissolution of our sovereignty to create the North American Union. That's the status quo...happy? Yeah, we get it alright, and we're goddamn well sick to death of it.

I challenge ya to cite just one example to support your characterization of Dr. Paul as a loon. Lets hear it. Enlighten us.

Last edited by Al Swearengen; 11-06-2007 at 08:37 PM.
Al Swearengen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 08:58 PM   #12
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Swearengen View Post
Oh, we definitly get it, and we dont like it one bit. We get that the party hacks on both sides of the aisle have been growin the government, creatin a plutocracy by the systematic destruction of the middle class, erodin personal freedoms, bankruptin Social Security, printin increasingly worthless money, leavin our borders undefended and neglectin the illegal alien problem, actin as a global police force and pavin the way for the dissolution of our sovereignty to create the North American Union. That's the status quo...happy? Yeah, we get it alright, and we're goddamn well sick to death of it.
Wow, you packed quite a post there Al. You are hitting many buttons. I may even vote for Ron Paul if you keep getting me all excited.

I wish that one person could make a real difference, downsize government, foster the middle class, protect personal freedoms, rejuvinate social security (or just kill it), strengthen the dollar, defend our borders.. I stumble at the global police force which I partially agree with. But do you think any of this is a possibility? I guess I'm just a cynical and jaded old guy who is just plain negative. I just hope it ain't raining the day we get out to vote.
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 09:37 AM   #13
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

The Ron Paul Threat?

The Editorial Page of THEDEADPELICAN.COM

http://www.rogersrants.com/blog/
Old 11-08-2007, 12:06 AM   #14
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbl_admin View Post

Ron Paul Wins Straw Vote in New York

Ron Paul Wins! That’s the headline today after the first New York State Republican Straw Poll. Clearly, after raking in a record amount of money the other day, Mr. Paul is on a roll. He seems to have out-organized his fellow Republicans — on Rudolph W. Giuliani’s home turf.

The New York State straw poll was conducted Tuesday at the Metropolitan Republican Club in New York City.

How 'bout them apples !

I realize those 'Straw' polls don't mean a heck of a lot. But I believe he's won a few of them.
Old 11-08-2007, 06:41 AM   #15
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Doctor Ron Paul Dr. Howard Dean Doctors never have been good a business or investment and many are not even good a being doctors.