Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-11-2007, 08:09 PM   #1
piemaker720
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 248 piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold
Officer charged in taped beating apparently kills himself

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/06/11/off....ap/index.html

Quote:
A former New Orleans police officer charged in the videotaped beating of a man after Hurricane Katrina apparently shot himself to death about a month before his trial, authorities said Monday
Sounds to me like he knew he was guilty.
Old 06-12-2007, 09:24 AM   #2
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 260 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
It certainly sounds that way. It's bad enough they commit suicide after murdering others, but now these morons who get caught doing something illegal are killing themselves for the minor crimes too. That certainly sounds like natural selection at work.
Old 06-12-2007, 12:13 PM   #3
BrainSmashR
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to BrainSmashR Send a message via AIM to BrainSmashR Send a message via MSN to BrainSmashR Send a message via Yahoo to BrainSmashR
No what's sad is that some piece of crap can be arrested for public intoxication, resisting arrest, battery on a police officer and public intimidation, but because the cop gave this piece of crap an attitude adjustment, he's charged with a crime and the piece of crap goes free so he can screw over somebody else.

NOW not only do we have one less cop on the street, we have one more criminal out there who should be behind bars.
BrainSmashR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 03:10 PM   #4
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 257 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
If he's nutso enough to kill himself over this then I'd vote we're better off without him on the force.
joepole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 03:17 PM   #5
howela
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 219 howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold
I am waiting on the headline that says, "Sad and lonely late last night O.J. took a .38 and did the right thing."
howela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 04:03 PM   #6
piemaker720
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 248 piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by howela
I am waiting on the headline that says, "Sad and lonely late last night O.J. took a .38 and did the right thing."
Ain't gonna happen, he's still trying to sell his book.
Old 06-12-2007, 04:53 PM   #7
BrainSmashR
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to BrainSmashR Send a message via AIM to BrainSmashR Send a message via MSN to BrainSmashR Send a message via Yahoo to BrainSmashR
Quote:
Originally Posted by joepole
If he's nutso enough to kill himself over this then I'd vote we're better off without him on the force.

Probably so...

...although that doesn't justify letting the perp go free on all charges.

and I'll pick a cop who would rather die than go to jail over a guy NOT scared of assaulting a New Orleans police officer, any day of the week!!
BrainSmashR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 06:39 PM   #8
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 316 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by joepole
I agree with this post. If he was riding the edge he should not have a badge and a gun. The guy that broke the law should not go free either so they will get the bad guy on his next crime. This is all too sad that their has to be a next time. The system at work.
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 06:51 PM   #9
piemaker720
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon
I agree with this post. If he was riding the edge he should not have a badge and a gun. The guy that broke the law should not go free either so they will get the bad guy on his next crime. This is all too sad that their has to be a next time. The system at work.
Yes Isaac, but the guy that was beaten did not break any laws I guess because all charges were dropped on him. He had come back a few weeks after the hurricane to check on his property. You know at that time the cps were runnung bad there. Stealing cars, beating people up and even killing some. So I say again the officer must be in the wrong or why commit suicide a few weeks before court. His court date was for around june 28.