Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Food & Dining

Notices

Old 07-09-2007, 06:00 PM   #1
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 264 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
What is your favorite dessert?

We have now been discussing our favorite fast food restaurants. What is your favorite dessert? The one dessert you just can not resist.

For me, it's Creme' Brulee.
Old 07-09-2007, 06:05 PM   #2
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle
We have now been discussing our favorite fast food restaurants. What is your favorite dessert? The one dessert you just can not resist.

Home made vanilla ice cream and Ruston peaches that Brulee is bad ass for sure but very sinful

Click image for larger version

Name:	peachescream660.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	60.5 KB
ID:	894

Name:  CREME_BRULEE.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  47.0 KB
Slap yo mama good
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 06:18 PM   #3
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 258 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
Any of the choices at the end of my all-time favorite meal:

http://www.brennansneworleans.com/breakfastmenu.html
joepole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 07:10 PM   #4
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by joepole

You have very good taste in food joepole. I could go wild with that menu
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Old 07-09-2007, 08:07 PM   #5
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Black Forrest Cake prepaired by Chef Shorty Leonard, bless his soul....

A little background.....

Chef Shorty Leonard was chef at just about every Shreveport club back in the 60's and 70's at one time or another. He was chef at the Shreveport Club back when Bert Ruban ran it. He was chef at the Shreveport Country Club. He ran his own place on Hart's Island Rd for a while. The last I heard of him, he was chef at the steakhouse at Horseshoe back when it first opened. He would be in his 80's now and I'm not sure if he has passed away or not. He as rumored to be cantankerous at times and switched jobs often.

But one thing is for certain. His Black Forrest Cake was the best there is. It takes many hours to prepare. (like 6 or 8) He would allow you into his kitchen to watch if you dare, because he knew he was the only one who could really make it right. I wish I had watched him make one. I did know his daughter and son who went to CSHS in the late 70's.. Party on!!

Last edited by rhertz; 07-09-2007 at 08:18 PM.
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 08:45 PM   #6
Isabella
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 236 Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of
Homemade chocolate chip cookies, chocolate cake, chocolate pie, 4 layer delight. Anything chocolate.
Old 07-09-2007, 08:49 PM   #7
piemaker720
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 248 piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold
A hot fudge sundae or homemade peanutbutterookies.
Old 07-09-2007, 09:44 PM   #8
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by joepole

Their bananas foster is to die for Joepole....good choice! If you ever get a chance to go to Squire Creek in Choudrant they have a pretty good one as well! (Not as good as Brennan's though.)

Jennifer Aniston
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 09:47 PM   #9
SDBK

Rep Power: 0 SDBK has a spectacular aura about SDBK has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle

I couldn't agree with you more!! YUM! I was going to post Creme Brulee as soon as I saw the question! I can be so full I'm about to pop, lol, but can always make room for Creme Brulee! It's never too rich.
Old 07-09-2007, 09:49 PM   #10
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabella
Homemade chocolate chip cookies, chocolate cake, chocolate pie, 4 layer delight. Anything chocolate.
I'll have to agree that "my own" homemade chocolate chip cookies are my favorite but I'm with you anything chocolate!

Jennifer Aniston
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 10:04 PM   #11
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
yeah creme brulee would be my second choice.
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 05:19 AM   #12
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Creme brulee is just another form of custard or puddin pie love that puddin pie
Old 07-10-2007, 07:15 AM   #13
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 264 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
Or there is a dessert at Bella Fresca that I can't remember the name of at the moment but it has bananas in it and it's cheesecake or something...mmmmm.