Administrator

Send a message via AIM to sbl_admin
Post "Three strikes you're out" Rule for Dogs

Dangerous dogs fall under a "three strikes you're out" rule in Louisiana
sbl_admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 02:17 PM   #2
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 268 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Not sure how I feel about this.. but I certainly will agree.. if a dog has attacked 3 different people.. there's definitely a problem.

Reason why I take issue. My brother had this dog.. great dog. But it became obvious he had a problem with strangers, being in HIS yard. So my brother posted signs all over, "Beware of Dog". The dog was kept in the backyard, kept in by a chainlink fence. Warnings were sent to Arkla Gas meter reader guys. They had orders NOT to enter the backyard.

Anyways, one day an Arkla Gas meter reader guy, against instructions.. went into the back yard. Sure enough, this dog jumped out and attacked this guy. drew blood. The meter reader guy testified that the dog was wandering around in the front yard. A complete lie. Even the neighbor who witnessed the whole thing, and knew it happened in the backyard. My brothers home owners' insurance was dropped, he had a hard time getting good insurance after that. It was in all our opinions, that this dog was doing his job, protecting the property etc.. wasn't roaming the neighborhood.

Anyways, sorry for the rant. I know this is one extreme.. and the other extreme are these dogs who roam around, attacking little kids etc.. They definitely are a danger.

I don't know what it is.. whether its my choice of Alaskan Malamutes, or Malamute mixes.. or simply my own temperament. But no dog of mine has ever tried to bite or attack ANYONE. They simply let out a couple of howls, that let me know a stranger is near.

Click image for larger version

Name:	tazwithhat_2.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	228.7 KB
ID:	320
"Yo! Dawg, you'll never take me alive see.."
LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 02:36 PM   #3
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 265 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
Well there is Rosie who tried a couple of weeks back to take out three in one day at the park. and they were nappy headed kids bothering her so ...is it three strikes per lifetime or can you get three days of strikes with it not mattering how many you get in one day?

Don't start whining...I was just kidding. I am with LateNight if the dog is doing it's job as in protecting it's yard and you come into the yard that has signs up, then you know the risk and must assume it.
Texasbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 02:50 PM   #4
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle
Well there is Rosie who tried a couple of weeks back to take out three in one day at the park. and they were nappy headed kids bothering her so ...is it three strikes per lifetime or can you get three days of strikes with it not mattering how many you get in one day?

Don't start whining...I was just kidding. I am with LateNight if the dog is doing it's job as in protecting it's yard and you come into the yard that has signs up, then you know the risk and must assume it.
You be sure and live by those words Tacobelle
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 02:53 PM   #5
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 265 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
She is locked up tight in the house as we speak. Now if you are stupid enough to try and enter the house right now and it would be uninvited, then so be it. Take your medicine, a big white fluffball full of it.
Old 04-17-2007, 03:47 PM   #6
BrainSmashR
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to BrainSmashR Send a message via AIM to BrainSmashR Send a message via MSN to BrainSmashR Send a message via Yahoo to BrainSmashR
Quote:
I am with LateNight if the dog is doing it's job as in protecting it's yard and you come into the yard that has signs up, then you know the risk and must assume it.

You better have a talk with your lawyer.

While having Beware of Dog signs IS advisable for people with large or vicious animals for safety reasons, it is also an admission that you know you have a potentially dangerous animal.
BrainSmashR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 04:06 PM   #7
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

And you got your degree where? Oh, I thought so...YOU DON'T HAVE ONE.

Idiot, don't you think some people, and regardless of what you think most of us on this board are very intelligent, have covered this area with our attornies and our homeowners insurance. Duh.
Old 04-17-2007, 04:59 PM   #8
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 294 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Well there is Rosie who tried a couple of weeks back to take out three in one day at the park. and they were nappy headed kids bothering her so ....
OMG, did you just say "nappy headed kids"? It's a good thing you don't have your own radio show! You would definitely get fired for making that remark! I hope you go down to the park and apologize to those kids for what you said.
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 05:07 PM   #9
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 294 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
My dog doesn't bite. If you don't do what she says, then she will pick her nose with her tongue or else blow snot at you. You WILL comply with the Pug. It's only a matter of time......

Old 04-17-2007, 06:32 PM   #10
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

No RHertz I will not apologize to them. I call them that because of the way they were behaving. We were just trying to walk our dog. The first kid comes up screaming and yelling at her, a dog this kid obviously doesn't know, and Rosie sat back on her feet and began barking and growling her business bark. Few minutes later my son, the 12 y/o, is standing beside and another one of these children runs up to him and starts screaming and is about to hit him. Well, son screamed "Stop" and the dog recognized a threat on her "child" and began barking and growling like Cujo. At this point I decided it was time to go. These children were obviously not realizing they should leave strangers they don't know alone and to leave strange dogs they don't know alone. As we were leaving a very small child runs up behind her and tries to grab her tail. The dog spins around and before she could bite or do anything my son pushed the child out of the way. I had the dog on a very short tight leash. She could not have gotten six inches from me. The dog had never acted this way before towards anyone other than another dog that came on our property. I just felt like the parents were not watching their children and the kids were not behaving. I have always taught mine to respect strange dogs and never approach them without permission from the owners and never in a threatening manner.
Old 04-17-2007, 06:43 PM   #11
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Quote:
No RHertz I will not apologize to them. I call them that because of the way they were behaving. We were just trying to walk our dog. The first kid comes up screaming and yelling at her, a dog this kid obviously doesn't know, and Rosie sat back on her feet and began barking and growling her business bark. Few minutes later my son, the 12 y/o, is standing beside and another one of these children runs up to him and starts screaming and is about to hit him. Well, son screamed "Stop" and the dog recognized a threat on her "child" and began barking and growling like Cujo. At this point I decided it was time to go. These children were obviously not realizing they should leave strangers they don't know alone and to leave strange dogs they don't know alone. As we were leaving a very small child runs up behind her and tries to grab her tail. The dog spins around and before she could bite or do anything my son pushed the child out of the way. I had the dog on a very short tight leash. She could not have gotten six inches from me. The dog had never acted this way before to wards anyone other than another dog that came on our property. I just felt like the parents were not watching their children and the kids were not behaving. I have always taught mine to respect strange dogs and never approach them without permission from the owners and never in a threatening manner.
You know if that dog bit one of those kids not matter how it happened you would be hearing from a PI Lawyer in a heart beat maybe the guy in the hat.
That wolf you have should stay on your farm and not go to the city park just a good idea. I have one that does not like little kids either and she does not get to visit with them. I know that breed and they can be some bad, bad ,bad guard dogs and 100 pound plus that is something to respect. They are one family dogs more than the normal house dog they look at the family as the pack and they want to be alpha. Good luck with that one and no I will sneak up on your house ever
Isaac
Old 04-17-2007, 07:02 PM   #12
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

She hasn't been to the park and won't be going back. Yes, we know that Morris Bart or Kirby Kelly would have been calling for sure.

"Morris Bart got me figh thousan dollah when this dog bit me fo pullin is tail"
Old 04-17-2007, 07:09 PM   #13
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
She hasn't been to the park and won't be going back. Yes, we know that Morris Bart or Kirby Kelly would have been calling for sure.

"Morris Bart got me figh thousan dollah when this dog bit me fo pullin is tail"

That was great Tbelle
Old 04-18-2007, 11:43 AM   #14
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
No RHertz I will not apologize to them.
Actually I was being a bit sarcastic there Ms Belle. I should stay on topic and not try to turn this into another Imus thread, even if I see the nap word.
Old 04-18-2007, 06:30 PM   #15
cosmo kramer
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 218 cosmo kramer is a splendid one to behold cosmo kramer is a splendid one to behold cosmo kramer is a splendid one to behold cosmo kramer is a splendid one to behold cosmo kramer is a splendid one to behold cosmo kramer is a splendid one to behold cosmo kramer is a splendid one to behold
I must say don't be messing with my precious pooch.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	UglyDog.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	331  

cosmo kramer is offline   Reply With Quote