Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Business & Finance

Notices

Old 01-14-2008, 09:36 PM   #1
rkpickett

Rep Power: 0 rkpickett will become famous soon enough rkpickett will become famous soon enough
Looking for weekend festivals in La

I would like to build a list of weekend festivals, motorcycle rallies, car shows, etc. Started a new mobile food vendor business last year and need to add some events to fill my schedule out for 2008. Based in Mansfield La and would like to try to stay in the northern part of the state. If you know of any such events, please contact me rkpickett@cs.com
rkpickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 10:58 PM   #2
j.nc
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 209 j.nc is a name known to all j.nc is a name known to all j.nc is a name known to all j.nc is a name known to all j.nc is a name known to all j.nc is a name known to all
"mobile food vendor" -so you sell mobile food? Like what shows up at outside events and such? What do you sell?

Funnel cakes is gooood. Brats is gooood. The variaety is so big now. At a recent one out here they had -in addition to the old tried and true - Kettle Korn, places with Gyros, oh - those Turkey legs... getting hungry... Asian fare (no street fiar sushi rhertz), seafood fried or broiled (east coast can't prep fish anywhere near as good as Louisiana), etc. I'm sure it's the same out there now too. Not just dogs and cotton candy.
Old 01-15-2008, 09:51 PM   #3
Morpheus
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 223 Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of
Lucky Dog!
Old 01-15-2008, 11:13 PM   #4
j.nc
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 209 j.nc is a name known to all j.nc is a name known to all j.nc is a name known to all j.nc is a name known to all j.nc is a name known to all j.nc is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus View Post
Lucky Dog!
lol - exactly
luck dog - 12 inches of paradise!
Old 01-16-2008, 07:53 AM   #5
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
Bonnie and Clyde Trade Days in Arcadia runs the weekend prior to the 3rd Monday of the month.
In Canton TX (not too far down the road) is First Monday Park which is the weekend of every first Monday of the month.
Check them out! Neither are exactly festivals but alot of folks that LOVE to eat attend these!

Jennifer Aniston
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 10:46 AM   #6
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkpickett View Post
I would like to build a list of weekend festivals, motorcycle rallies, car shows, etc. Started a new mobile food vendor business last year and need to add some events to fill my schedule out for 2008. Based in Mansfield La and would like to try to stay in the northern part of the state. If you know of any such events, please contact me rkpickett@cs.com
There is a lot of them. Might have to do some research for dates.

Red River Revel
Gun and Knife Show
RV Show (coming up soon I think)
KTBS Boat Show
Mudbug Madness
Jazz and Gumbo Fest
Mardi Gras Parades
Farmers Market at Festival Plaza
Let the Good Times Roll Festival
Holiday in Dixie

I would check with the folks at the tourist bureau at www.sbctb.org to start with.
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote