Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Entertainment

Notices

Old 10-06-2007, 07:53 PM   #76
guitarman
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 213 guitarman is a splendid one to behold guitarman is a splendid one to behold guitarman is a splendid one to behold guitarman is a splendid one to behold guitarman is a splendid one to behold guitarman is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by vixweb View Post
Now thats soul! I don't think anyone else has EVER put that much into a guitar. I'll never forget the day he died, I was stunned....I was living in panama city beach at the time, and Jeff Healy played a free concert on the beach just a week or two after his death-It was INCREDIBLE ! Half the show was SRV songs- He was very emotional, and spoke about him several times during the night.
Stevie Ray guitar licks !!~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yNwIKhneEA
guitarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 12:01 AM   #77
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 267 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarman View Post
How about some real music here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJWF2FGuSWg ! This is more my style Time to go watch some LSU football.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EI9TS...elated&search=

Hail, hail, Stevie Ray. I could sit in a bar and watch him play that guitar all night long. Made it look so damn easy..

Last edited by LateNight; 10-07-2007 at 12:12 AM.
LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 02:56 PM   #78
guitarman
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 213 guitarman is a splendid one to behold guitarman is a splendid one to behold guitarman is a splendid one to behold guitarman is a splendid one to behold guitarman is a splendid one to behold guitarman is a splendid one to behold
Lightnin' Hopkins- Baby please don't go
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8kQR4xc4kw
Steven Tyler - Hangmans Jury
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oud1PEMfjEk
Rolling Stones&Eric Clapton&John Lee Hooker - Boogie Chillun
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFE7V...elated&search=
How about some more music here folks. Just who do you rock to ?

Maybe "Honkin on Bobo"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wY1ThPbOzQ
guitarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 07:47 PM   #79
Al Swearengen
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 246 Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future
Quote:
Yeah, thats an easy out. whats that old saying," if you cant take the heat....."
Heat? What heat? Aint no heat! Arguin with a brainwashed neocon here...might as well be bangin my head against a wall. Neocons aint even true conservatives...if they were true conservatives there'd be no debate, ya "Ditto-Head!

Last edited by Al Swearengen; 10-08-2007 at 02:11 AM.
Al Swearengen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 07:54 AM   #80
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
I watched this interview last night and Bruce was right about one thing and that would be this country has filled his pockets. I am sure he was raised in a UAW family and blames the government for their hard times. May be time for him to give back to his country instead of tearing it down.

Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 06:05 PM   #81
vixweb
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 219 vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Swearengen View Post
Heat? What heat? Aint no heat! Arguin with a brainwashed neocon here...might as well be bangin my head against a wall. Neocons aint even true conservatives...if they were true conservatives there'd be no debate, ya "Ditto-Head!
Whats this "ditto-head" stuff ? You think I get my info from rush?? Go get yourself a book(and read it)! As soon as facts(heat) were presented, you were gone. And what makes you think I'm a neocon? Brainwashed? Keep talkin Al, it just keeps getting better....
vixweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 07:56 PM   #82
Al Swearengen
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 246 Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future
Quote:
Whats this "ditto-head" stuff ? You think I get my info from rush?? Go get yourself a book(and read it)! As soon as facts(heat) were presented, you were gone. And what makes you think I'm a neocon? Brainwashed? Keep talkin Al, it just keeps getting better....

Aw now, dont deny it, Vix. Ya probably call in to Rush's show everyday to tell him how great he is...suckin up to him so he'll give ya "mega-dittos"! If you're really loyal, he might let ya clean the earwax off his cochlear implants...and keep it! Not that theres anythin wrong with that...its ok that Rush is your hero. Tell ya somethin bout your boy Rush ya may not know though, Vix...he was born with a tail! Thats right, your fearless leader had his tail surgically removed soon as he discovered that "chicks dont dig it"! Yeah, I know...you're crestfallen. Sorry bout that, buddy.

Last edited by Al Swearengen; 10-08-2007 at 10:53 PM.
Al Swearengen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 10:25 PM   #83
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
You two cowboys need to settle this the old fashioned way. A duel at high noon with single action revolvers. Oh how I love those old Clint Eastwood films!
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 07:44 AM   #84
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarman View Post
Lightnin' Hopkins- Baby please don't go
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8kQR4xc4kw
Steven Tyler - Hangmans Jury
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oud1PEMfjEk
Rolling Stones&Eric Clapton&John Lee Hooker - Boogie Chillun
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFE7V...elated&search=
How about some more music here folks. Just who do you rock to ?

Maybe "Honkin on Bobo"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wY1ThPbOzQ
Great songs guitarman! Check out my youtube post...you will recognize the song there too!

Jennifer Aniston
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 07:47 AM   #85
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhertz View Post
You two cowboys need to settle this the old fashioned way. A duel at high noon with single action revolvers. Oh how I love those old Clint Eastwood films!
John Wayne in a duel?? Al you better start practicing your quickdraw!

Jennifer Aniston
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 11:36 AM   #86
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Now, now boys calm down we can agree to disagree rhertz no need to start trouble here. I enjoy Al and Vix post and hope to see more adult debate. This really helps show where everybody stands and this is America and no matter right or wrong you have that right and choice thanks to the brave American soldier.

Click image for larger version

Name:	flashtribute.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	14.8 KB
ID:	1569

In God We Trust !

Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Old 10-09-2007, 03:16 PM   #87
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Lk out for the truth. The truth hurts at times and this thread has brought to light the opinions on this board. I stress opinions because this is about freedom of speech. Choice ! I did some searching and found many links that would apply to this thread and they seemed to all agree so I picked a blog that "I" believe makes some good points about the man named BRUCE who is starting to look more like Bob Dylan
http://blogcritics.org/archives/2007/02/18/103354.php
Click image for larger version

Name:	Patti Scialfa and Bruce.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	72.4 KB
ID:	1570
Bruce and Pattie Scialfa the other woman
Old 10-09-2007, 08:51 PM   #88
vixweb
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 219 vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of
Clearly, I won the debate. Becuase of that, he has now resorted to name calling and personal attacks- he has nothing else to contribute, therefore has made himself irrelevant on the subject. I will remain civil as long as I can. I don't have a problem debating anyone here, even Al. Be assured I will NOT be intimidated-Bring it on.....
And yes Pokie, The Duke is a Formidable opponent!
Old 10-09-2007, 09:37 PM   #89
Al Swearengen
Advanced Member

Jeez Vix, I wasnt tryin to intimidate ya...lighten up, we're just talkin here. Far as the debate goes, ya clearly didnt win jack! The prez and the veep most certainly are enrichin themselves off of this conflict. It most definitly does stink to high heaven of corruption and kickbacks. And its blood money, man, any way ya look at it. Junior and his regime have done more to tear down personal freedom in this country than any ten Bin Ladens, than any thousand Saddams. Junior was once quoted as sayin of the U.S. Constitution "its just a piece of paper"! Those are the facts, spin em any way ya want. Ya might not like it, but there it is. It'd be real nice if ya werent part of the sheople herd, faithfully swallowin whatever propoganda the shills for the republican party serve up. It'd be real nice if ya could wean yourself off of talk radio and string together some cogent thoughts instead of regurgitatin whatever garbage ya heard on Rush or Hannity or Drudge. Be real nice if ya could tell the difference between Springsteen and Hanoi Jane. But since this is a free country, you can just go right on ahead and have it your way. No skin off my nose, bro.
Old 10-09-2007, 09:46 PM   #90
vixweb
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Swearengen View Post
Look Vix, I wasnt tryin to intimidate ya, we're just talkin here. Far as the debate went, ya didnt win jack! The prez and the veep most certainly are enrichin themselves off of this conflict. It most definitly does stink to high heaven of corruption and kickbacks. And its blood money, man, any way ya look at it. Junior and his regime have done more to tear down personal freedom in this country than any ten Bin Ladens, than any thousand Saddams. Junior was once quoted as sayin of the U.S. Constitution "its just a piece of paper"! Those are the facts, spin em any way ya want. Ya might not like it, but there it is. It'd be real nice if ya werent part of the sheople herd, faithfully swallowin whatever the shills for the republican party serve up. It'd be real nice if ya could wean yourself off of talk radio and make up your own mind and draw your own conclusions. Be real nice if ya could tell the difference between Springsteen and Hanoi Jane. But since this is a free country, you can just go right on ahead and have it your way. No skin off my nose, bro.
Again with the Talk radio? And right back to the "blood money"-Blah, Blah, Blah,
Or maybe I should say " Bahhhh, Bahhh" Make some more points......
(and ya might wanna look up the word "debate", yes- I won)
But you can have the last word-