Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 11-02-2006, 09:23 AM   #1
Rough Rider
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 219 Rough Rider has a spectacular aura about Rough Rider has a spectacular aura about Rough Rider has a spectacular aura about
Oh for cryin' out loud

'Jelly bellies' memo costs police chief his job

Quote:
Police Chief Paul Goward was tired of looking around his department and seeing blubber hanging over the belts of some of his officers. So he sent out a memo exhorting the "jelly bellies" to shape up.

In the end, the department lost 190 pounds -- all of them belonging to Goward. He was forced out as chief because some of his officers took offense at the memo.
HELLO ! HELLO anybody there ? What the heck, should he have said "would those of you who are weight challenged, PLEASE try and lose some weight" or what ?? I just don't get it.

The memo titled "Are you a Jelly Belly" did not single anyone out, nor call any one any other 'names'. The memo simply went on giving good advice as to why its better for law enforcement to be fit, and the personal satisfaction and health benefits of being fit.. WTF? Can't say freakin' anything for fear you might offend someone or something be taken the wrong way.

And more news in the whole worlds gone crazy category... and not that I'm a Donald Trump fan.. but I see where he's going to be fined for installing a flag pole and flying the U.S. Flag... at his estate in Palm Beach.

Donal Trump cited for 80-foot flag pole

Reminds me of a story a few years back, some old vet installed a proper flag pole in his front yard so he could fly Old Glory, and the home owner's association said he couldn't do that, it might offend someone ?????????????
Rough Rider is offline   Reply With Quote