Go Back   Shreveport.com > Shreveport.com Headline News > Local News

Notices

Old 12-13-2006, 12:40 PM   #1
sbl_admin
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to sbl_admin
Post Pit Bull, Baby Incident Makes National News

Tonight’s Nancy Grace show on CNN Headline News will focus on the recent incident in Bossier City of a pit bull puppy gnawing an infant’s foot.

“She had a severe injury to one foot, with most of the toes missing,” Bossier City spokesman Mark Natale told The Times Monday.
sbl_admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 04:08 PM   #2
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 318 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
She had a severe injury to one foot

I do not post in the afternoons very often but I just talk to someone in my office that has close ties to the police office and there is some major questions about how the toes of this child where chewed off ?? The question best I could tell was it a dog that did this to the child ? I had to wonder how
a puppy even a pit bull would have enough teeth at six weeks old to do that
kind of damage. Puppies have small teeth. I am sure in the next day or two we will hear the rest of the story but something smells fishy here.
Isaac
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 02:25 PM   #3
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 294 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Now they are saying it was a ferret?

I was reading the follow up "read more" links on this thread. This makes better sense to me than a puppy chewing off toes.
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 06:03 PM   #4
Al Swearengen
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 247 Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future
Its pretty clear that if either the ferret or the puppy did this it can mean only one thing...those people were starving their pets.
Al Swearengen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 11:34 PM   #5
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 268 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Swearengen
Its pretty clear that if either the ferret or the puppy did this it can mean only one thing...those people were starving their pets.
Something just isn't right about this story. The parents claim to have been sleeping in the same room as the baby. Unless this is one of those kids that doesn't feel pain. (which there is such a condition) I don't see how those parents didn't wake up the first time this baby started screaming. ??

I hear the pound is getting phone calls from all over the country asking how that puppy is doing.

LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 11:50 PM   #6
Isabella
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 237 Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of
Sounds like to me the ferret did it. It is sort of rat like and they have been known to chew on people while they are sleeping. I do not think this couple should be held in jail for this incident. They made a terrible mistake not putting the baby to sleep in a crib.
Old 12-22-2006, 09:26 AM   #7
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 268 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Update on story

D.A. to offer plea deal.

Seems they want the parents to agree to a plea deal of like Child endangerment, and to take some Parenting classes. And both the Ferret and the Dog are to be adopted out. Meanwhile the baby is with one of the grandparents.

now you know... the rest of the story. I guess.
LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 11:17 AM   #8
Snow Man

Rep Power: 0 Snow Man is just really nice Snow Man is just really nice Snow Man is just really nice Snow Man is just really nice Snow Man is just really nice
Child endangerment

Child endangerment ? Please ! If that is the case then all my children have been around dogs and other pets all there life. I do not think that the parentsplaced the child's foot in the mouth of the dog or ferret. They have enough pain with out having to give hair samples for drug test and be all over the news like they have. Plea deal ? That sounds like a DA just trying to win a case with scare tactics.
Snow Man
Snow Man is offline   Reply With Quote