Go Back   Shreveport.com > Shreveport.com Headline News > Local News

Notices

Old 09-04-2007, 07:25 AM   #1
sbl_admin
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to sbl_admin
Post Woman And Dog Kicked Out Of The Boardwalk

Helen Pieper was all set for a day at the Louisiana Boardwalk when she was kicked out.

"My friend wanted to try out the San Francisco Pizza Oven restaurant," Pieper said.

The only problem was that Pieper, 25, was accompanied by her medical dog, Bandit.
sbl_admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 09:18 AM   #2
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 264 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
SHAME ON THE BOARDWALK!!!!!! Furthermore, why didn't the security guard call one of the many police guards that is usually around to find out the laws before tossing her out. I hope the security guard has a S now branded on his forehead for STUPID and is no longer employed.
Old 09-04-2007, 09:45 AM   #3
piemaker720
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 248 piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle View Post
SHAME ON THE BOARDWALK!!!!!! Furthermore, why didn't the security guard call one of the many police guards that is usually around to find out the laws before tossing her out. I hope the security guard has a S now branded on his forehead for STUPID and is no longer employed.
What can you expect, I bet the security guard use to work for McD's.
Old 09-04-2007, 10:22 AM   #4
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 260 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
Quote:
Originally Posted by piemaker720 View Post
What can you expect, I bet the security guard use to work for McD's.
Lol! I wonder.
Old 09-04-2007, 11:34 AM   #5
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 258 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
>The docile dog always wears a red medical jacket, and has been trained through classes at PetSmart with the designation of Canine Good Citizen.

Well, that sounds official.

I'd probably kick her out, too. That smells like BS.
joepole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 12:03 PM   #6
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 267 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by joepole View Post
>The docile dog always wears a red medical jacket, and has been trained through classes at PetSmart with the designation of Canine Good Citizen.

LoL, I had dog, that won the "Biggest Dog" award
LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 12:55 PM   #7
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 264 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

Another shining example of JoePole showing his stupidity. Service dogs only recognition that they are service dogs are the red jacket that they wear and on the jacket it indicates they are working. As long as you can read, which I presume a Security Guard must be able to, then he should have been able to tell the dog was a Service Dog.

The Security Guard probably actually was suffering from Barney Fife syndrome and thought he'd finally found a situation where he could be tough. Poor him though all he actually did was prove how stupid he was and why he is actually not a real police officer.
Old 09-04-2007, 01:07 PM   #8
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Quote:
Another shining example of JoePole showing his stupidity. Service dogs only recognition that they are service dogs are the red jacket that they wear and on the jacket it indicates they are working. As long as you can read, which I presume a Security Guard must be able to, then he should have been able to tell the dog was a Service Dog.

The Security Guard probably actually was suffering from Barney Fife syndrome and thought he'd finally found a situation where he could be tough. Poor him though all he actually did was prove how stupid he was and why he is actually not a real police officer.
Now if it had been a Border Collie they would automatically know it was a working K-9
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 01:54 PM   #9
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 258 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
>As long as you can read, which I presume a Security Guard must be able to

You must not know many security guards.

So anybody can throw a red jacket on a dog and call it a "service animal?" or does it have to have the official certificate from Petsmart, too? What if the given excuse is completely far-fetched and fake-sounding, like "he detects my asthma attacks."
Old 09-04-2007, 02:19 PM   #10
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

LA R.S. 21§52. Guide or service dog, rights and privileges of owners; penalties for violations

A. Any blind person, visually handicapped person, deaf person, hearing impaired person, or otherwise physically disabled person who is accompanied by a properly controlled dog which such person has been taught to use as a guide or for service at a qualified dog guide or service school is entitled to the full and equal accommodations, advantages, facilities, and privileges of all public accommodation, amusement or resort, and other places to which the general public is invited, and shall be entitled to take such dog into such conveyances and places, subject only to the accommodations and limitations applicable to all persons not so accompanied, provided that the dog shall not occupy a seat in any public conveyance.

C. The provisions of Subsections A and B of this Section shall be inapplicable unless the person, as described in Subsections A and B of this Section, accompanied by a guide or service dog, shall furnish evidence as to the training of the dog, which evidence shall be obtained from the training agency or school by which the dog has been trained.

=====================

I wonder if a "Canine Good Citizen" diploma from a pet store counts as evidence as to the training at a qualified service school. I also wonder if having asthma counts as being physically disabled for the purposes of this law.
Old 09-04-2007, 02:20 PM   #11
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

>Service dogs only recognition that they are service dogs are the red jacket that they wear and on the jacket it indicates they are working.

So, you obviously have no idea what you're talking about. State law requires owners to furnish, on demand, evidence of training and certification. A red jacket doesn't cut it.
Old 09-04-2007, 03:59 PM   #12
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
>Service dogs only recognition that they are service dogs are the red jacket that they wear and on the jacket it indicates they are working.

So, you obviously have no idea what you're talking about. State law requires owners to furnish, on demand, evidence of training and certification. A red jacket doesn't cut it.
No stupid, I do know what I am talking about. Most of these people don't keep on hand the certification because typically they don't run across a security questioning them in this fashion. Most have the knowledge to understand the red jacket. And yes, the trainers at PetsMart do have the ability to train the dog to the appropriate level for this lady. And Yes Joe there are dogs who can detect astha attacks before they occur, seizures before they occur, monitor diabetic patients, etc. The dogs are obviously brighter than you and the security guard due to their wide raning sensory abilities.

You know Joe you constantly amaze me with your ability to make a donkey's behind out of yourself. I hope and pray that you nor your daughter never, ever come to the place of need that many of the people are that you frequently poke fun of or ridicule. It will be a bitter pill for you to swallow.
Old 09-04-2007, 04:00 PM   #13
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon View Post
Now if it had been a Border Collie they would automatically know it was a working K-9
Isaac, this occurred at the Boardwalk not a Pasture.
Old 09-04-2007, 04:15 PM   #14
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Quote:
Isaac, this occurred at the Boardwalk not a Pasture.
None the matter a Border Collie is a Border Collie everywhere it goes ! All ways vigil and working. You know they are not really dogs they are Border Collies !
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 04:52 PM   #15
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

A red jacket, according to the law, means nothing. I can throw a red jacket on any dog I want, so obviously a red jacket is not the "only recognition that they are service dogs," since state law requires actual documentation.

>And Yes Joe there are dogs who can detect astha attacks before they occur, seizures before they occur, monitor diabetic patients, etc.

I don't doubt that, but are those dogs covered by the law? not as I see it written. Has any court recognized asthma as a physical disability? I'm not aware of any.

>The dogs are obviously brighter than you and the security guard due to their wide raning sensory abilities

I can't speak for the security guard, but I'm really, really smart. Any animal that has both a great sense of smell and the desire to eat its own feces is not very smart.