Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-10-2007, 08:58 AM   #1
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 268 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
For anyone who has lost a dog

I remember seeing this one when it originally aired on the Tonight Show..

LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 09:13 AM   #2
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 318 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Great post LN I have had three Bo's in my life that have past and it is never easy because Bo is the child that will never get mad at you and never want to leave and always glad to see you. My three Bo's where Molly, Bandit and Chester and now I have two old dogs Red and Lisa and I love them so.

Bandit with one of his pups and his mother Molly in the background
Click image for larger version

Name:	BANDIT.JPG
Views:	4
Size:	582.7 KB
ID:	897
Old Chester lived to be 16 who was the son of Bandit

Name:	Picture 137.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	675.7 KB
ID:	898
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 10:06 AM   #3
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 272 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
I miss my departed dogs too! Y'all have both made me cry this morning but that is okay...I'll go and love on my old doggies they always make me feel better!

Jennifer Aniston
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 10:12 AM   #4
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 261 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
That was a great post. I'm more of a cat person myself, but I like dogs too.
Old 07-10-2007, 10:37 AM   #5
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 268 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Yea.. I was over on the New Orleans Saints message board, some poor guy there just had to put his 15 year old dog down.. got everyone posting these sad ass stories about their poor departed dogs.. everyone boo - hooin'

Including me, and my poor departed Casey Jones She was a good ol' dog.

Old 07-17-2007, 11:53 AM   #6
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 318 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Your Casey Jones is one fine looking K-9. Is Casey related to Taz with the fine blue eyes ? You have a history of good luck when it comes to picking out a dog
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 07:39 PM   #7
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 265 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
LOUIS
2005-2006

Name:	LOUIS.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	1.22 MB
ID:	1057
Old 07-17-2007, 11:18 PM   #8
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
Your Casey Jones is one fine looking K-9. Is Casey related to Taz with the fine blue eyes ? You have a history of good luck when it comes to picking out a dog
ol' casey still holds a place in my heart.. my first dog that was ALL MINE.. picked her up shortly after I moved out on my own.. was around when I got married, was around to see my kids born, and she was great about all of it

no not related.. Casey was 100% Alaskan Malamute.. she had puppies, I kept Shelby.. some years later Shelby had puppies, my mother kept one of those..
Taz we got much later.
Taz is half malamute and half we don't know what.

Always been a big fan of Malamutes.. they're smart, can teach them just about anything.. but it always comes down to if they "feel like doing it"

Over the years, I've seen several Malamute mixes.. like Taz, and I believe I like them even better.
Old 07-17-2007, 11:18 PM   #9
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle
LOUIS
2005-2006

what happened to LOUIS ???
Old 07-18-2007, 01:54 PM   #10
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 265 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by LateNight
what happened to LOUIS ???
Two words for you....Killer Tiller.

Louis was about 16 months old when he passed away. One Saturday morning last August my husband was outside quite early walking around with the dogs. He got on his tractor, looked behind him before he started it, and noticed Louis laying on the ground. He jumped off and brought him inside to me because he was unconscious. We rushed him to the vet in Waskom because Dr. Hughes that we use in Shreveport is closed on Saturdays. We did not think that we could make it all the way to Shreveport to the emergency clinic. Louis had a collapsing trachea and we thought he was perhaps having an attack with that. The vet at Dr. Tiller's told us that his blood sugar was too high and he needed insulin. They talked me into leaving him there so they could treat him. He was FINE when I left him. He had regained consciousness and was walking around. Still a little groggy but conscious. They assured me they would call me Sunday morning and let me know how he was. I explained to them I would do ANYTHING for my dog including taking him to LSU Vet School in Baton Rouge if he needed it. No phone call Sunday. On Monday I had to call them at 7 in the morning only to find out he was having seizures, unconscious, and critically ill. Long story short...they called me Tuesday to pick him up they had done all they could and if I wanted him saved I would have to take him to the vet school. I picked him up and it was the most heart breaking site I've ever seen. He was dog paddling his feet, head arching completely backward, and unresponsive. I took him straight to Dr. Hughes.

Dr. Hughes tried to save him but he passed away later that day. We went through the records and discovered that he had been overdosed on insulin by the vet in Waskom. He went all day Sunday with a blood sugar of 21 which caused him to have the seizures which caused brain damage which led to his death. They did not go in and check on the dogs in Waskom until late Sunday afternoon. AND it was not a vet that checked on the dogs, just a vet tech.

I will tell everyone the story of Louis so that no other dog is ever taken to Waskom and has to suffer like mine did. He was the most loving and beautiful dog and did not deserve what he got. God bless him. I know that he is now in heaven though with his favorite squeaky toy having the time of his life!
Old 07-18-2007, 02:51 PM   #11
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 272 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
That is so sad Tbelle! I hope y'all got back in touch with that vet in Waskom!! Somehow I feel like you did! Did he admit fault or show signs of remorse? Hopefully the word gets out not to go to him. Sorry about Louis!

Jennifer Aniston
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote