Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-17-2006, 12:20 AM   #1
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 268 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Mother reports threat to sherrif when school slow to act.

Mother goes to sheriff when school doesn't move fast enough on alleged threat

Quote:
Amy Ray said her daughter was the target of threats allegedly made by another student that he was going to "pull a Columbine" inside the school near Blanchard -- an apparent reference to a shooting rampage at a Colorado school seven years ago.

Adam Dumas, a 19-year-old Northwood student, was arrested Wednesday on a charge of terrorizing. He was held at Caddo Correctional Center Friday and is awaiting arraignment.
Apparently, the threat was made to "pull a Columbine" by some student, overheard by several people. The story was reported to school officials, who claimed they didn't have enough information to act upon it. This after several people claimed over hearing it. So one of the parents of the students who overheard this, reported it to the Sheriff's office, who then made an arrest the following day.

Now, believe you me, I'm not one for people getting harassed for saying something stupid, In other words I don't like to see people over react. But in this day and age, you just don't utter the word "bomb" on a plane, and you don't talk about bringing a gun up to a school. Whether you are joking, just kidding or what ever you want to call it. And I just hope there's always enough students and or faculty with enough sense, should they over hear something like this, FREAKIN' REPORT IT, and I would hope the school would act quicker or simply report it law officials to begin with.

I for one would like to think my children are safe when they are at school.. and that's harder and harder to do these days.

now who knows, when it's all said and done, could be the "witnesses" could be making up the story, who knows, and if that's the case, then shame on them. anyways..

LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote