Go Back   Shreveport.com > Shreveport.com Headline News > World News

Notices

Old 04-18-2007, 06:48 PM   #31
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle
you might be on to something with one of your ideas. You never know.
Well it wouldn't be the first time...err well, on second though, yes it would!
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 01:58 AM   #32
Al Swearengen
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 246 Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future
Cant help but wonder what it must be like for the killer's family. I'm sure they (the killer's fam) are appalled and filled with shame at what he's done. Assuming they've done nothin to make the guy the twisted cankersore that he was, they deserve our sympathy, and I hope they wont be harassed. But they probably will...they'll probably have to change their name and move to another state.

Cant help but wonder WHY, when these guys snap, they feel the need to senselessly take the lives of innocents who've never said a cross word to em or done em any harm. You could understand if the guy snapped and took out any bullies that had been mercilessly doggin him, at least there'd be a motive. But this just defies explanation. And of course, they almost always save the last bullet for themselves so they wont have to "face the music", deprivin the victim's families of the satisfaction of bringin him to justice.
Old 04-21-2007, 08:06 PM   #33
Sexy Sadie

Rep Power: 0 Sexy Sadie has a spectacular aura about Sexy Sadie has a spectacular aura about Sexy Sadie has a spectacular aura about
The horror those families and students have had to endure is terrible. And the repercussive waves are staggering, from students sitting by windows contemplating their risk of ever having to jump to possible gun ban legislation. But in all this tragedy, a simple step could have been taken by NBC to curb the damage done. The shooter mailed a video to NBC mid-way through the rampage. Obviously the intention of the shooter was to gain some sort of notoriety, and what did NBC do but air the pictures he sent and clips of the video. I'm not advocating censoring the media, but someone at that station should have taken responsibility and decided, at least for the sake of the family members of the victims and the shooter, not to fulfill the final wishes of a murderer. Someone should have looked beyond the juicy story and the public's "need to know," and simply turned that piece of evidence over to the authorities. If people across the nation can see that an act like that will buy them so much (in)fame(y), when and where will it end?
Sexy Sadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 08:56 PM   #34
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 264 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexy Sadie
The horror those families and students have had to endure is terrible. And the repercussive waves are staggering, from students sitting by windows contemplating their risk of ever having to jump to possible gun ban legislation. But in all this tragedy, a simple step could have been taken by NBC to curb the damage done. The shooter mailed a video to NBC mid-way through the rampage. Obviously the intention of the shooter was to gain some sort of notoriety, and what did NBC do but air the pictures he sent and clips of the video. I'm not advocating censoring the media, but someone at that station should have taken responsibility and decided, at least for the sake of the family members of the victims and the shooter, not to fulfill the final wishes of a murderer. Someone should have looked beyond the juicy story and the public's "need to know," and simply turned that piece of evidence over to the authorities. If people across the nation can see that an act like that will buy them so much (in)fame(y), when and where will it end?
Texasbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 09:53 PM   #35
Isabella
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 236 Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of
People magazine had pictures of the victims today. Seeing the faces and reading about those who were killed, makes it harder to deal with this tragedy. I feel extremely sorry for the families and the shooter's family.

Last edited by Isabella; 04-21-2007 at 10:26 PM.
Isabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 10:34 PM   #36
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
What a travesty!

I read the story today in People as well. It's just heartbreaking! The holocaust survivor professor that held the door shut while his students jumped out the windows then lost his own life was so very tragic! What a hero!
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 09:47 AM   #37
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 264 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
I must say I am impressed with the University and that they are going to award the students their degrees posthumously. It will be something to help comfort these families. I can not imagine what these parents are feeling. My heart absolutely breaks for them.
Old 04-22-2007, 12:20 PM   #38
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle
I must say I am impressed with the University and that they are going to award the students their degrees posthumously. It will be something to help comfort these families. I can not imagine what these parents are feeling. My heart absolutely breaks for them.
What good with their degree be if they are dead ? I miss the point here. Maybe good public relations but still just a show for the University.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 12:31 PM   #39
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

It is something that may make some of these parents feel better..a way to honor the student's memory. No, it wo't do them any good but if it makes the parents or anybody feel better, then it's ok.
Old 04-22-2007, 12:37 PM   #40
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 261 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
It's a kind gesture to show that the students' hard work and effort until this point would not go to waste. They worked hard all year for these degrees and now they will get them. Sure, they'll sit on a shelf not being used, but then again, so are mine.