Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Entertainment

Notices

Old 10-28-2007, 12:21 AM   #1
purpahurl
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 222 purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold
XM Radio

Does anyone out there have access to this? This is the best thing to happen to radio in forever. I personaly have been listening since it came out. Recently I let my account lapse and decided not to renew. Never again. Shreveport radio sucks! Except for KEEL from 9:00-after Hannity forget it. XM plays stuff I forgot I even knew. If you have DirictTV it's on there too. I hate commercials and the morning drive local stations are nothing but talking and listining to the DJ's laugh--BS. Nothing but muisc on XM. Also they play more than the same 20 songs in a row. Check it out.
purpahurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 10:06 AM   #2
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 267 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by purpahurl View Post
Does anyone out there have access to this? This is the best thing to happen to radio in forever. I personaly have been listening since it came out. Recently I let my account lapse and decided not to renew. Never again. Shreveport radio sucks! Except for KEEL from 9:00-after Hannity forget it. XM plays stuff I forgot I even knew. If you have DirictTV it's on there too. I hate commercials and the morning drive local stations are nothing but talking and listining to the DJ's laugh--BS. Nothing but muisc on XM. Also they play more than the same 20 songs in a row. Check it out.
Can I get an AMEN? preachin' to the choir reverend. I've been saying this about local radio for years.. nothin' but talk, talk, talk talk 'till you lose your patience. Hey-Ho Rock N' Roll, deliver me from nowhere.

LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 12:23 PM   #3
Morpheus
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 223 Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of
Personally I like Sirius's programming better. Seems like I am always switching channels on XM. Sirius is included on Dish Network, but I have XM in the cars.
Morpheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 07:42 PM   #4
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 264 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
I have Sirius in my car and on our satellite. I love it! I only listen to 89.1 on the local stations and nothing else.
Old 10-28-2007, 08:32 PM   #5
vixweb
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 219 vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of
I have XM on my directv and I love it! Sirius bought XM a few months ago, so I bet they will come together eventually. Clearchannel has destroyed local radio- If I ever won the lottery, you can bet I'd buy a new station and "keep it real"
vixweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 08:45 PM   #6
purpahurl
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 222 purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold
Deep Tracks kicks butt at times. They will run live concerts of the good stuff, and also play what used to be called Album rock, not 2 min. BS but real kick ass guitar palying music.
Old 10-29-2007, 09:46 AM   #7
Morpheus
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 223 Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Deep Tracks kicks butt at times. They will run live concerts of the good stuff, and also play what used to be called Album rock, not 2 min. BS but real kick ass guitar palying music.
I'll have to give deep tracks a try. Top tracks is okay for classic rock too, but with lots of duds thrown in to keep you searching for a new station.
Old 11-02-2007, 08:30 PM   #8
purpahurl
Advanced Member

All right, I'm drinking wine and listening to XM outside at home and I've decided ain't $h!t worth trying to play on the guitar since the70's or maybe erly 80's. Any guitar players out there? New music sucks. The good stuff has been done. If no body posts to this about guitar playing I'll start a new thread. If there is anyone out there that can jam we can make some money!!!
Old 11-03-2007, 10:25 AM   #9
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 267 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Quote:
All right, I'm drinking wine and listening to XM outside at home and I've decided ain't $h!t worth trying to play on the guitar since the70's or maybe erly 80's. Any guitar players out there? New music sucks. The good stuff has been done. If no body posts to this about guitar playing I'll start a new thread. If there is anyone out there that can jam we can make some money!!!
I play just well enough to keep myself entertained.. get me drunk enough, I'll perform live, as I did recently at a party.. apparently to rave reviews problem is, too much to drink, I can't play worth a flip and I forget lyrics and such... LOL

I would argue that there's PLENTY of good music out there. the problem is trying to find it, with what passes for radio out there.. Lot's of good struggling musicians out there just never get that big break.. not the next new YOUNG HOT thing that'll get that marketing push by the big record companies. that's my .02 anyway
LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 10:53 PM   #10
Morpheus
Advanced Member

I'm just learning, but I think you're right. Whenever we try to come up with new songs to learn, it's always old stuff. Just finished learning "black bird" by the
Beatles. It's a fun song to play. We've also done Pink Floyd, Neil Young, the Eagles, Kansas, Fleetwood Mac, Cream, Clapton, etc. I think the most modern stuff I've done has been from RHCP.