Go Back   Shreveport.com > Shreveport.com Headline News > Local News

Notices

Old 09-28-2007, 01:16 PM   #1
sbl_admin
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to sbl_admin
Post 13 year-old boy is booked for stealing 32 cents

A 13 year-old boy is booked by Alexandra Police for stealing 32 cents from an unlocked SUV
sbl_admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 02:59 PM   #2
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 260 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
If the boy would steal 32 cents, he would've stolen a $100 bill too if one were there. He's not going to get the chair for 32 cents, but a nice night in jail might scare him straight.
Old 09-28-2007, 03:41 PM   #3
howela
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 219 howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold
Legal question

What is the amount you are allowed to steal before being charged for theft anyway?
How many strokes constitute a rape?
Situation ethics here?
I don't think so. The crime is the theft, not the 32¢.
howela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 03:47 PM   #4
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by howela View Post
What is the amount you are allowed to steal before being charged for theft anyway?
How many strokes constitute a rape?
Situation ethics here?
I don't think so. The crime is the theft, not the 32¢.
I'm not a lawyer, but I do know that the FBI requires that damages be $5000 or more in order for them to investigate some crimes such as a computer hacker breaking into a system.
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 06:58 PM   #5
scarlett
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 233 scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of
Send a message via ICQ to scarlett Send a message via AIM to scarlett Send a message via Yahoo to scarlett
This is called setting the example. As Anime said, if it would have been $100 he would have taken that also.
Old 09-28-2007, 07:36 PM   #6
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 267 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlett View Post
This is called setting the example. As Anime said, if it would have been $100 he would have taken that also.
Yo! Scawlett how ya been !?
LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 07:49 PM   #7
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Hey Scarlett! Great to C-ya! Yep I agree. Back in my day, they stole cassette tapes (cough cough 8-tracks before that) and also radar detectors were "hot" items....
Old 09-28-2007, 07:53 PM   #8
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Quote:
She is back Good to see you on the board Scarlett. I still have that picture of you eating crawfish. Hey I never forget a face

Click image for larger version

Name:	Scarlett.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	110.2 KB
ID:	1520
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 08:00 PM   #9
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Sir Isaac, thanks for posting that pic. I'm "pretty sure" I was there! (and an honor it was!) Thanks for posting that pic. Somehow I missed it if it was posted before...

Cheers! to the best crew S'port City ever saw!!

I promise to scan and post a picture of "the crew" on monday. heheh like thumbnail size to protect the innocent.
Old 09-28-2007, 09:55 PM   #10
scarlett
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 233 scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of
Send a message via ICQ to scarlett Send a message via AIM to scarlett Send a message via Yahoo to scarlett
Hi Everyone! Thanks for the warm welcome back. Things have been up and down here but overall ok.

That picture was definitely a memory I don't get to eat crawfish much since I moved from South, LA and moving to Florida forget it. They would look at me sideways if I went looking for it here. Mr hertz I can't recall if you were there but that was a great crawfish boil. All of them were ahhhhh those were the days.
Old 09-28-2007, 11:24 PM   #11
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
That picture was definitely a memory I don't get to eat crawfish much since I moved from South, LA and moving to Florida forget it. They would look at me sideways if I went looking for it here. Mr hertz I can't recall if you were there but that was a great crawfish boil. All of them were ahhhhh those were the days.
There aren't any crawfish in South Florida?? They must have sompen. Crabs? Shrimp? Key West Shrimp is pretty good, but it aint' South Louisiana.
Old 09-29-2007, 03:03 PM   #12
scarlett
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhertz View Post
There aren't any crawfish in South Florida?? They must have sompen. Crabs? Shrimp? Key West Shrimp is pretty good, but it aint' South Louisiana.
From what I can tell most here think crawfish are nasty critters. You eat lobsters not crawfish. There are crabs, shrimp and also fish here I am from South, LA and there isn't anything like it here. The shrimp taste like iodine out of 5 places one was ok. The fish, well I have to ask if it's fishy since I don't know most of the fish they have here I use to have flounders and red fish. I stick mainly to chicken and cow :-)
Old 09-29-2007, 06:34 PM   #13
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Quote:
From what I can tell most here think crawfish are nasty critters. You eat lobsters not crawfish. There are crabs, shrimp and also fish here I am from South, LA and there isn't anything like it here. The shrimp taste like iodine out of 5 places one was ok. The fish, well I have to ask if it's fishy since I don't know most of the fish they have here I use to have flounders and red fish. I stick mainly to chicken and cow :-)
Hey Scarlett you might want to try the Grouper, Mahi, Tuna and Popeno are all very nice and should be very fresh caught where you live. I always see those bumper stickers in the Keys that say Lobsters hell we got Crabs
Great place to get some good seafood. Wish I was there in my boat watching the sunset with old Jimmy the Buffet and a nice adult beverage.
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Old 09-30-2007, 05:59 PM   #14
scarlett
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon View Post
Hey Scarlett you might want to try the Grouper, Mahi, Tuna and Popeno are all very nice and should be very fresh caught where you live. I always see those bumper stickers in the Keys that say Lobsters hell we got Crabs
Great place to get some good seafood. Wish I was there in my boat watching the sunset with old Jimmy the Buffet and a nice adult beverage.
I have tried Grouper, Mahi and TUna not fond of any of them really. They were all fresh caught so I guess I am pretty picky. I have no idea what Popeno is so i'll have to check the menu's here.

LOL they all probably have "aids" in the keys and also crabs. I'm stating facts here not just kidding.

I'll let you know if i ever try the Popeno I'll have to ask how to say it sounds like POP E (long E) NO
Old 09-30-2007, 08:16 PM   #15
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
I have tried Grouper, Mahi and TUna not fond of any of them really. They were all fresh caught so I guess I am pretty picky. I have no idea what Popeno is so i'll have to check the menu's here.

LOL they all probably have "aids" in the keys and also crabs. I'm stating facts here not just kidding.

I'll let you know if i ever try the Popeno I'll have to ask how to say it sounds like POP E (long E) NO
You are pronouncing it right. Very white light meat. They do not bite hooks so they are caught in nets. Yes your so right about the Keys being full of bad STDs. Good to see you back on the board.