Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 04-30-2007, 07:46 AM   #1
Santabot
Advanced Member

Send a message via AIM to Santabot
Since everybody has an "opinion"

How does everybody form an opinion? Certainly nobody would argue about something they have no idea, but perhaps they're not reading the same "facts" as you. Your entire mentality is all formed around what you're exposed to, seen in those who live in 3rd world countries don't worry about the same material objects we do and still live. It's the fact that America gives everybody this licensed persona that "You" exist and there is a real way to be unique and different. I believe, and I've read in many places on studies of the human consciousness, that most of these "thoughts" and your "life" is all there because humans can manipulate their brains to see future events and understand concepts. Even other animals can do some of these, to a limited extent.

Different people will of course be made of different sources, but just who is the ultimate source? Throw in your witty comment that it's The Bible or God and become a hypocrite all you'd like, there's no way you can lie to say that all of you, if any, follow all of the Bible's regulations every part of the day, not even on this board. But in all honesty, who would be the main source of "factual information" that we all argue about in today's society? Everybody has to have a viewpoint in order to debate these things, but what are they? Conceptual ideas that we've "learned" so that we can manipulate their meanings in our heads to construe new ideas about them.. not really based on other people's ideas or "facts" but what we need to "survive". Since the rate of mortality has gotten so low in America, all we can do is focus our survivalist instincts into society and culture, because there is no real use for the kind of thing that goes on in a 3rd world country or an undeveloped nation entirely.

If you'd like to check out more, read The Making Of A Counter Culture to learn a bit more about the technocracy and who controls our "truths" of life, they're all involved in the government because anybody knows that just like Christianity, the way to join the social club is to get in and spread the group's propaganda, and maybe your worthless life will someday have a meaning and you'll be on top.. but most likely after you are or are near death, sorry.

I was looking at some pictures of large crowds in China and realizing how worthless we really are, no matter what you want to think, of course, you are ****ing "you" and you'll never be able to forfeit that concept until you're dead and gone. As long as you're not at the top of American government or in an underground society, you don't even make a difference to many people as a whole, much less to humanity itself or in the whole scheme of things.

I don't know what to believe anymore. If we always hope to find out more information and more "facts" and hope that our older "facts" become outdated to support new ones.. where does that end? Why do we even bother continually learning if we already know that the whole process will repeat itself and we'll have to learn entirely new concepts because our old ones are destroyed. The best news stories are the ones that completely screw your head, the ones that disprove a "fact" that's been around a long time, and you have to readjust your mind to display a new fact instead of the old. I don't know.. I just had to ramble this morning... post what you want, I'll continue it later.
Old 04-30-2007, 08:02 AM   #2
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 316 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santabot
How does everybody form an opinion? Certainly nobody would argue about something they have no idea, but perhaps they're not reading the same "facts" as you. Your entire mentality is all formed around what you're exposed to, seen in those who live in 3rd world countries don't worry about the same material objects we do and still live. It's the fact that America gives everybody this licensed persona that "You" exist and there is a real way to be unique and different. I believe, and I've read in many places on studies of the human consciousness, that most of these "thoughts" and your "life" is all there because humans can manipulate their brains to see future events and understand concepts. Even other animals can do some of these, to a limited extent.

Different people will of course be made of different sources, but just who is the ultimate source? Throw in your witty comment that it's The Bible or God and become a hypocrite all you'd like, there's no way you can lie to say that all of you, if any, follow all of the Bible's regulations every part of the day, not even on this board. But in all honesty, who would be the main source of "factual information" that we all argue about in today's society? Everybody has to have a viewpoint in order to debate these things, but what are they? Conceptual ideas that we've "learned" so that we can manipulate their meanings in our heads to construe new ideas about them.. not really based on other people's ideas or "facts" but what we need to "survive". Since the rate of mortality has gotten so low in America, all we can do is focus our survivalist instincts into society and culture, because there is no real use for the kind of thing that goes on in a 3rd world country or an undeveloped nation entirely.

If you'd like to check out more, read The Making Of A Counter Culture to learn a bit more about the technocracy and who controls our "truths" of life, they're all involved in the government because anybody knows that just like Christianity, the way to join the social club is to get in and spread the group's propaganda, and maybe your worthless life will someday have a meaning and you'll be on top.. but most likely after you are or are near death, sorry.

I was looking at some pictures of large crowds in China and realizing how worthless we really are, no matter what you want to think, of course, you are ****ing "you" and you'll never be able to forfeit that concept until you're dead and gone. As long as you're not at the top of American government or in an underground society, you don't even make a difference to many people as a whole, much less to humanity itself or in the whole scheme of things.

I don't know what to believe anymore. If we always hope to find out more information and more "facts" and hope that our older "facts" become outdated to support new ones.. where does that end? Why do we even bother continually learning if we already know that the whole process will repeat itself and we'll have to learn entirely new concepts because our old ones are destroyed. The best news stories are the ones that completely screw your head, the ones that disprove a "fact" that's been around a long time, and you have to readjust your mind to display a new fact instead of the old. I don't know.. I just had to ramble this morning... post what you want, I'll continue it later.
Just what is real ? What your mind tells you is real ? Christians choose to believe the Bible and no one can be perfect but to try to do what is right is to try to better ones self. Christianity is not a religion but a reality for most of America and that is freedom of choice. Funny how the nonbelievers can not let Christians be free to believe what they want. You are free to believe what it is you would like to believe and that is OK. The communistic atheistic
agenda is to hate Christians with out saying what it is they believe in. This is your choice and right to do.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 08:24 AM   #3
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
Santa, I don't know if you plan to have children in the future, but your entire outlook on life changes when you do and I believe for the better. Life becomes more meaningful and then all new worries begin. How do I shape this innocent creature into a productive, successful human being, what can I do/sacrifice to help them become just happy in life? You may think this doesn't sound like much fun. I can tell you children are the best things for helping you to see and understand the world in a whole new light and in the process you become a more caring and evolved person.A good thought to remember when you are "hating" on your parents and think they are "hating" on you...most likely not the case!
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 09:03 AM   #4
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 267 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Quote:
As long as you're not at the top of American government or in an underground society, you don't even make a difference to many people as a whole, much less to humanity itself or in the whole scheme of things.
no matter your lot in life. no matter your status. The way you act, the way you treat people, the way you are.. effects the people around you.

Certainly there are those of us, who will do more, accomplish more, and possibly effect many more than some.

What goes around comes around.
LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 04:17 PM   #5
Santabot
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
Just what is real ? What your mind tells you is real ? Christians choose to believe the Bible and no one can be perfect but to try to do what is right is to try to better ones self. Christianity is not a religion but a reality for most of America and that is freedom of choice. Funny how the nonbelievers can not let Christians be free to believe what they want. You are free to believe what it is you would like to believe and that is OK. The communistic atheistic
agenda is to hate Christians with out saying what it is they believe in. This is your choice and right to do.
Dude, nobody has bashed Christianity here, just Christians. Christians are not perfect, and most of them don't even abide by half of the laws.. why even try to be one if you can't even be consciously aware of your actions and make a difference? Christians take up 85% of America, they have the majority rule to believe whatever they want whether others want them to or not, it's in the constitution, but that also protects others, who make up their own beliefs (which is my point.. where do you start? there was a time before the bible and even written language.. people still had to form opinions and justify certain things with facts).
Old 04-30-2007, 04:24 PM   #6
Santabot
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocahontas
Santa, I don't know if you plan to have children in the future, but your entire outlook on life changes when you do and I believe for the better. Life becomes more meaningful and then all new worries begin. How do I shape this innocent creature into a productive, successful human being, what can I do/sacrifice to help them become just happy in life? You may think this doesn't sound like much fun. I can tell you children are the best things for helping you to see and understand the world in a whole new light and in the process you become a more caring and evolved person.A good thought to remember when you are "hating" on your parents and think they are "hating" on you...most likely not the case!
I know, we were all children at one point, which is why I don't respect adults before they deserve it because.. adults are just kids that have been around longer. Age means nothing but either repetition of ignorant acts or the path of success through downfall has gone forward. Lots of kids didn't even make it to adulthood, and those who have gone past adulthood are elderly or dead, but they still were kids and while they were kids their opinion was no less meaningful than afterwards.

I did plan on having kids, either one or two, but I'm seriously reconsidering that, it's been something I've thought about for the past few weeks actually. I don't really think it's a necessity for me to worry myself with all of that. I don't like restricting human beings, and bringing another into this world is something that would certainly restrict their ability to do so. I would like to think that (maybe Christians can make a different sense of it) there is an oversoul, and even if you choose not to have that child, either someone else will or their soul will be there anyway. I would rather them be free without this world. "Existence is suffering". Transcendental beliefs raise up the younglings of society because they are closer to the innocent and untouched oversoul.

I don't hate my parents or believe they hate me.. in fact.. you really can't even know somebody.. the case is same with everyone, I bet you don't say .001% of the things you ever think of in your life, but the few things you do, we associate with that person's physical body. I don't believe this is a just way to handle generalizing a person's character by doing so, I don't really even know anybody really, and I don't think anybody else knows me. I would rather indulge in that privacy, something that America has slowly taken away; lack of privacy for increased security. I would rather be privately living for 20 years than "securely" maintained for hundreds.
Old 04-30-2007, 04:25 PM   #7
Santabot
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateNight
no matter your lot in life. no matter your status. The way you act, the way you treat people, the way you are.. effects the people around you.

Certainly there are those of us, who will do more, accomplish more, and possibly effect many more than some.

What goes around comes around.
But accomplishing goals, affecting people's lives.. what does it all mean? Those people that you help, they die too, and so do their ancestors, and eventually there has to be an end to the cycle. It's exponentially decreasing your effect on society and the human outlook, because we increasingly look for new information and new facts to support new ideas.. where we kick out those who have even been great figures of society because their ideas were "right" at the time but are no longer such.

I don't know. Just pondering.
Old 04-30-2007, 04:50 PM   #8
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 267 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Quote:
But accomplishing goals, affecting people's lives.. what does it all mean? Those people that you help, they die too, and so do their ancestors, and eventually there has to be an end to the cycle. It's exponentially decreasing your effect on society and the human outlook, because we increasingly look for new information and new facts to support new ideas.. where we kick out those who have even been great figures of society because their ideas were "right" at the time but are no longer such.

I don't know. Just pondering.
<Sarcasm>All good questions for any dope taking teen to ask. </Sarcasm>

Bottom line, in the grand scheme of things, it's all meaningless.
Especially for those without any religious beliefs. You are to return to the ground, dust to dust and all that. And depending on what you have done with your life, you will be forgotten shortly after you die, and if you're lucky, maybe it will take a little longer to forget you.
LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 05:15 PM   #9
Santabot
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateNight
<Sarcasm>All good questions for any dope taking teen to ask. </Sarcasm>

Bottom line, in the grand scheme of things, it's all meaningless.
Especially for those without any religious beliefs. You are to return to the ground, dust to dust and all that. And depending on what you have done with your life, you will be forgotten shortly after you die, and if you're lucky, maybe it will take a little longer to forget you.
I don't agree. Those with religious beliefs don't appreciate their lives as much as those who recognize their mortality. Religion only restricts where creativity could reign. I think the best decision of my life so far (belief-wise) was becoming and Atheist and open about it, I had been questioning my faith a while before.. but testing for a couple days/weeks without thinking about religion relieved me of so much of a burden, allowed me to not feel guilty about seeking truths my religion would not like me to find. I'm not saying religion isn't a good thing, it can be very beneficial for specific reasons, but to state fact is, I think, delusional. As I said, there really is no ultimate truth, because if it were, we'd have no more questions to ask.

I'm a lot less militant than some about combating religion, I don't do that. I just support finding yourself in your own beliefs and exploring where others would not have you go. The only way to know is to look, nobody's going to bring you answers, and if they do, they shouldn't be trusted.

This is just a "thinking out loud" post open for comments, I'm not saying anything against anybody or their religion. I'd rather that right/wrong debate crap not be here, but it really is for some of us who have to have facts to support what we claim, whereas some religious-types can simply say they're a Christian or other belief and everybody knows their ruleset.
Old 04-30-2007, 05:32 PM   #10
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
But accomplishing goals, affecting people's lives.. what does it all mean? Those people that you help, they die too, and so do their ancestors, and eventually there has to be an end to the cycle.
What does it all mean? Do you believe in eternal life after death? If you do, then those people you help will remember it forever, right? The same goes for those you screw over. They will remember you forever too. That is the meaning of it all - helping, loving, and sharing with one another... (or not)

Now true, if there is no life after death, then maybe there wouldn't be as much meaning to living flesh. If that is what you believe, then why wake up in the morning? Why study to become a doctor, because 100% of your patients are going to die someday anyway. Why not just shoot yourself and get it over with quick rather than work hard and struggle in life? Because life is precious and it does have meaning.

Perhaps this is another way to put it. In my daily life if I have the chance, I hold the door open for someone entering right after me. Why? Because it feels good to do something nice for somebody, even if it is just a very small jesture. Now imagine the feeling of doing something big like actually saving a life. If you can't, then it is time to start holding the door open for others.
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 05:39 PM   #11
Santabot
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhertz
What does it all mean? Do you believe in eternal life after death? If you do, then those people you help will remember it forever, right? The same goes for those you screw over. They will remember you forever too. That is the meaning of it all - helping, loving, and sharing with one another... (or not)

Now true, if there is no life after death, then maybe there wouldn't be as much meaning to living flesh. If that is what you believe, then why wake up in the morning? Why study to become a doctor, because 100% of your patients are going to die someday anyway. Why not just shoot yourself and get it over with quick rather than work hard and struggle in life? Because life is precious and it does have meaning.

Perhaps this is another way to put it. In my daily life if I have the chance, I hold the door open for someone entering right after me. Why? Because it feels good to do something nice for somebody, even if it is just a very small jesture. Now imagine the feeling of doing something big like actually saving a life. If you can't, then it is time to start holding the door open for others.
I do do that, I am kind and helpful to people because it is immediately gratifying to receive help, just like when you like to be treated by things. I'm a bit of a hedonist, but I have to let go more of my moral and social obligations and expectations from other people. It's getting close to the time where I get to make all of the decisions I want, and I'm ahead of a lot by pondering all of the choices and their possible outcomes. It's all a worry though, I really need to reread The Power of Now, it puts you into a great place mentally, it's like the morning after you wake up from rolling X, I like it.

EDIT: also, believing in an afterlife is not the same as a reality that it exists. That's about as ignorant a comparison as saying "If I don't believe in germs, but if lick the bottom of this scummy toilet seat, nothing will happen to me". The result? Well.. you'll probably get sick, either immediately or eventually.

I don't think there's a single person that can tell anyone else how death is, because.. they're dead. And if they've come back to life by some strange medical means, they're still not dead, because if they had a memory of the events taking place, they weren't brain dead, or they're bull****ting it.

Jesus is not an accurate historical figure for current use, either, it's about the same as saying Gilgamesh speaks all truths and anything he said will happen, or Mohammad or Buddha, etc.
Old 04-30-2007, 05:49 PM   #12
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 316 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Quote:
Dude, nobody has bashed Christianity here, just Christians. Christians are not perfect, and most of them don't even abide by half of the laws.. why even try to be one if you can't even be consciously aware of your actions and make a difference? Christians take up 85% of America, they have the majority rule to believe whatever they want whether others want them to or not, it's in the constitution, but that also protects others, who make up their own beliefs (which is my point.. where do you start? there was a time before the bible and even written language.. people still had to form opinions and justify certain things with facts).
Santabot you need to do some more reading and you will find out there is another who HATES Christians with a passion. You are still coming out of the gate and have the mind and body of bullet proof. That Sir will wear off with time if time affords you the chance. I think you have the right as a American to choose what you believe and I have the right to believe what it is I choose. When I use the word Socialism that is not a religion it is a way of making men slaves to the government. Taking God out of everything we do in my opinion has cause moral decline. We do not have to look far to see how it has shown up in our youth of today You go on opening those doors in your mind and you will think you are so wise only to find out those same doors let the devil in and at some point you cant get him to leave. It is all about choice and freedom right young man. I will make up my mind and you make yours after all you are a adult now
Old 04-30-2007, 05:53 PM   #13
Santabot
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
Santabot you need to do some more reading and you will find out there is another who HATES Christians with a passion. You are still coming out of the gate and have the mind and body of bullet proof. That Sir will wear off with time if time affords you the chance. I think you have the right as a American to choose what you believe and I have the right to believe what it is I choose. When I use the word Socialism that is not a religion it is a way of making men slaves to the government. Taking God out of everything we do in my opinion has cause moral decline. We do not have to look far to see how it has shown up in our youth of today You go on opening those doors in your mind and you will think you are so wise only to find out those same doors let the devil in and at some point you cant get him to leave. It is all about choice and freedom right young man. I will make up my mind and you make yours after all you are a adult now
Where did I advocate socialism? By the way, if you're not familiar with what it is, look at America. That's so socialism. Google it for further definition.

I have the right to believe what I wish also, but why is it that I'm only allowed this "freedom" because I live in America? Why don't other humans get the same rights? Because war mongering fools like Americans with imperialist hungers want power and control.

"The devil". I laugh. Maybe if people had the ability to have self control and stability and security in their own views, there wouldn't be a need for religion. If you want to know why I reject your God, explain to me why you reject all others? We are all atheists here.
Old 04-30-2007, 06:01 PM   #14
Al Swearengen
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 246 Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future
Quote:
"If I don't believe in germs, but if lick the bottom of this scummy toilet seat, nothing will happen to me". The result? Well.. you'll probably get sick, either immediately or eventually.
Liiiiiicking seats as a past-time activity...the toxicity of our city, of our ciiiiiity
Old 04-30-2007, 06:01 PM   #15
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Where did I advocate socialism? By the way, if you're not familiar with what it is, look at America. That's so socialism. Google it for further definition.

I have the right to believe what I wish also, but why is it that I'm only allowed this "freedom" because I live in America? Why don't other humans get the same rights? Because war mongering fools like Americans with imperialist hungers want power and control.

"The devil". I laugh. Maybe if people had the ability to have self control and stability and security in their own views, there wouldn't be a need for religion. If you want to know why I reject your God, explain to me why you reject all others? We are all atheists here.
Laugh now grasshopper Try going to China for a while and speaking out like you can on this board and you would be in jail or dead. That is why I say in America and other countries too but much of the world Arabs, Russia, China I could go on will cut your tongue out. I can see a trip to the third world would do you some good. I would say you should buy tickets as soon as you can and take a long trip. Your Anti American crap is just that and you like it or leave it.