Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 10-14-2007, 06:57 PM   #1
Morpheus
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 224 Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of
Tyler Zoo

Went to the Tyler Zoo today. We had a blast. Too bad Shreveport doesn't have one.

Morpheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 08:49 PM   #2
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 265 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
That last picture there looks like my ex- mother-in law!!!

Seriously, it is a shame that Shreveport doesn't have some kind of zoo. Does anybody remember the zoo thing they had ages ago at Ford Park?
Old 10-14-2007, 08:59 PM   #3
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 318 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle View Post
That last picture there looks like my ex- mother-in law!!!

Seriously, it is a shame that Shreveport doesn't have some kind of zoo. Does anybody remember the zoo thing they had ages ago at Ford Park?
Had the train engine and now it has become a part of town that I will have to pass on. Was the sheet in the 60's. Ever eat at Worms ?
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 09:23 PM   #4
purpahurl
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 224 purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold
Hamels had a zoo of sorts also. You could ride that train around the lake and the fenced in park area with all the animals. That was cool. Ford Park had some white deer for awhile until someone shot one with a bow. That's why we can't have anything good around here. Someone is always out there to screw it up for the rest of us.
purpahurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 09:25 PM   #5
purpahurl
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 224 purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold
By the way, great pics Morph. I love the eating area at this zoo where you look out over all of this African Savannah pretty cool.
purpahurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 06:48 AM   #6
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 318 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus View Post
Went to the Tyler Zoo today. We had a blast. Too bad Shreveport doesn't have one.

That is one pretty little girl Morpheus. Is she your baby ? Hey even joepole has pretty children too so there is hope for us all Baby Pyle
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Old 10-15-2007, 08:29 AM   #7
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 272 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
My girls have all been to the zoo on school trips in the past and had a great time! What a great way to spend a quick getaway for a day! I think I as a grown up kid would enjoy that...Mr. Pokie would too. Great suggestion!

Jennifer Aniston
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 09:21 AM   #8
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 294 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
I remember both the zoo at Ford Park and Hamels zoo, complete with a chimp that smoked cigarettes! I've never been to the Tyler zoo. Thanks for the pictures. Sounds like a great family getaway. I'll have to give it a try.
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 06:01 PM   #9
Morpheus
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 224 Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon View Post
That is one pretty little girl Morpheus. Is she your baby ? Hey even joepole has pretty children too so there is hope for us all Baby Pyle
Yeah the top photo, outside the glass is morphette version 1.0. We are working on starting version 2.0.
Old 10-15-2007, 06:08 PM   #10
Morpheus
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhertz View Post
I remember both the zoo at Ford Park and Hamels zoo, complete with a chimp that smoked cigarettes! I've never been to the Tyler zoo. Thanks for the pictures. Sounds like a great family getaway. I'll have to give it a try.
I missed monkey island at the zoo. I let Mrs. Morph navigate and we ended up at the exit. Coincidence? I think not! We were two hours past morphette's nap time so we hit the road. Some ephemera:

Travel time: 1 hour 15 minutes
Admission: $7.50 for adults, children 2 and under free
Cheeseburger basket with drink: Around $7, quite tasty, and with a nice view of the African Savanna.
Casualties/Injury report: One white shirt size 2T, one skinned knee, two tantrums
Old 10-15-2007, 06:33 PM   #11
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus View Post
Yeah the top photo, outside the glass is morphette version 1.0. We are working on starting version 2.0.
It will never get any better than it is right now Make it last ! Once 2.0 gets here life is forever changed.