Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Science & Technology

Notices

Old 10-16-2007, 07:20 AM   #31
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
You guys know your very first love was a robot. Her name was Rosie or better known as Rosie Palmer.

Name:  Robot.jpg.jpg
Views: 29
Size:  20.9 KB
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 07:40 AM   #32
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by purpahurl View Post
If we could come out with a male "shopping companion" robot that loves to look and spend hours shopping and not buying we'd have it made.
Not buy anything??? That would be YOUR fantasy!! Mr. Roboto would have to be loaded in the wallet as well as other areas!

Jennifer Aniston
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 09:34 AM   #33
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 260 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
I suppose I can support sex with a robot, but not marriage. Marriage comes with certain legal/financial benefits that I think should not be extended to an artificial mate. Even now, you can go out and buy a sex doll, but I don't think you can legally marry it.

As far as robot sex, why not? It might have a positive influence on mankind's run-away population.
Old 10-16-2007, 09:54 AM   #34
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 258 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
Run-away population? The US is below replacement level birth-wise, immigration is the only thing that keeps us from shrinking. Europe is below replacement level. Asia and Africa are the only places with expanding populations.

We've barely passed six billion people worldwide, we're nowhere near any problem population levels, Earth as a whole is fairly sparsely populated.
joepole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 10:13 AM   #35
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
The Greenies would have your think that we are over populated. There is plenty of room on this planet. Good post joe.
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Old 10-16-2007, 11:51 AM   #36
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 260 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
Sorry, but when we are stacking homes atop one another (tall buildings and apartments) to make room for housing, it's clear there are too many people.
Old 10-16-2007, 11:58 AM   #37
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 267 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeSpirit View Post
Sorry, but when we are stacking homes atop one another (tall buildings and apartments) to make room for housing, it's clear there are too many people.
Depends entirely on where you want to live. Might be too many people who want to live in one location.. doesn't mean we don't have plenty of vacant space available
LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 12:01 PM   #38
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Remember int the Matrix when Smith was talking to Morpheus. Man is like a virus that moves to a place and breeds until they take over. City's will always draw large crowds because of business. There is plenty of land just need to have people like the American pioneers to get it done. I was not calling you a greenie Anime
Old 10-16-2007, 12:21 PM   #39
purpahurl
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 223 purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Here we go.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	17468.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	24.5 KB
ID:	1609  

purpahurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 02:10 PM   #40
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 258 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
>Sorry, but when we are stacking homes atop one another (tall buildings and apartments) to make room for housing, it's clear there are too many people.

1. That makes absolutely no sense.

2. If that were true then the world has been overcrowded for thousands of years. What are the consequences of this overcrowding?

3. Why does the fact that some people are "stacking houses" mean we're too crowded, but the fact that most everybody else isn't doesn't mean we're not too crowded? By your logic if there existed a multi-story building anywhere in the world then we would have "too many people."

The Earth (disregarding Antarctica) has about 112 people per square mile, about 10% denser than Louisiana. Does Louisiana seem full to you?
joepole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 04:37 PM   #41
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
I'd rather have an opposite sex clone than a robot.... I'm always screwing myself over anyways.....
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 07:44 PM   #42
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhertz View Post
I'd rather have an opposite sex clone than a robot.... I'm always screwing myself over anyways.....
That sounds like it would hurt. So you would like to see yourself in drag
Old 10-16-2007, 07:49 PM   #43
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon View Post
So you would like to see yourself in drag
No I see my sister every day.. It was just a joke!
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 07:54 PM   #44
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhertz View Post
No I see my sister every day.. It was just a joke!
I bet she would not laugh I just guessing she is not one the avatars on this board
Old 10-16-2007, 10:13 PM   #45
piemaker720
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 248 piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon View Post
I bet she would not laugh I just guessing she is not one the avatars on this board
Thanks you guys, now I'll probably dream of rhertz in drag tonight, oh what a nightmare.