Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Religion & Spirit

Notices

Old 12-03-2007, 09:51 PM   #1
Morpheus
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 225 Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of
Great post Isaac. Is that s Saxxon family original or did you get that off the web somewhere? We are introducing Baby Jesus to Morphette this Christmas.
Morpheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 07:43 AM   #2
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 319 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus View Post
Great post Isaac. Is that s Saxxon family original or did you get that off the web somewhere? We are introducing Baby Jesus to Morphette this Christmas.
Raise a child up in the ways of the Lord and he/she will not wonder. Good idea to introduce Morphette to Christ. I found that poem on the net. Isaac, Mrs. Isaac and the daughters of Isaac are all Christians. This does not mean we do not have a great time in fact we have a better time than most folks
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 10:13 AM   #3
Princess Leia

Rep Power: 0 Princess Leia is a glorious beacon of light Princess Leia is a glorious beacon of light Princess Leia is a glorious beacon of light Princess Leia is a glorious beacon of light Princess Leia is a glorious beacon of light
My family usually spends a quite day at home. After the normal hustle and bustle of the morning (my kids are 3 and 2) we talk about what a great year God blessed us with this past year and things hoped for in the next.

I hope to begin a new tradition with my kiddos this year by reading the Christmas story. We will also attend the candlelight service of our church. Nothing beats spending the holidays with fellow believers.

Merry Christmas to all here and I wish nothing but Grace and Blessings in the year to come.
Princess Leia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 11:07 AM   #4
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 295 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
We used to race to open presents at home so we could make it to the grandparents house to open more presents and eat lunch, then race to the inlaws to visit them and eat dinner. The children probably hated opening presents then leaving most of them at home and hitting the road, not getting back til after dark.

The inlaws moved years ago and now we enjoy a more leasurely Christmas day and eat dinner at home. Extended family is great to have, don't get me wrong.
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 07:17 AM   #5
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 319 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
The great lie has been long uncovered at my house. Just have one of three in the nest. The three sisters are real happy to sleep in knowing their bounty will not run off. Last year I went hunting Christmas morning then came in and opened our material things and felt that instant gratification for a moment. I just hope it is cold so I can have my fire and banana bread then visit with my daughters and Mrs. Isaac. This is the time when the Tree of Life began to dwell with man. God is a great fur tree. Evergreen is eternal life. The Cedars of Lebanon were used to build Solomons Temple.
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Old 12-06-2007, 09:12 AM   #6
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 260 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
Instant gratification is the best kind. You don't have to wait for it.
joepole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 09:55 AM   #7
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by joepole View Post
JP I know if anyone would know about instant gratification it would be you and your pole. Vanity, vanity ..... If you are a Christian then Christmas would mean much more than instant gratification.
Old 12-06-2007, 12:34 PM   #8
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 295 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by joepole View Post
You don't believe that or else you wouldn't have gone to college which is gratifying but hardly instant. Now if you were given an honorary diploma instantly rather than working hard for it, I doubt it would mean the same to you. It's not the sheepskin that counts.
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote