Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Health & Wellness

Notices

Old 07-10-2007, 11:22 PM   #1
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
Any work out kings and queens out there?

I was just wondering who exercises regularly? How often (or not) and what all do you do? Tbelle you most likely will blow us all away on this one.

Jennifer Aniston
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 11:26 PM   #2
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
Guess I will start...I walk three miles a day at a brisk pace. I know I need to be doing more. Someone please motivate me with a great success story!

Jennifer Aniston
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 10:11 AM   #3
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 264 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
I don't know if this will motivate you or not Pokie, but here goes:

Over the last year I have lost about 35-40 lbs. The way I did it was:

1) No bread, sugar, or junk food. Now I do have my days where I lose it and just scarf it down. But I have cut it WAYYYYY back.

2) Little to no fried foods.

3) Very small portions of food. I cut the portions way back even though I never ate large portions, I still cut in half what I was normally eating. I almost always share an entree with someone when eating out.

4) Lots and lots of water. No soft drinks unless I have a headache. Coke was my enemy, not my friend.

5) Most importantly, KEITH MEADOWS, my trainer. I haven't lost a lot of weight in the last couple of months but good gosh I haven't lost inches. I weight train with him three days a week. The weight training is what I really contribute to the biggest part of my transformation. My legs haven't looked this good in years. Keith stays on top of what I am eating ( I hate him for it) and pushes me like I can't push myself.

I think Keith would say to you that you are going to have to really change up what you are doing. YOu are going to have to push your cardio to another level as in RUN! I ran in my pasture and yard this morning for 30 minutes. Hated it, but knew I had to do it. Then you are going to have to increase your protein and take your carbs way down. Find a way to weight train even if it's on your back porch. Some is better than none. Also, doing sit ups on an incline bench (make your husband build you one or buy one!) is a big help to the mid section.

Those are the things that came to mind first. I hope this helps. The trainer is great and I highly recommend it. I know there is a lady in Golden Meadows that my aunt used when she was getting ready for her wedding. She got great results there. I could get that name for you. Good luck!

ISAAC: If you try to wisecrack on this thread, I will open a can of whoopa## on you. Don't even go there.
Old 07-11-2007, 11:10 AM   #4
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle
I don't know if this will motivate you or not Pokie, but here goes:

Over the last year I have lost about 35-40 lbs. The way I did it was:

1) No bread, sugar, or junk food. Now I do have my days where I lose it and just scarf it down. But I have cut it WAYYYYY back.

2) Little to no fried foods.

3) Very small portions of food. I cut the portions way back even though I never ate large portions, I still cut in half what I was normally eating. I almost always share an entree with someone when eating out.

4) Lots and lots of water. No soft drinks unless I have a headache. Coke was my enemy, not my friend.

5) Most importantly, KEITH MEADOWS, my trainer. I haven't lost a lot of weight in the last couple of months but good gosh I haven't lost inches. I weight train with him three days a week. The weight training is what I really contribute to the biggest part of my transformation. My legs haven't looked this good in years. Keith stays on top of what I am eating ( I hate him for it) and pushes me like I can't push myself.

I think Keith would say to you that you are going to have to really change up what you are doing. YOu are going to have to push your cardio to another level as in RUN! I ran in my pasture and yard this morning for 30 minutes. Hated it, but knew I had to do it. Then you are going to have to increase your protein and take your carbs way down. Find a way to weight train even if it's on your back porch. Some is better than none. Also, doing sit ups on an incline bench (make your husband build you one or buy one!) is a big help to the mid section.

Those are the things that came to mind first. I hope this helps. The trainer is great and I highly recommend it. I know there is a lady in Golden Meadows that my aunt used when she was getting ready for her wedding. She got great results there. I could get that name for you. Good luck!

ISAAC: If you try to wisecrack on this thread, I will open a can of whoopa## on you. Don't even go there.

Bye, bye fountain of youth

In the beginning, God created the Heavens and the Earth and populated the Earth with broccoli, cauliflower and spinach, green and yellow and red vegetables of all kinds, so Man and Woman would live long and healthy lives.

Then using God's great gifts, Satan created Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream and Krispy Creme Donuts. And Satan said, "You want chocolate with that?" And Man said, "Yes!" and Woman said, "and as long as you're at it, add some sprinkles." And they gained 10 pounds. And Satan smiled.

And God created the healthful yogurt that Woman might keep the figure that Man found so fair. And Satan brought forth white flour from the wheat, and sugar from the cane and combined them. And Woman went from size 6 to size 14.

So God said, "Try my fresh green salad." And Satan presented Thousand-Island Dressing, buttery croutons and garlic toast on the side. And Man and Woman unfastened their belts following the repast.

God then said, "I have sent you heart healthy vegetables and olive oil in which to cook them." And Satan brought forth deep fried fish and chicken-fried steak so big it needed its own platter. And Man gained more weight and his cholesterol went through the roof.

God then created a light, fluffy white cake, named it "Angel Food Cake," and said, "It is good." Satan then created chocolate cake and named it "Devil's Food."

God then brought forth running shoes so that His children might lose those extra pounds. And Satan gave cable TV with a remote control so Man would not have to toil changing the channels. And Man and Woman laughed and cried before the flickering blue light and gained pounds.

Then God brought forth the potato, naturally low in fat and brimming with nutrition. And Satan peeled off the healthful skin and sliced the starchy center into chips and deep-fried them. And Man gained pounds.

God then gave lean beef so that Man might consume fewer calories and still satisfy his appetite. And Satan created McDonald's and its 99-cent double cheeseburger. Then said, "You want fries with that?" And Man replied, "Yes! And super size them!" And Satan said, "It is good." And Man went into cardiac arrest.

God sighed and created quadruple bypass surgery.

Then Satan created HMOs (Health Maintenance Organizations).
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Last edited by Isaac-Saxxon; 07-11-2007 at 11:37 AM.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 11:43 AM   #5
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 264 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
Hey Pokie, I'd like to volunteer to take Isaac OUT!!! You can help if you'd like. Of course we both know that he is packing a whole lot more extra than you and I combined!!!!
Old 07-11-2007, 11:49 AM   #6
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle
Hey Pokie, I'd like to volunteer to take Isaac OUT!!! You can help if you'd like. Of course we both know that he is packing a whole lot more extra than you and I combined!!!!
:
You make all the fat jokes you want work out queen It is all in vain is it not The great leveler comes to all and so does the age monster Go ahead and eat you happy meal with a super size ff Do not worry Belle I will not tell all your secrets on the board. I hope you have a great work out today
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote