Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Art

Notices

Old 09-23-2007, 12:43 PM   #1
SBCmetroguy

Rep Power: 0 SBCmetroguy is just really nice SBCmetroguy is just really nice SBCmetroguy is just really nice SBCmetroguy is just really nice SBCmetroguy is just really nice
Photography

Anyone else here a photographer? Professional or hobbyist, it doesn't matter. I love photography and it would be cool if someone else here shared this passion and could join me in posting their "local" photos. I love Shreveport-Bossier and it's such a photogenic place.

Here are a handful of mine of which I'm extremely fond:

Above photos copyright 2007 SBC Photo.

Anyone else have Shreveport-Bossier photos they wish to share? FYI the copyright info above is not to be rude, but it's something I always post along with my photos since I've had many of my works published without my permission in the past.
SBCmetroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 01:09 PM   #2
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 267 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
some nice photos there SBC. Thanks for posting. I enjoy photography as well, but afraid I don't have many of architecture, much less local. But there's a few groups here on the site, that do just that.

Historic Photos

Sights of Shreveport
Old 09-23-2007, 01:49 PM   #3
SBCmetroguy

Rep Power: 0 SBCmetroguy is just really nice SBCmetroguy is just really nice SBCmetroguy is just really nice SBCmetroguy is just really nice SBCmetroguy is just really nice
LateNight... thank you, I had no idea there were such groups on this site but that is awesome.
Old 09-23-2007, 05:03 PM   #4
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
Beautiful pics SBC and welcome aboard!
I especially like the second one of the lit up roses at night...gorgeous! Thanks for sharing!

Jennifer Aniston
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 07:16 PM   #5
Warlord

Rep Power: 0 Warlord is on a distinguished road Warlord is on a distinguished road
Nice stuff....I need to get back into the art.

Here are a few of mine:

Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 04:34 PM   #6
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by SBCmetroguy View Post
Anyone else here a photographer? Professional or hobbyist, it doesn't matter. I love photography and it would be cool if someone else here shared this passion and could join me in posting their "local" photos. I love Shreveport-Bossier and it's such a photogenic place.

Here are a handful of mine of which I'm extremely fond:

Above photos copyright 2007 SBC Photo.

Anyone else have Shreveport-Bossier photos they wish to share? FYI the copyright info above is not to be rude, but it's something I always post along with my photos since I've had many of my works published without my permission in the past.

metroguy, thanks for sharing. I'm more of a hobbiest but I love photography. I started a SBLive group called "Sights of Shreveport"

http://www.shreveport.com/sightsofshreveport

Please check it out and it would be great if you could join the group and post some of your photos. Your post inspires me to give it another push. I have some good photos I've been meaning to post up there.
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 12:51 AM   #7
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 258 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
I used to do landscape and architecture photography for fun, but lately my "having kids" hobby has pushed all the other ones to the back burner.

Here's one of the few I have digital, since I took it last year.

joepole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 03:39 PM   #8
SBCmetroguy

Very cool guys. Warlord, nice work! That very last image could very well be a stock photo!

Joepole... I love panoramics and that one is different. But it's a nice landscape... is that your property? I like it.
Old 10-14-2007, 07:38 PM   #9
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 258 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
It's where a friend of mine is about to start building a house out on Ellerbe.
Old 10-14-2007, 10:33 PM   #10
Morpheus
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 223 Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of
Hey, those are great pics all. I especially like the night shots.
Morpheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 06:45 AM   #11
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by joepole View Post
I used to do landscape and architecture photography for fun, but lately my "having kids" hobby has pushed all the other ones to the back burner.

Here's one of the few I have digital, since I took it last year.

Nice photo Joe. Was that shot with a digital or 35mm ?
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 08:53 AM   #12
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

That is about 5 or 6 digital shots stitched together. I didn't even have a nice camera with me that day, it was just a little Pentax point-and-shoot.
Old 10-15-2007, 06:29 PM   #13
Morpheus
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 223 Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by joepole View Post
That is about 5 or 6 digital shots stitched together. I didn't even have a nice camera with me that day, it was just a little Pentax point-and-shoot.
looks good. seamless. what photo editor?
Morpheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 06:36 PM   #14
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
When I was working at the print shop at LA Tech the word "was" you can never get better than the original. Times have changed it was 1982
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 09:30 PM   #15
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Adjusted levels and whatnot in Photoshop (probably CS or CS2 at the time) and did the stitching with PTgui.

http://www.ptgui.com/