Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 04-24-2007, 08:17 PM   #1
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Are there any "Deadliest Catch" fans out there?

Tonight is "Deadliest Catch" night on the Discovery channel. It's time to drop a few pots!
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 10:07 PM   #2
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
I say..... Are there any deadlist catch fans out there?

(Yes Santabot, you are not the only one on this board who knows how to troll.....)
Old 04-25-2007, 12:47 AM   #3
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 267 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Chirp chirp.. kind of quite around here tonight ?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 2.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	77.4 KB
ID:	380  

Click image for larger version

Name:	thecrickets.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	29.9 KB
ID:	381  

Attached Images

LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 08:34 AM   #4
purpahurl
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 222 purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold
Crab Fishing

Yes, that and Dirtiest Jobs are the best shows on.
purpahurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 08:39 AM   #5
Bubba McMillian

Rep Power: 0 Bubba McMillian has a spectacular aura about Bubba McMillian has a spectacular aura about Bubba McMillian has a spectacular aura about
Thumbs up "Deadliest Catch"

Great Show - I record the whole season and watch when I can. These people are the hardest working people I have ever seen but they all seem to be well compensated.
It is not something I would do but I sure enjoy watching the series.

Last edited by Bubba McMillian; 04-25-2007 at 08:39 AM. Reason: Spelling
Bubba McMillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 12:58 PM   #6
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateNight
Chirp chirp.. kind of quite around here tonight ?
Yeah well my question was not about politics or religion or flaming a fellow member, so I didn't expect this thread to break any records..

But I do loves me some Deadliest Catch, the best show on TV! Last night a fisherman fell into the sea without a dry suit. He was recued in a few short minutes by another boat "Time Bandit" who was watching the whole thing at a close distance. That fisherman is lucky the Time Bandit was there on the ball, and lucky to be alive.
Old 04-25-2007, 02:40 PM   #7
purpahurl
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 222 purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold purpahurl is a splendid one to behold
Crab Fishing

I think Blake P., the new captain is a cocky little SOB. I hope somebody puts a pipe around one of his lines. Let hime try to get that off. They'll laugh about it later.
Old 04-25-2007, 03:00 PM   #8
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by purpahurl
I think Blake P., the new captain is a cocky little SOB. I hope somebody puts a pipe around one of his lines. Let hime try to get that off. They'll laugh about it later.
I agree 100%. In fact, the pipe trick was exactly what I was thinking Phil should have pulled on Blake to see if he could handle it. Anyone can break a weld with a torch and a sledge hammer, but how about something you really have to think to figure out.

BTW, I miss Eric and the Rollo. He was much cooler than this new Captain (Greg?) on the Farwest Leader who seems like a smartguy to me.
Old 04-25-2007, 03:02 PM   #9
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Yes, that and Dirtiest Jobs are the best shows on.
Now I wonder why you would enjoy a show about dirty jobs? Hmmm.....
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 03:29 PM   #10
purpahurl
Advanced Member

Dirty Jobs

What makes you think I have a dirty job? Actually we are thinking about trying to get Mike Rowe to come check out our "dirty Job".
Old 04-25-2007, 03:45 PM   #11
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
What makes you think I have a dirty job? Actually we are thinking about trying to get Mike Rowe to come check out our "dirty Job".
BTW, Mike Rowe, star of Dirtiest Jobs is also the narrator (voice) on Deadliest Catch. I like Mike.
Old 04-25-2007, 05:54 PM   #12
Santabot
Advanced Member

Send a message via AIM to Santabot
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhertz
I say..... Are there any deadlist catch fans out there?

(Yes Santabot, you are not the only one on this board who knows how to troll.....)
It's funny, because right now is the first time I've ever viewed this post, and I've seen it multiple times without even clicking.. yet you point me out and make claims that have no foundation. When do I troll these forums? If you'd like me to, I can get a lot more un-serious about it here, and really piss some people off

EDIT: and on-topic, I haven't seen the show yet, been listening to more music than watching tv lately.
Old 05-01-2007, 06:32 PM   #13
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

It's Deadliest Catch Night! Whooo Hoooo Time to pull some pots!
Old 05-01-2007, 07:07 PM   #14
purpahurl
Advanced Member

Phil

I love that Phil had to get his blood pressure checked after trying to get new prop. I think he's my favorite, but Sig is right there with him.
Old 05-01-2007, 08:09 PM   #15
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

I like em all! Man, falling in the Bering Sea. Can you imagine? If I was out there, I'd want Jonathan covering my back!