Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-22-2007, 01:28 PM   #16
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
This was my graduation gift from high school. Mine was green though with the same color roof as this one! What's funny is that those were my high school's colors too. You think I'd have been sick of seeing them together, but oh no!

Click image for larger version

Name:	1978.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	9.9 KB
ID:	1162

The Ford Thunderbird

Jennifer Aniston
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 02:56 PM   #17
SDBK

Rep Power: 0 SDBK has a spectacular aura about SDBK has a spectacular aura about
My first car was a purple, yes purple, lol, 2 door cavalier when I was 15. I loved that car then. I thought I was so cool. lol
Now I have a lil 2 seat convertible Mercedes! Love it!
But shopping for SUV, leaning towards Escalade....due to our baby-on-the-way!!!! YEA
Old 07-22-2007, 03:28 PM   #18
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDBK
My first car was a purple, yes purple, lol, 2 door cavalier when I was 15. I loved that car then. I thought I was so cool. lol
But shopping for SUV, leaning towards Escalade....due to our baby-on-the-way!!!! YEA
Yes I think the Escalade is a very nice vehicle. Congrats on the bun in the oven. You are one of the youngest ladies on the board. I think most of the others have grown children so they can give you advise on how to wet nurse you new baby when the new soul arrives. Right Ladies What color Escalade will you be getting ? There is much more room in a Escalade than a minivan. Post a picture when you get it. Mommy-soon
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 03:39 PM   #19
SDBK

Rep Power: 0 SDBK has a spectacular aura about SDBK has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
Yes I think the Escalade is a very nice vehicle. Congrats on the bun in the oven. You are one of the youngest ladies on the board. I think most of the others have grown children so they can give you advise on how to wet nurse you new baby when the new soul arrives. Right Ladies What color Escalade will you be getting ? There is much more room in a Escalade than a minivan. Post a picture when you get it. Mommy-soon
BLACK! w/lots of chrome! And the big chrome rims I'll be pimpin'! LOL, kidding. But do love black and w/that chrome just pops! And ya gotta have the big shinny rims!
Old 07-22-2007, 04:21 PM   #20
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!! I know this is such an exciting time for you!!!
The Escalade sounds like a winner for you and the new baby!!! When are you due?

Jennifer Aniston

Last edited by Pocahontas; 07-23-2007 at 11:22 AM.
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 07:26 PM   #21
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 264 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Mercedes has an SUV! Have you looked at it? It's not too big either which is nice.
Old 07-22-2007, 07:28 PM   #22
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 264 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
Wet nurse???????????????????????????? That term is from the dark ages Isaac. None of us are that old and we are still quite hawwttt for our ages!!! But yes we are quite good with the advice. Been there, done that! Three times.
Old 07-22-2007, 07:55 PM   #23
SDBK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocahontas
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!! I know this is such an exciting time for you!!!
The Escalades sounds like a winner for you and the new baby!!! When are you due?
Thanks so much! We're so excited He/She is due in March
Old 07-22-2007, 07:57 PM   #24
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Thanks so much! We're so excited He/She is due in March
My son was born in March. Spring babies are the prettiest!
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 07:59 PM   #25
SDBK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle
Mercedes has an SUV! Have you looked at it? It's not too big either which is nice.
Yeah, I've looked at Mercedes, BMW, etc.... They just all kind of look alike to me. We really liked the H2 at first because it did stand out so much and is super safe, but after test driving it I totally decided against it. It's very loud and just doesn't feel very "luxury."
Old 07-23-2007, 08:14 AM   #26
howela
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 219 howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold
Deja Vu

Quote:
Originally Posted by piemaker720
Okay let's see what your first car looked like, or what you drve now.
Attachment 1142 Attachment 1143

This is what my first car looked like except it was brown. That was one tough car.
Pie, my first (drivable) car was a '64 Chevy Impala. I paid $400 for it and changed the oil every other week....(not by choice)
howela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 08:16 AM   #27
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

When I was looking for my car that we just got in March, safety was very important to me since I still have one child I carry around in it. I went through Consumer Reports and read everything they had to say about the vehicles I was interested in and then most importantly I read what the Institute for Highway Safety had to say about the vehicle. They actually do the best testing on the vehicles. After I picked the safest vehicles I liked, then I picked the ones I liked for looks and made my decision after that.

I drove the H2's and found them to be extremely noisy and the Lexus to me handled very poorly. One of the best SUV's we've ever owned in our house is a Dodge Durango. It's not a Luxury vehicle, it can could be dressed out great, but they are the best riding. We own two and they have been awesome vehicles.

My current SUV is also a diesel which is great for gas mileage and although it is diesel it is as quiet as a normal car! Good luck to you!
Old 07-23-2007, 08:17 AM   #28
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Quote:
Yeah, I've looked at Mercedes, BMW, etc.... They just all kind of look alike to me. We really liked the H2 at first because it did stand out so much and is super safe, but after test driving it I totally decided against it. It's very loud and just doesn't feel very "luxury."
I predict a boy born March 20th
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Old 07-23-2007, 08:22 AM   #29
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Well well well all the pretty girls are born March 20! I do agree with Rhertz that the prettiest babies are born in March. I have done that twice now, but I am putting my money on a little girl!
Old 07-23-2007, 08:26 AM   #30
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle
Well well well all the pretty girls are born March 20! I do agree with Rhertz that the prettiest babies are born in March. I have done that twice now, but I am putting my money on a little girl!
I will be standing by Tbelle to take your money on this one.
Hadababyitsaboy !