Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 04-30-2007, 06:06 PM   #16
Santabot
Advanced Member

Send a message via AIM to Santabot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
Laugh now grasshopper Try going to China for a while and speaking out like you can on this board and you would be in jail or dead. That is why I say in America and other countries too but much of the world Arabs, Russia, China I could go on will cut your tongue out. I can see a trip to the third world would do you some good. I would say you should buy tickets as soon as you can and take a long trip. Your Anti American crap is just that and you like it or leave it.
China?

That's why communism works.
Old 04-30-2007, 07:34 PM   #17
BrainSmashR
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to BrainSmashR Send a message via AIM to BrainSmashR Send a message via MSN to BrainSmashR Send a message via Yahoo to BrainSmashR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santabot
China?

That's why communism works.
China in 2006 stood as the second-largest economy in the world after the US, although in per capita terms the country is still lower middle-income and 130 million Chinese fall below international poverty lines.

https://www.cia.gov/cia/publications...k/geos/ch.html

Can you even imagine what the international poverty line is compared to what we in America consider poverty to be??

That's PROOF, along with the collapse of every other major communist country/government, that communism as a means of government for large societies is a near total failure.
BrainSmashR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 07:42 PM   #18
Santabot
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainSmashR
China in 2006 stood as the second-largest economy in the world after the US, although in per capita terms the country is still lower middle-income and 130 million Chinese fall below international poverty lines.

https://www.cia.gov/cia/publications...k/geos/ch.html

Can you even imagine what the international poverty line is compared to what we in America consider poverty to be??

That's PROOF, along with the collapse of every other major communist country/government, that communism as a means of government for large societies is a near total failure.
There have been communist-based utopian societies built in the United States, as well, they've all failed due to human error. Communism works on paper. Capitalism works on paper. Neither work 100% either way, and nobody here said one is greater than the other. Any "communist" attempt in history has been led by fascist regimes, they're not true communistic societies that operate on more than the same thing as a republic. They take over in "your name" and make decisions "on your behalf" and rule the country, it's the same government bull****, it's how it works.

There have been no pure communist or capitalist societies that work.. they just can't.. corruption is a human trait.

EDIT: you may also be forgetting that China is the most populous country in the world, not that I think you did, but in a system that is led by totalitarianism, not everybody gets satisfied. It's kind of hard to cram billions of people in a small area (the majority of China is mountainous, inhabitable) and make everybody rich and happy. The US is like.. what.. 1% urbanized? There's not even enough people in the entire country to fill one major Chinese city.
Old 04-30-2007, 09:03 PM   #19
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
I do do that, I am kind and helpful to people because it is immediately gratifying to receive help.
Quote:
and shout "hail satan!" to people on the side of the road, mormons are my favorite. I know, I know, I'm bad.. whatever.
Me thinks you totally missed my point... I tried.. whatever.
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 09:06 PM   #20
Santabot
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhertz
Me thinks you totally missed my point... I tried.. whatever.
I didn't say I did it often.

sorry for the fact that I'm expected to be perfect, yet when my flaws are revealed, others' become invisible
Old 04-30-2007, 11:06 PM   #21
BrainSmashR
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to BrainSmashR Send a message via AIM to BrainSmashR Send a message via MSN to BrainSmashR Send a message via Yahoo to BrainSmashR
Quote:
There have been communist-based utopian societies built in the United States, as well, they've all failed due to human error. Communism works on paper. Capitalism works on paper. Neither work 100% either way, and nobody here said one is greater than the other. Any "communist" attempt in history has been led by fascist regimes, they're not true communistic societies that operate on more than the same thing as a republic. They take over in "your name" and make decisions "on your behalf" and rule the country, it's the same government bull****, it's how it works.

There have been no pure communist or capitalist societies that work.. they just can't.. corruption is a human trait.
I don't disagree with what you've said here, but rather your comment that "communism works"
Quote:
EDIT: you may also be forgetting that China is the most populous country in the world, not that I think you did, but in a system that is led by totalitarianism, not everybody gets satisfied. It's kind of hard to cram billions of people in a small area (the majority of China is mountainous, inhabitable) and make everybody rich and happy. The US is like.. what.. 1% urbanized? There's not even enough people in the entire country to fill one major Chinese city.
And that's why Democracy and free enterprise will ALWAYS be better than Communism.

Your level of satisfaction/success in America is directly related to the amount of effort you put into it. That philosophy doesn't hold true in communist societies.....as you stated, "not everybody gets satisfied".
Old 04-30-2007, 11:11 PM   #22
Santabot
Advanced Member

Quote:
I don't disagree with what you've said here, but rather your comment that "communism works"

And that's why Democracy and free enterprise will ALWAYS be better than Communism.

Your level of satisfaction/success in America is directly related to the amount of effort you put into it. That philosophy doesn't hold true in communist societies.....as you stated, "not everybody gets satisfied".
True, mostly. But do you see how the top 1% of the country's wealthy people own 73% of the country's wealth? That's a very communist revolution-worthy situation. I'm not really that much of a communist sympathyzer, but in the realm of utopian ideals just for ****s, I'd say a pure communist system would work much better than a capitalist federal republic like ours. There are always ways to cheat the system, look at me, for example!
Old 04-30-2007, 11:17 PM   #23
BrainSmashR
Banned

Quote:
True, mostly. But do you see how the top 1% of the country's wealthy people own 73% of the country's wealth? That's a very communist revolution-worthy situation. I'm not really that much of a communist sympathyzer, but in the realm of utopian ideals just for ****s, I'd say a pure communist system would work much better than a capitalist federal republic like ours. There are always ways to cheat the system, look at me, for example!
What's revolution-worthy about being THE MOST successful, the top 1% that the country has to offer?

Has that in any way affected your earning potential or do you just think the successful should be punished because you're not one of them?
Old 04-30-2007, 11:20 PM   #24
Santabot
Advanced Member

Quote:
What's revolution-worthy about being THE MOST successful, the top 1% that the country has to offer?

Has that in any way affected your earning potential or do you just think the successful should be punished because you're not one of them?
No, but that's what communism looks for. The bourgeoisie, oh noes, they control the country and everything in it, support the proletariat, revolt! Whatever.

It makes sense, but by the time they all get around to destroying the government and society, they have nothing left to fall back on.. it'd be too hard for America to completely change like that.. everybody is too relaxed in their luxurious lifestyle, eating their hearts out, literally, and burning gasoline like it's firewood.

I just think it's not very efficient and selfish.. but as long as I live in this society, I'm taking full advantage of it, why not, ya know?
Old 04-30-2007, 11:26 PM   #25
BrainSmashR
Banned

Quote:
I just think it's not very efficient and selfish.. but as long as I live in this society, I'm taking full advantage of it, why not, ya know?
You mean besides that mentality being the basis for the decline of western civilization as well as the fall of Rome?

When the number of people "taking full advantage" of the system outweighs the number of people contributing to and sustaining the system, then even democracy and free enterprise will fail. Weren't you just trying to explain that to ME?
Old 04-30-2007, 11:28 PM   #26
Santabot
Advanced Member

Quote:
You mean besides that mentality being the basis for the decline of western civilization as well as the fall of Rome?

When the number of people "taking full advantage" of the system outweighs the number of people contributing to and sustaining the system, then even democracy and free enterprise will fail. Weren't you just trying to explain that to ME?
I was.. I thought you didn't agree.

A lot of people don't realize that they actually NEED the support of third world countries and illegals to outsource the work that nobody wants. If the quality of life increases somewhere, it has to decrease somewhere else, a lot of people leave that to humanists or just ditch the idea completely, it sucks.
Old 04-30-2007, 11:41 PM   #27
BrainSmashR
Banned

Quote:
I was.. I thought you didn't agree.

A lot of people don't realize that they actually NEED the support of third world countries and illegals to outsource the work that nobody wants. If the quality of life increases somewhere, it has to decrease somewhere else, a lot of people leave that to humanists or just ditch the idea completely, it sucks.
I told you, my argument was against your statement that "communism works". I agree that no system is perfect, ours is just the best so far....

As far as "needing" third world countries.....I say let's eliminate welfare and bring those jobs back home. You can work or starve, no more free rides.....because as you indicated above, there are lot's of people "taking full advantage of the system". We can use the money we save on welfare to pay people to build prisons for those who would prefer a life of crime to full time employment and putting more cops on the streets. Eliminating welfare, bringing jobs back home, creating new jobs, AND reducing crime, you can't ask for more than that!!!

Fortunately for you, I'm of the opinion you have about 8 more years before you should be considered fully independent, but hopefully your aid will always come in the form of some type of loan and/or scholarships, or your family, rather than actually "taking full advantage of the system" as you've indicated.
Old 04-30-2007, 11:59 PM   #28
Santabot
Advanced Member

Quote:
I told you, my argument was against your statement that "communism works". I agree that no system is perfect, ours is just the best so far....

As far as "needing" third world countries.....I say let's eliminate welfare and bring those jobs back home. You can work or starve, no more free rides.....because as you indicated above, there are lot's of people "taking full advantage of the system". We can use the money we save on welfare to pay people to build prisons for those who would prefer a life of crime to full time employment and putting more cops on the streets. Eliminating welfare, bringing jobs back home, creating new jobs, AND reducing crime, you can't ask for more than that!!!

Fortunately for you, I'm of the opinion you have about 8 more years before you should be considered fully independent, but hopefully your aid will always come in the form of some type of loan and/or scholarships, or your family, rather than actually "taking full advantage of the system" as you've indicated.
How about demolishing jails, letting out the millions of Americans who we pay $500 in taxes per day EACH to support, have a huge judicial review of all of the American laws bull****ted into the working system (Patriot Act, Smith Act, etc) and allow all of those people to take up jobs. They fail and sit around smoking dope and not doing ****? Tough luck, starve. I think the only crimes that should be punishable are murders that are not in self-defense and robbery in high degrees. All others are bull****, if you can't protect your store from a petty theft, tough **** little entrepreneur / corporate whore; I'm sure you can afford to lose a couple bucks from a punk kid, otherwise, whip his ass and that be done with.

Increase gun availability. Not even the dumbest of criminals would attempt to break and enter or steal a vehicle if there was a huge risk that that person had a 9mm at all times, now.. it's highly unlikely. People need to stop *****ing and retaliate, but in order to reform that greatly, you'd have to redistribute wealth to get an even head start... or it will just go back to how it was.

I didn't say communism "worked", but that it's a "better" system for a country that populated.. America doesn't have that issue, there's diversity.. in China.. you're almost worthless as an individual human being. Here, people have the wealth and knowledge to succeed in the modern world, in others.. labor is the only offering.
Old 05-01-2007, 12:10 AM   #29
BrainSmashR
Banned

Quote:
How about demolishing jails, letting out the millions of Americans who we pay $500 in taxes per day EACH to support, have a huge judicial review of all of the American laws bull****ted into the working system (Patriot Act, Smith Act, etc) and allow all of those people to take up jobs. They fail and sit around smoking dope and not doing ****? Tough luck, starve. I think the only crimes that should be punishable are murders that are not in self-defense and robbery in high degrees. All others are bull****, if you can't protect your store from a petty theft, tough **** little entrepreneur / corporate whore; I'm sure you can afford to lose a couple bucks from a punk kid, otherwise, whip his ass and that be done with.
I see, so I should be able to wait outside of your high school and just beat the **** out of you everyday, but as long as I didn't kill you, it shouldn't be a punishable crime, right?
Quote:
Increase gun availability. Not even the dumbest of criminals would attempt to break and enter or steal a vehicle if there was a huge risk that that person had a 9mm at all times, now.. it's highly unlikely. People need to stop *****ing and retaliate, but in order to reform that greatly, you'd have to redistribute wealth to get an even head start... or it will just go back to how it was.
Increase gun availability? Right now every adult American citizen excluding unpardoned felons has the right to bare arms. The only way to "increase availability" is to intentionally put guns in the hands of convicted murderers and rapists!!

Something tells me you haven't thought this out very well, Kemosabi
Quote:
I didn't say communism "worked", but that it's a "better" system for a country that populated..
Actually your statement word for word was "That's why communism works".
Quote:
America doesn't have that issue, there's diversity.. in China.. you're almost worthless as an individual human being. Here, people have the wealth and knowledge to succeed in the modern world, in others.. labor is the only offering.
What you apparently don't seem understand is that our "diversity" is a direct result of those "better" systems of the foreign countries you keep bragging about. People don't immigrate to America because their homeland kick-ass. They immigrate here because WE kick-ass!!
Old 05-01-2007, 12:30 AM   #30
Santabot
Advanced Member

You win some, you lose some.