Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Music

Notices

Old 11-02-2007, 10:48 AM   #1
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
Been to any good concerts lately?

Who do y'all like to see perform live? Who rocks the house?
I have to say I went to see Brad Paisley last night and he put on a great show! He is quite the showman on his guitar as well. My daughter got tix at noon yesterday the day of the show and we were right by the stage. A guy I know that works at the Century Tel said the 2008 shows were gonna be better than ever now that they are under new management!Can't wait!

Jennifer Aniston
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 02:23 PM   #2
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
For Mr. Pokie!!!

I'm Still A Guy!

Jennifer Aniston
Old 11-02-2007, 04:26 PM   #3
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
The last time I went to a concert it was Hank Williams Jr. Country boy can survive

Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 05:44 PM   #4
scarlett
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 233 scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of
Send a message via ICQ to scarlett Send a message via AIM to scarlett Send a message via Yahoo to scarlett
I recently saw Chris Daughtry here in S. Florida. We have quite a few venue's here so I can really pick and choose quite a bit here. I missed a Styx concert recently
Old 11-02-2007, 06:32 PM   #5
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlett View Post
I recently saw Chris Daughtry here in S. Florida. We have quite a few venue's here so I can really pick and choose quite a bit here. I missed a Styx concert recently
Styx would be a very good show. I used to do concerts all the time but my hearing in more important now and I have a good sound system and dvd concerts. Division Bell 94 Dallas Texas
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Old 11-02-2007, 07:31 PM   #6
vixweb
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 219 vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of
I was also at the PinkFloyd show in dallas '94- It was the best show I've EVER seen!! My number 2 would have to be U2 in Texas Stadium that same year on the Zoo TV tour. The last show I went to was Tool here at the centurytel- it was my 9th TOOL show and was awesome as usual-
vixweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 09:15 PM   #7
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Styx was the first act to play the Century Tel. They put on a really good show and if I remember correctly were almost all original members. It's fun reminiscing to those oldies too!

Jennifer Aniston
Old 11-03-2007, 07:58 AM   #8
guitarman
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 213 guitarman is a splendid one to behold guitarman is a splendid one to behold guitarman is a splendid one to behold guitarman is a splendid one to behold guitarman is a splendid one to behold guitarman is a splendid one to behold
Anybody here ever seen this band in concert ??

guitarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 10:37 AM   #9
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 267 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarman View Post
Anybody here ever seen this band in concert ??

LOL yup, seen them there good ol' Southern boys a few times.. First time I saw them in concert, I must have been about 13 I guess.. I was right up front, standing next to a couple of older lookin' hippie/hell's angle's lookin' dudes.. At first they were laughin' at me, wonderin' what I was doin' there.. But then blew them away a bit, when they realized I knew the words to every song song they played and was gettin' into it big time. I guess that would have been my very first "concert"
LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 12:21 PM   #10
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 264 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
Michael Buble will be at Centurytel Feb. 29. Can't wait!!!!!!! He puts on a show.
Old 11-03-2007, 12:44 PM   #11
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle View Post
Michael Buble will be at Centurytel Feb. 29. Can't wait!!!!!!! He puts on a show.
Old 11-03-2007, 01:13 PM   #12
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

The lyrics were a bit hard to understand in the above I'm Still A Guy video. I feel they are worth printing for all you real guys out there!

When you see a deer you see Bambi
And I see antlers up on the wall
When you see a lake you think picnic
And I see a large mouth up under that log
You're probably thinking that you're going to change me
In some ways well maybe you might
Scrub me down, dress me up but remember no matter what
I'm still a guy

When you see a priceless French painting
I see drunk, naked girls
You think that riding a wild bull sounds crazy
And I'd like to give it a whirl
Well love makes a man do some things he ain't proud of
And in a weak moment I might walk your sissy dog, hold your purse at the mall
But remember, I'm still a guy

I'll pour out my heart
Hold your hand in the car
Write a love song that makes you cry
Then turn right around knock some jerk to the ground
'Cause he copped a feel as you walked by

I can hear you now talking to your friends
Saying, "Yeah girls he's come a long way"
From dragging his knuckles and carrying a club
And building a fire in a cave
But when you say a backrub means only a backrub
Then you swat my hand when I try
Well, what can I say at the end of the day
Honey, I'm still a guy

I'll pour out my heart
Hold your hand in the car
Write a love song that makes you cry
Then turn right around knock some jerk to the ground
'Cause he copped a feel as you walked by

These days there's dudes getting facials
Manicured, waxed and botoxed
With deep spray-on tans and creamy lotiony hands
You can't grip a tacklebox

With all of these men lining up to get neutered
Getting out of being feminized
I don't highlight my hair
I've still got a pair
Yeah honey, I'm still a guy

Oh my eyebrows ain't plucked
There's a gun in my truck
Oh thank God, I'm still a guy

Jennifer Aniston
Old 11-03-2007, 07:14 PM   #13
guitarman
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 213 guitarman is a splendid one to behold guitarman is a splendid one to behold guitarman is a splendid one to behold guitarman is a splendid one to behold guitarman is a splendid one to behold guitarman is a splendid one to behold
Any Aerosmith fans ? I have see them four times Deaf as post after the concert.

Just give it a kiss and walk this way
guitarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 10:21 PM   #14
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

They may be kinda loud for this board, but I'm still hanging in there best I can. The band is older than I am so if they can still rock who says I can't? Next time it will most likely be with the help of some earplugs though!

Jennifer Aniston
Old 11-04-2007, 04:10 AM   #15
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Jackson Browne
Bruce Springsteen & Jackson Browne - The Promised Land

I went to see Jackson Browne at the Strand. Very good concert. Is there anybody on this board that likes JB ?

Last edited by Isaac-Saxxon; 11-04-2007 at 10:33 AM.