Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Government & Politics

Notices

Old 10-03-2007, 07:43 AM   #1
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Clear Channel Sticking By Rush

The owner of the company that airs Rush Limbaugh's show has come to his defense, telling Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid that while he isn't certain to whom Limbaugh was referring when he used the term "phony soldiers," the radio talk show host has a long history of supporting U.S. troops.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,298999,00.html

Click image for larger version

Name:	Limbaugh.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	7.8 KB
ID:	1532

I do not listen to Rush or any other talk shows. I am posting this to point out the fact that the DNC is very active in putting down freedom of speech. The DNC spreads their propaganda and they think that is OK but they do not want to hear the other views
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 05:22 PM   #2
vixweb
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 219 vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of
I DO listen to Rush, most every day, because I drive all day for work. What he said was misquoted and taken out of context. The liberal machine at work- The same ones who would not condemn Move-on for their general betrayus add, which is deplorable, are now all over Rush. Thats o.k., He'll handle it! As much as I despise clear channel(for what they've done to our radio stations), I'm glad to see they are standing behind Rush. Look out for more mention of "the fairness doctorine"
vixweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 06:10 PM   #3
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
The democRATS are all about more government and they are trying to kill free speech. If they do not like it censor it. I choose to read over listening to talking heads on either side of the isle but I am sure I would agree with Rush on a few issues. If I had to choose one to listen to and I do not ever listen to him it would be Sean Hannity. Good man there Sir.
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Old 10-03-2007, 06:42 PM   #4
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 264 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
Oh man was Sean Hannity all over this today. The Demobutts are certainly pussing for the Fairness Doctrine now. Each and every one of us is going to have to stand up screaming to help prevent it from happening.
Old 10-03-2007, 06:53 PM   #5
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle View Post
Oh man was Sean Hannity all over this today. The Demobutts are certainly pussing for the Fairness Doctrine now. Each and every one of us is going to have to stand up screaming to help prevent it from happening.
I am telling you Sista in 08 the voters are going to hand the DNC their butt on a sliver plater. Sean is a very smart man !
Old 10-03-2007, 06:59 PM   #6
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 264 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
I hope so!
Old 10-03-2007, 07:53 PM   #7
purpahurl
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 223 purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by vixweb View Post
I DO listen to Rush, most every day, because I drive all day for work. What he said was misquoted and taken out of context. The liberal machine at work- The same ones who would not condemn Move-on for their general betrayus add, which is deplorable, are now all over Rush. Thats o.k., He'll handle it! As much as I despise clear channel(for what they've done to our radio stations), I'm glad to see they are standing behind Rush. Look out for more mention of "the fairness doctorine"
I agree 100%. What about Hillary saying Petraus' report whas beyond the realm of believability. Who did news on that? I am so proud to have a man like that in charge of our military. How dare these liberal crap spewers even breath the same air as Rush and our military and argue whose more patriotic.
purpahurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 08:18 PM   #8
purpahurl
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 223 purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold
I forgot to mention that they tied up the floor of the Senate to argue this and 41 Senators signed a letter about Rush, a private citizen. They used OUR TAX DOLLARS for this?!!!!!! You've got to be kidding me!!!
purpahurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 08:20 AM   #9
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Unbelivable what we will waste tax dollars on, isn't it? Worrying over what a talk show host said that might have hurt our feelings! Why didn't they spend the day focus on spending cuts, or crime, or developing some true healthcare for the uninsured. Oh wait they'd be doing something meaningful with their time like they were elected to do and that is something Democrats haven't planned for!!!!!
Old 10-04-2007, 08:46 AM   #10
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 258 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
>the voters are going to hand the DNC their butt on a sliver plater. Sean is a very smart man

The first statement is unlikely, the second is just wrong. I probably agree with 90% of what Hannity says, but he is undeniably an idiot. He's a terrible journalist and not much of an entertainer. He is popular because people like hearing what they believe repeated back to them, even if it from a guy that couldn't win an argument with a wet newspaper unless he got to interrupt and yell. Limbaugh's a good bit better, he's definitely slicker. He's been around a lot longer, though, so he knows the business better. He still makes incredibly dumb mistakes, though.

>I forgot to mention that they tied up the floor of the Senate to argue this and 41 Senators signed a letter about Rush, a private citizen. They used OUR TAX DOLLARS for this?!!!!!! You've got to be kidding me!!!

It's equally as embarrassing as the anti-MoveOn vote a couple of weeks ago. They seriously don't have anything better to do?
joepole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 09:00 AM   #11
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Sean seem smart the few times I have viewed his show. The other guy looks like the living dead (Colms) The rating of Congress is much lower than our President and they fight like a bunch of politicians. Yes both sides of the isle. I hope that in 08 the GOP will clean house as much as they can and get some candidates that will make a stand for the people. Yea good luck to you too.
Old 10-04-2007, 10:58 AM   #12
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 258 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
The Republicans are marginally more tolerable than the Democrats. Both are a pretty sad lot.
joepole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 02:14 PM   #13
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by joepole View Post
The Republicans are marginally more tolerable than the Democrats. Both are a pretty sad lot.
I would agree with that. The GOP needs to get some brass horns.
Old 10-04-2007, 04:58 PM   #14
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon View Post
I would agree with that. The GOP needs to get some brass horns.
I would like to see a third party. One that is not afraid, one that will truly stand up for what they believe, one which make these other two shake like an earthquake and run for cover because of their stupid ways. It's time.