Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 11-27-2007, 11:37 AM   #1
piemaker720
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 248 piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold
Man Shoots Traffic Camera To Avoid Ticket

http://www.wsmv.com/news/14697709/detail.html

Quote:
Police said a Knoxville man said he shot at a red light camera in an attempt to avoid a ticket.
Officers were on patrol around 2 a.m. Sunday when they heard shots and found Clifford Edward Clark III, 47, in his car with a hunting rifle. Authorities then spotted the damaged camera with three holes in it.
According WBIR-TV, investigators found a Ruger M77, Mack II 30-60 Rifle, and a new box of bullets with four missing. Police said one of the bullets went clear through the camera's casing
Police said they have no record of Clark getting a citation from a red light camera. However, records are only current through Nov. 20.
This is too much.
Old 11-27-2007, 02:57 PM   #2
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
3 out of 4 shots? He missed one? How do you miss a stationary target maybe 50 feet away with a scope? Maybe he wasn't sighted in for close range....
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 05:04 PM   #3
Morpheus
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 223 Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of
More likely he was drunk.
Morpheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 05:58 PM   #4
Al Swearengen
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 246 Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future
Now they've got him for destruction of property. Ya shoot the camera, then get the hell out of Dodge!
Old 11-27-2007, 07:00 PM   #5
piemaker720
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 248 piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Swearengen View Post
Now they've got him for destruction of property. Ya shoot the camera, then get the hell out of Dodge!
I'm with you, he should have hauled his #ss but I guess he was determined to take it all down.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:07 PM   #6
Al Swearengen
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 246 Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future
A 12 gauge stoked with buckshot would be better for that purpose than a high-powered rifle anyway.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:25 PM   #7
piemaker720
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
A 12 gauge stoked with buckshot would be better for that purpose than a high-powered rifle anyway.
What can I say, I didn't do the shooting. But my dad did the same thing back years ago. It was a little hick town with only one red light. The officer was well known for stopping people and he got my dad one night. My dad got so mad he went home got his 12 gauge, went back and took the red light down. Only he didn't get caught.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:54 PM   #8
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
LMAO, Al you are so......whats the word.....practical... Heck I'm even voting for Ron Paul.. What the heck.... Just as a stab at traditional media who rarely mentions Ron Paul. How many Giuliani and Romney signs do we see around town? (0) Common sense is contagious.. I'm ready for the "shotgun approach" to government.... Blow them spy cameras up! Big Brother needs to read The Constitution

cool I never used italics B4]

OK, its time for another martini! I might be "relaxed" but I'm serious. I'm not making fun Al. Do the job right, or don't do the job.... Makes sense to me.. I do MY job right... LOL, at least I think so.. At least it ain't illegal to spank my children yet... We are not the "nanny state" quite yet like some states.... Might be time to spank some butt right now... Oops a camera might be watching... How long before cameras are *everywhere*?? Richard Hertz....OUT!!

Old 11-27-2007, 08:28 PM   #9
Morpheus
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 223 Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of Morpheus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by piemaker720 View Post
What can I say, I didn't do the shooting. But my dad did the same thing back years ago. It was a little hick town with only one red light. The officer was well known for stopping people and he got my dad one night. My dad got so mad he went home got his 12 gauge, went back and took the red light down. Only he didn't get caught.
Hey Joe what's the statute of limitations for murdering a stop light? And what's the sentence like for accessory after the fact?
Old 11-27-2007, 08:39 PM   #10
Morpheus
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhertz View Post
LMAO, Al you are so......whats the word.....practical... Heck I'm even voting for Ron Paul.. What the heck.... Just as a stab at traditional media who rarely mentions Ron Paul. How many Giuliani and Romney signs do we see around town? (0) Common sense is contagious.. I'm ready for the "shotgun approach" to government.... Blow them spy cameras up! Big Brother needs to read The Constitution

cool I never used italics B4]

OK, its time for another martini! I might be "relaxed" but I'm serious. I'm not making fun Al. Do the job right, or don't do the job.... Makes sense to me.. I do MY job right... LOL, at least I think so.. At least it ain't illegal to spank my children yet... We are not the "nanny state" quite yet like some states.... Might be time to spank some butt right now... Oops a camera might be watching... How long before cameras are *everywhere*?? Richard Hertz....OUT!!

rhertz, you should read the traveler by john twelve hawks. I think you'd really enjoy it. Remember, you're not paranoid if they really are out to get you.
Old 11-27-2007, 08:51 PM   #11
piemaker720
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus View Post
Hey Joe what's the statute of limitations for murdering a stop light? And what's the sentence like for accessory after the fact?
Old 11-28-2007, 09:52 AM   #12
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus View Post
rhertz, you should read the traveler by john twelve hawks. I think you'd really enjoy it. Remember, you're not paranoid if they really are out to get you.
I haven't read a book in years....(Thinking....maybe the last vacation I was on?)

Checked it out on amazon...

http://www.amazon.com/Traveler-Fourt...6264739&sr=1-2

If I were to read a novel, this does indeed sound like a good one, right down my alley....

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazon
Twelve Hawks presents big ideas about free will and determinism, good versus evil, social control, and alternate dimensions, all while impressing with knowledge ranging from the New Testament to string theory. Although reviewers compared the novel to the films Kill Bill, Star Wars, and The Matrix—with echoes of authors Dan Brown, Stephen King, George Orwell, and Michael Crichton thrown in—they called it wholly original. Given its complexity, the author (a mysterious entity living "off the Grid" who’s unknown even to his agent and editor) could have fumbled anywhere. But he didn’t
That's a pretty impressive review... This "Twelve Hawks" fella sounds very mysterious. How can you not know your agent/editor? How can you live "off the Grid" and still power a computer for word processing? He must have solar panels.... Home Power Magazine Rules!!
Old 11-28-2007, 10:00 AM   #13
Morpheus
Advanced Member

Seriously I think he communicates with a sat phone, and possible a sat modem. His website is pretty trippy too. http://johntwelvehawks.com and http://resurrectionautoparts.com/

Less exciting is the theory that JTH is the pen name/persona for an already established author who wanted to try a new genre of fiction.
Old 11-28-2007, 02:24 PM   #14
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 267 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhertz View Post
At least it ain't illegal to spank my children yet...

Just give it time....

Spanking Ban Proposed
LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote