Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Lounge

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-06-2007, 11:57 AM   #1
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 261 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
Reputation System Review

I've been chatting with other members over the past 24 hours about the rep system on SBLive! I don't know what the deal is, but I hear negative reps are flying all over the place and many of us aren't sure why. I've only been hit by one negative rep recently and the comment block was left empty, so who knows what the problem was. SO, I thought I'd draw some attention to the FAQs on the rep system. I found these in the FAQs of SBLive!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbl_admin
How do I use the rep system properly?

Simple! The only activity that members are required to perform in order to take part in the rep system is leave rep comments on other members whose posts they particularly liked or didn't like. That's it! To leave a comment on a member's reputation, just click the small scale icon in the lower left corner of their post. You will be prompted for your approval (or disapproval) of the post and what your opinion of the post was. Every member can read their most recent rep comments in their respective My SBLive! panels. The rep comment form will not require you to actually type your opinion in the comment field, but we encourage all members do so. This way, the member you are commenting on will know what you like to see and what you don't. Now here are some vital tips to keep in mind when using the rep comment form:

• Members are encouraged to add reputation on posts they feel are inspiring, informative, entertaining, or otherwise useful to the forums content.
  • The comments you leave on a member's post should be in reference to that post and nothing else.
  • The reputation system is NOT meant for returning fire on members whom you suspect having left a bad comment on your reputation.
  • The reputation system is NOT meant for anonymously swearing or attempting to smear the dignity of other members. Use the comments to share your opinion of their post, NOT your opinion of the member!
  • The reputation system is NOT meant for degrading the reputation of people whom you simply don't agree with or share different views than your own. Use your ignore list for such people if you really can't stand looking at their posts.
According to these FAQs set down by admin, it's not against the rules to leave a blank rep comment, but we are all encouraged to let other members know what we liked and didn't like to see by typing a comment in. This way, we all know what areas in our forum condust we need to work on.
AnimeSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote