Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Lounge

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you like the movie "Kill Bill"?
Yes 4 66.67%
No 1 16.67%
Dunno 1 16.67%
Voters: 6. This poll is closed

Old 04-10-2007, 11:19 PM   #1
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 294 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Do you like the movie "Kill Bill"??

I think I have this poll feature figured out. OK, now for a really controversial subject. Do you like the move Kill Bill?? (Vols 1 & 2)
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 11:21 PM   #2
Isabella
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 236 Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of
I did not like it at all.
Old 04-10-2007, 11:44 PM   #3
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 261 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
Beatrix kicked some serious @$$!!! I'm a swordsman myself and I definitely get into those kinda movies.
Old 04-11-2007, 06:30 AM   #4
BrainSmashR
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to BrainSmashR Send a message via AIM to BrainSmashR Send a message via MSN to BrainSmashR Send a message via Yahoo to BrainSmashR
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeSpirit
Beatrix kicked some serious @$$!!! I'm a swordsman myself and I definitely get into those kinda movies.

Not a big fan of the Kill Bill series, but I'll admit I haven't given either a fair shake. Always have something else going on while they were on....

Anime, you have any pics of your sword(s)? Have you seen the pics of mine in my photogallery?
BrainSmashR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 08:39 AM   #5
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 261 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainSmashR
Anime, you have any pics of your sword(s)? Have you seen the pics of mine in my photogallery?
Yeah, I have seen yours actually. Very nice. I'll dig up some pictures of mine shortly. Gotta polish my katana first.
Old 04-11-2007, 09:48 AM   #6
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 265 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeSpirit
Yeah, I have seen yours actually. Very nice. I'll dig up some pictures of mine shortly. Gotta polish my katana first.
What is it with katana's? My 18 y/o son loves them. Has quite a collection going...I just don't get it. How about a Manolo collection?

Oh,,,I'm already working on that!!!
Texasbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 09:59 AM   #7
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle
What is it with katana's? My 18 y/o son loves them. Has quite a collection going...I just don't get it. How about a Manolo collection?
Katanas are great swords. They were used by the samurai of feudal Japan before the Meiji Era when swords became banned and samurai became somewhat nomadic. Their swords were respected and honored as a symbol of strength and honor. Samurai would not wear their swords on their belts in-doors and would lay their swords at their lords' feet while in audience with them. This was a custom that represented humility and loyalty, the cornerstones of the samurai's knight-like ways.

Unlike guns, it takes discipline, skill, and strength to slay your enemy with a sword. You must face your enemy and place yourself into harm's way to use a sword in combat, which makes it more honorable.

A good katana is handmade with high-carbon folded steel that sings like crystal as it slices the air. They are normally sharpened to almost a fine razor edge and could easily become a hand-held guillotine in a heated sword clash. Good swords are very sensative to moisture and rust, even the moisture on your fingers. The blade mustn't be touched by human hands without being promptly polished and some dry powder applied to remove moisture.

I like shopping for swords at pawn shops because they never know the true value of their goods. They would sell a $600 Musashi replica for $50 and never know it.
Old 04-11-2007, 03:26 PM   #8
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 272 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
No kill bills here

I have no desire at all to see Kill Bill 1 or 2. I heard they are too bloody!
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 03:49 PM   #9
Isabella
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 236 Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocahontas
Very very bloody.
Old 04-11-2007, 04:27 PM   #10
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabella
Very very bloody.
Well, the 1st one is so bloody that the main fight scene had to be rendered in greyscale so it didn't look like the bloodiest movie scene in history. Kill Bill 2 was much more mellow and far less swordplay.
Old 04-11-2007, 04:46 PM   #11
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 294 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocahontas
True. Very true. It's probably not a good girl flick. Yet there is something about Quentin Tarantino's work that gives such scenes a surreal feel rather than it seeming all that real. Anyway I'm ok with blood as long as its the "bad guys" blood. The bad guys all deserve it!
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote