Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Government & Politics

Notices

Old 01-10-2008, 06:38 PM   #16
Al Swearengen
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 246 Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by joepole View Post
Discussions like the one in this thread (not just the spelling/grammar) are the reason people won't vote for Ron Paul...Normal people read stuff like this and are turned off by a candidate that is so fervently supported by nutjobs.

Wrong, wrong wrong. Weak-minded fools who're susceptable to propaganda and love the taste of bullschit, like yourself for example, are turned off by it. Obviously ya cant see past the spellin, as I've stated many times before that I try to spell the way I speak, and to get around the built-in censorship in this forum, but ya already knew that. "Normal people"? Ya mean like you? Dont make me laugh. I got news for ya Joe, nitpickin, snivelin, anal crybabies aint the norm, except maybe at your house.

Last edited by Al Swearengen; 01-10-2008 at 07:07 PM.
Al Swearengen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 07:00 PM   #17
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 257 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
I guess I'm in the minority. That explains Ron Paul's runaway popularity and virtual lock on the white house.
joepole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 08:15 PM   #18
Al Swearengen
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 246 Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future
Ron Paul just resurrected his campaign Larry Fester
Published 01/10/2008 - 6:11 p.m. EST

Analysis-In the midst of an emerging controversy that would have crumbled a lesser candidate, Ron Paul just defended himself against allegations of racism that left Wolf Blitzer of CNN’s situation room stuttering.

A recent New Republic hit piece on Ron Paul brought up racist writings that were written under the Ron Paul newsletter. The letters had been public for over 15 years and Paul had denied writing those years ago.

When questioned on the letters by Blitzer, Paul said that he had not paid attention to the newsletter that was written in his name and that he didn’t know who wrote them. Paul said that he had taken moral responsibility for not paying more attention to what went out in his name.

Paul then eloquently addressed the issue of racism and demonstrated that the collectivist concept of racism was entirely contrary to the Libertarian ideal of individual liberty. Paul also said that his ideology did not see people in groups but instead viewed everyone as an important individual.

Paul also said that the attacks and allegations against him were because his campaign is growing and gaining traction among black voters. Paul leads all Republicans among blacks.

Paul then said that he is the only candidate running that would pardon all blacks and whites convicted of non violent drug crimes and that the racism is in the judicial system. He said that he honored Rosa Parks and Martin Luther King Jr. for their acts of non violent Civil Disobedience which he said was a Libertarian concept.

Paul also pointed out that his grassroots supporters have planned a mass donation day scheduled on Martin Luther King Jr’s holiday to honor Dr. King and Dr Paul.

Paul’s supporters consider him the first Civil Rights leader of the 21st Century for his tireless defense of the U.S. Constitution and the Bill of Rights. Paul voted against the Patriot Act and has made the defense of Civil Liberties a cornerstone of his political career.

Paul’s political campaign is clearly uniting people from all backgrounds. Time will tell, but I do believe that the Wolf Blitzer interview is the turning point of the campaign.

If Fox News attempts to sand bag Paul on the issue during tonight’s debate it will backfire and he will win the debate easily.

Related article:

Ron Paul to be honored as America’s Civil Rights leader
Old 01-10-2008, 08:16 PM   #19
Al Swearengen
Advanced Member

Ron Paul to be honored as America’s Civil Rights leader Larry Fester
Published 01/09/2008 - 7:30 p.m. EST

Republican presidential hopeful Ron Paul is to be honored by grassroots activists as the first Civil Rights leader of the 21st Century.

FreeAtLast2008.com - Ron Paul For President is a new website designed to generate a 10 million dollar plus cash infusion for Paul’s campaign along with nationwide marches to honor Dr. Paul and Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

Many of Ron Paul’s supporters consider him the first Civil Rights leader of the 21st Century for his tireless defense of the U.S. Constitution and the Bill of Rights. Paul voted against the Patriot Act and has made the defense of liberty a central theme in his campaign.

Organizers of the mass donation day have successfully broke records in the past on November 5th with 4.2 million, and on December 16th with a historic 6 plus million dollar day to commemorate the Boston Tea Party.

Unique to this money bomb is that it isn’t designed to protest anything; instead, it is designed to honor both Dr. Paul and Dr. King as Civil Rights leaders. It is a sign of the transcendent nature of Paul’s message of peace, freedom, and prosperity.

Paul's website says regarding racism:

“The collectivist mindset is at the heart of racism. Racism is simply an ugly form of collectivism, the mindset that views humans strictly as members of groups rather than as individuals. Racists believe that all individuals who share superficial physical characteristics are alike: as collectivists, racists think only in terms of groups.”

Paul has raised more money in the 4rth quarter than his opponents yet has not been able to break through the 10% barrier in the first couple contests of the GOP nomination process. This is largely because of a corporate media blackout.

As it stands now, the two frontrunners Mike Huckabee and John McCain are not financially viable to compete on Super Tuesday without millions of dollars of free media to propel them. Mitt Romney can continue to self finance his campaign if desired.

Paul, already financed through Super Tuesday, which is February 5th, may find himself with another windfall in a couple weeks
Old 01-10-2008, 09:42 PM   #20
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 257 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
He's one of the greatest men to have ever had absolutely no chance of ever becoming President of the United states.
joepole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 10:54 PM   #21
Morpheus
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 223 Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of
I cannot stand Wolf Blitzer. The first time I saw him sniveling under a table in Hotel Baghdad I knew I didn't like him. I don't care much for Anderson Cooper either. Sensationalist yellow journalism bastages.

Ron Paul went up a few notches in my estimation if he shut wolf up. However, I still worry he's too old for the job.
Old 01-11-2008, 12:49 PM   #22
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 316 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus View Post
I cannot stand Wolf Blitzer. The first time I saw him sniveling under a table in Hotel Baghdad I knew I didn't like him. I don't care much for Anderson Cooper either. Sensationalist yellow journalism bastages.

Ron Paul went up a few notches in my estimation if he shut wolf up. However, I still worry he's too old for the job.
He does look a bit withered. He will not do well with his foreign policy.
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 07:40 AM   #23
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 316 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Did Ron Paul Supporters Cross the Line?

Fuzzy Math

The town clerk of Sutton, New Hampshire incurred the wrath of Ron Paul supporters following last week's primary election. Jennifer Call tells the Concord Monitor she somehow ended up recording that Paul received no votes in her town out of the 920 cast. But by the next morning the mistake had been fixed, and Paul received credit for 31 votes.

Call says over the next few hours she received about 40 calls from Paul supporters. Some falsely claimed they were media looking into a story about voter fraud. Others yelled she had committed treason. One said she should be shot. She also received enough calls at home that she locked her doors, unhooked her answering machine and requested an unlisted number.

Of her experience with Paul supporters, Call says — "most of these people are not rational."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,322705,00.html
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Old 01-15-2008, 06:17 PM   #24
Al Swearengen
Advanced Member

Of her experience with Paul supporters, Call says — "most of these people are not rational."

I'm sure that's true, but then it's true of almost any group of people. And of all the different groups of people, if any group deserves to be cut some slack it's Paul supporters, for these're people who've become so utterly disgusted with the government and the way that it's run that the mere thought of Dr. Paul not bein elected sends em into throes o' righteous fury and inconsolable despair.
Old 01-15-2008, 11:23 PM   #25
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Could this be Dr. Paul Revere here to save our country from the Queen's English ??

Name:  Paul Revere.jpg
Views: 6
Size:  33.1 KB

Maybe it is one of these guys ?

Name:  paul-revere-and-the-raiders.jpg
Views: 3
Size:  32.5 KB

Last edited by Isaac-Saxxon; 01-16-2008 at 07:20 AM.