Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Food & Dining

Notices

Old 10-23-2007, 08:58 PM   #16
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 260 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
You're gonna love this, Pie! I went to the McDonald's on Airline Dr this afternoon for lunch because I left work early and it was on the way home. I made a rather simple order. And, of course, I had to send it back because they got it wrong. I seriously have never seen these guys get the order right.
Old 10-23-2007, 09:13 PM   #17
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
You know McDonald's is such a billion dollar empire it sounds like they just really don't give a rat's a$$ about their customers. They know people will continue to eat there because it's fast and inexpensive. For example even Pie still eats there after all she's been through at more than one location. People just keep on coming back regardless.

Jennifer Aniston
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 09:17 PM   #18
piemaker720
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 248 piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocahontas View Post
You know McDonald's is such a billion dollar empire it sounds like they just really don't give a rat's a$$ about their customers. They know people will continue to eat there because it's fast and inexpensive. For example even Pie still eats there after all she's been through at more than one location. People just keep on coming back regardless.
Yes that is true but I'll say one thing I don't care for their food. I go with my daughter sometimes when she takes the grandkids but if it wasn't for them I would not go in there. Their food taste like crap.
Old 10-23-2007, 09:20 PM   #19
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
I'll agree with that!!! I only ate there in a hurry when the girls were little and of course they did enjoy the happy meals. We don't eat there at all anymore any of us! It's really pretty disgusting if you ask me!

Jennifer Aniston
Old 10-23-2007, 09:24 PM   #20
piemaker720
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 248 piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
I'll agree with that!!! I only ate there in a hurry when the girls were little and of course they did enjoy the happy meals. We don't eat there at all anymore any of us! It's really pretty disgusting if you ask me!

That's the reason they put the playgrounds in so the kids will bug the parents to go there.
Old 10-23-2007, 09:31 PM   #21
piemaker720
SBLive! Veteran

I did try a place called Strawn's Eat Shop Too on Airline. First time there. But was impressed, it was very crowded. I had some of the best chicken & dumplings with green lima beans, salad, cornbread and iced tea. Very good, I'd give it a 8.
Old 10-24-2007, 10:28 AM   #22
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 258 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
I eat at the Youree/70th Strawn's every Saturday. Fried chicken lunch, yum.
joepole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 11:06 AM   #23
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by joepole View Post
I eat at the Youree/70th Strawn's every Saturday. Fried chicken lunch, yum.
For 30+ years I get a cheeseburger and hash browns and strawberry pie. Not cheap but very good. For plate lunches I used to go to Southfield Grill near the corner of Pierremont and Youree. Haven't been in about 6 months. Is it still good?
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 06:47 PM   #24
vixweb
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 219 vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of
There's a new place in bossier, across from shady grove, near subway and taco bell- Its called" Gumbo to geaux". Great po-boys; catfish, shrimp,oyster,crawfish...the 10oz sirloin burger is good too! I had the chili yesterday and it was excellent. The owner was the chef at KonTiki for years and dated my sister in high school. He's a local guy trying to make a go of it- I love it!
vixweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 09:08 PM   #25
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

South Bossier needs some new places! That's good to know Vix! I'll have to check it out! Rumor has it that in that new business mall that's going in behind Madison Pl. neighborhood there's going to be a Counter Culture. I hope that is true! I love Counter Culture sandwiches and of course the famous Humphrey Yogart!! YUM!

Jennifer Aniston
Old 10-24-2007, 11:04 PM   #26
vixweb
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 219 vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of
Quote:
South Bossier needs some new places! That's good to know Vix! I'll have to check it out! Rumor has it that in that new business mall that's going in behind Madison Pl. neighborhood there's going to be a Counter Culture. I hope that is true! I love Counter Culture sandwiches and of course the famous Humphrey Yogart!! YUM!
Yes, That yogurt is gonna be alot better for me than all that SONIC ice cream I eat!
vixweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 08:57 AM   #27
piemaker720
SBLive! Veteran

Thumbs down Papa John's

Don't order from Papa John's on Airline. We had pizza delivered 3 times, each time they had to take one pizza back and remake it. We don't call them anymore. I even tried to call the area supervisor and he would not return our call.
Old 01-02-2008, 10:21 AM   #28
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 258 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
Did you try to order it with no crust or some other weird way?
joepole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 12:49 PM   #29
piemaker720
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by joepole View Post
Did you try to order it with no crust or some other weird way?
Nope one pepperoni and one with bacon, onions, bell pepper. That's it
Old 01-02-2008, 04:10 PM   #30
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Here's a funny one for ya Pie!

Man banned from buffet

"She says, 'Y'all fat, and y'all eat too much,'"

In my humble opinion serving anything "unlimited" is probably a bad idea and should at least contain enough fine print to baffle a good attorney.
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote