Go Back   Shreveport.com > Shreveport.com Headline News > World News

Notices

Old 02-27-2007, 07:41 AM   #1
sbl_admin
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to sbl_admin
Post Is Christianity In Trouble?

Cameron (acting as producer), biblical film documentarian Simcha Jacobovici and a handful of their expert consultants were at the Library to publicize Jacobovici's The Jesus Family Tomb, which will run this Sunday on the Discovery Channel, and a HarperSanfrancisco book of the same name.
sbl_admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 08:57 AM   #2
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Thumbs up Christianity is not in trouble !

The people that "try" and tear It down are in trouble and just don't know it yet. This is just another sign of the times we live in. I do not think there is even close to enough evidence to make a case here. I will watch the show and that is what the producer wants. For those of you who care Mark Chapter 13 would be a good read and I will not go on about this because it is all written that these things should come to pass before the second advent.
Isaac
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 09:43 AM   #3
Rough Rider
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 218 Rough Rider has a spectacular aura about Rough Rider has a spectacular aura about Rough Rider has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
This is just another sign of the times we live in. I do not think there is even close to enough evidence to make a case here.
What's evidence got to do with it ? As you say, a "sign of the times" anybody will put on a show, regardless of taste, or quality, anything to make a buck.
And they keep airing them, because people keep watching them.

I used to find myself asking why does the quality of T.V. suck so bad. But then I realized, they keep playing what everyone keeps watching.

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.
--Sir Winston Churchill
Rough Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 10:30 AM   #4
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
TV does suck and the people will just keep watching it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rough Rider
What's evidence got to do with it ? As you say, a "sign of the times" anybody will put on a show, regardless of taste, or quality, anything to make a buck.
And they keep airing them, because people keep watching them.

I used to find myself asking why does the quality of T.V. suck so bad. But then I realized, they keep playing what everyone keeps watching.
There are so many channels and they have to fill them with something. Trash for the most part and your right that evidence does not matter but the fact that the media is in a full frontal attack on Christians. Me and my wife in the last year quit watching TV each day after work and listen to music and catch the news via the web and that does not take long. I do not look for it to get better as the one world order comes to fruit.
Isaac
Old 03-05-2007, 07:42 AM   #5
sbl_admin
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to sbl_admin
Post Updated News Story

A new story has been added to the "Read More" section of this topic, as follows

Shreveport Times -- Mar 5 2007 7:42 AM
Documentary raises questions but doesn't test Christians' faith
sbl_admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 09:45 AM   #6
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 260 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
I've seen a lot of documentaries; some favor the Bible and some don't. I think documentaries just help us to form our own opinions and too many people them as absolute proven truth.
AnimeSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 10:49 AM   #7
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Luke warm is no place to be

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeSpirit
I've seen a lot of documentaries; some favor the Bible and some don't. I think documentaries just help us to form our own opinions and too many people them as absolute proven truth.
Anime I thought you did not post to threads with religion involved Hot or cold is always better than Luke warm. I had read that this show was not going to be run but this column with this thread implies that it did run. There are quite a few people on this planet that are very unhappy with this show I have not seen it but from what I have read there are a bunch of flaws in this guys theory.
Isaac
Old 03-05-2007, 11:18 AM   #8
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 258 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
Christianity, like every religion ever invented, will eventually fall out of fashion and be forgotten.
joepole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 11:40 AM   #9
BrainSmashR
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to BrainSmashR Send a message via AIM to BrainSmashR Send a message via MSN to BrainSmashR Send a message via Yahoo to BrainSmashR
The only difference between religion and mythology is the number of current believers.
BrainSmashR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 05:44 AM   #10
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

It has fallen out of fashion for many

Quote:
Originally Posted by joepole
Christianity, like every religion ever invented, will eventually fall out of fashion and be forgotten.
Eventually those that do not like Christianity will too fall out of fashion and out of site too and yes be forgotten. Don't worry Dee there is still time at your age to have a change of heart and I hope you do. Now as far as Dumber goes that will be a large hurdle to jump but even he still has time as long as he is still clinging to his clay shell. I think it would be the Christian thing to do to pray for you two and best wishes for you both. There is a millennium coming and school will be in session so bring you Book !
Isaac
Old 03-06-2007, 06:15 AM   #11
BrainSmashR
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to BrainSmashR Send a message via AIM to BrainSmashR Send a message via MSN to BrainSmashR Send a message via Yahoo to BrainSmashR
The funny part is you think you're going to be saved by a being who had his own child sacrificed...as if you are more important than Jesus Christ.
Old 03-06-2007, 07:02 AM   #12
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Talking May be funny to you now

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainSmashR
The funny part is you think you're going to be saved by a being who had his own child sacrificed...as if you are more important than Jesus Christ.
I never said I was more important than Jesus Christ or God the Eternal One but I am very happy that Christ thought enough of me and all men to be willing to go the cross to open the door to salvation and it is up to the individual to walk thru the door. I think you might call that "Choice" you are pro choice are you not ? You have that choice just as all people do. I choose to walk in the light as best as a mortal man can. That IS my choice. I see you have read the Bible or someone told you what the Bible is about that is a start. You will not be able to bait me into hate and the dark side I am a child of the day and you sir I pray you too will find the light but that is as far as I can go to help you the rest is your "Choice" ! I came to two roads and I picked the one less traveled. Funny how the critics of the Bible for the most part never picked it up and read IT. Goats to the left and sheep to the right. Tares to the left and wheat to the right. I hope you have a great day I know I will.
Isaac
Old 03-06-2007, 07:17 AM   #13
BrainSmashR
Banned

As I recall, Christ was sent here to be crucified, he didn't volunteer.

That's not a choice....

No one is out to change your beliefs, only to show you the absurdity in it.

.....and don't think for one second that you know more about the Bible than I do. My beliefs stem from objective reading, not blind obedience.
Old 03-06-2007, 09:16 AM   #14
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

You choose the path most traveled

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainSmashR
As I recall, Christ was sent here to be crucified, he didn't volunteer.

That's not a choice....

No one is out to change your beliefs, only to show you the absurdity in it.

.....and don't think for one second that you know more about the Bible than I do. My beliefs stem from objective reading, not blind obedience.
FYI Christ had the choice and He did not try to cut bait and run. Peter cut the ear off one of the Roman solders and Christ healed the ear and told Peter not to fight for it was written in the Old Testament that this must come to pass. You "say" you are not out to change my beliefs you are all about tearing them down. Are you a self taught atheist ? I could use the word blind to describe you but obedieiant would not be a good description of you. I have no problem with you believing what ever it is you want after all it is your choice. I do pity you for your foolish attacks on Christians and the Bible. You say your a "confirmed Catholic" but you do not believe in Christ or the Bible ? Which side of your mouth are you talking out of today or is the noise you make coming from some other part of your body
Isaac
Old 03-06-2007, 11:42 AM   #15
BrainSmashR
Banned

Not only can't you show that Christ had a choice, you can't produce one shred of evidence to support any miracle in the Bible other than the bible itself, which as we all know, was written by man.....the single most deceptive creature this planet has ever seen.

Long story short, you have nothing more than blind faith to support your opinions....and as I stated, I'm not out to change your opinion, just to make you admit the truth.