Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 11-07-2006, 10:47 PM   #1
Rough Rider
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 218 Rough Rider has a spectacular aura about Rough Rider has a spectacular aura about Rough Rider has a spectacular aura about
What's the difference between SBLive! and Shreveport

Answer.. SBLive voted for Jones and Shreveport voted for Glover for Shreveport Mayor.. there ya have it. I must admit to being just a bit surprised by the outcome today.
Rough Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 10:26 PM   #2
geodood
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 222 geodood has a spectacular aura about geodood has a spectacular aura about
Well, 18 votes is probably not a large enough "sample" to make an accurate poll. I wish that number was a couple hundred voters. Perhaps then the poll would have been more representative of real results.

But I was surprised, mainly with the federal elections. Imagine electing a majority party without any plan other than to hate the other guy's plan. If I am mistaken, then I apologize. Please inform me what is the democrats plan for Iraq? I have no idea what it is, or will be.
geodood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 11:20 PM   #3
Isabella
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 236 Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of
geodood, it is scary electing Democrats without a plan and Glover as mayor.
Old 11-08-2006, 11:36 PM   #4
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabella
geodood, it is scary electing Democrats without a plan and Glover as mayor.
Isabella, when it comes to local government, I am flexible because the mayor has a small "footprint" and local press and local citizens pretty much keep watch. But when it comes to federal government, who is watching and reporting the facts? fox? cnn? If the democrats won the house only, I could handle that. But loosing both house and senate is a bit much.

and who is Robert (Bob) Gates? I know he ran the CIA for a while but his is smart enough to out perform Rumsfeld? What will he do differently?
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 08:51 AM   #5
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 258 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
The difference

What's the difference between SBLive! and Shreveport?

Most of us have jobs and at the minimum language skills required to own and operate computers, something that would pout us in the top 10th percentile of Glover's base.
joepole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 09:17 AM   #6
Rough Rider
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 218 Rough Rider has a spectacular aura about Rough Rider has a spectacular aura about Rough Rider has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by geodood
But I was surprised, mainly with the federal elections. Imagine electing a majority party without any plan other than to hate the other guy's plan. If I am mistaken, then I apologize. Please inform me what is the democrats plan for Iraq? I have no idea what it is, or will be.
with the democrats over all win the other night. I would say that possibly it was more a vote against Bush, rather than a vote for democrats. Makes me wish we had more than 2 choices.
Old 11-09-2006, 09:24 AM   #7
Rough Rider
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhertz
and who is Robert (Bob) Gates? I know he ran the CIA for a while but his is smart enough to out perform Rumsfeld? What will he do differently?
Well didn't Bush senior run the CIA at some point ? I'd say that post has to be worth something.. The thing about Rumsfeld... after 9/11 when we went into Afganistan, I remember watching his press conferences and the like, I really liked Rumsfeld. He was just unfortunate enough to get stuck with this Iraq war hanging around his neck for all these years.. and as a result of the elections the other night and in the 'name of change' he got the axe.. or resigned however you want to view it.

I will wish this new guy all the luck, and hope he finds a good enough solution to get our troops out of Iraq in a timely manner, and I also hope with a good result. I do feel however, there are no good end games as far as Iraq is concerned. One reason why the first Bush NEVER went into Iraq.
Old 11-09-2006, 09:25 AM   #8
Rough Rider
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joepole
What's the difference between SBLive! and Shreveport?

Most of us have jobs and at the minimum language skills required to own and operate computers, something that would pout us in the top 10th percentile of Glover's base.
LOL ... LMAO!! you may have hit that one right on the head !
Old 11-09-2006, 09:47 PM   #9
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rough Rider
One reason why the first Bush NEVER went into Iraq.
In my opinion, this one statement is a mouthful. I think the first gulf war is related to the second. Its almost freaky. Ok, get this. George version 1 is the Commander and Chief of the first gulf war. Then Sadaam put out a hit on ole George that failed. Then George version 2 is elected President. George version 2 is the Commander and Chief of the second gulf war. What is the chance of that? Please explain?
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 07:51 AM   #10
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
To tear down

To tear down is what the Democrats do, not build up. They work us from within and the terrorist work us from afar. We now have clebs and the media dictating to us who will be in office. Appeasement will not make these terrorist happy EVER ! Now we have the bleeding hearts running our country while we are under attack. Voting against Bush with no plan in hand has now more than ever made out great country weak in the eyes of our enemies. Over the last 6000 years many different peoples have tried to dominate our planet and all have failed. Is there a political solution ??? Yes there is and it
is called the second Advent of Christ. Greedy, childish politicians that run our country will help to bring this to pass. When ? No man knows the day or time.
God will bless America but we must pass thru this valley of political failure to
get to the other side.
Isaac
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote