Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Recreation

Notices

Old 08-22-2006, 08:03 PM   #1
Isabella
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 235 Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of
Chat

I am trying to learn this new forum. I did not see a place for people to just chat. Shrevetimes forum is awful now. I sure hope this place will come alive and be fun. Oh, I was cc on the other forum, but since you had to have at least 3 letters, I decided to use a name I would name a girl if I had one. LOL
Old 08-28-2006, 08:14 PM   #2
Isabella
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 235 Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of
This place sure is boring.
Old 08-31-2006, 08:38 PM   #3
Isabella
Advanced Member

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Old 09-04-2006, 03:43 AM   #4
Mudbug

Rep Power: 0 Mudbug is on a distinguished road Mudbug is on a distinguished road
was there something specific you wanted to chat about?
Mudbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 10:28 AM   #5
Isabella
Advanced Member

Not really. Just trying to get some interaction going. Is that your house for sale or are you the realtor trying to sell it? Just curious.
Old 09-04-2006, 11:43 AM   #6
Mudbug

Rep Power: 0 Mudbug is on a distinguished road Mudbug is on a distinguished road
that's my house - I've built a new one (close tomorrow on it) and have been trying to get exposure on this one in any way possible.
Mudbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 03:23 PM   #7
scarlett
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 233 scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of
Send a message via ICQ to scarlett Send a message via AIM to scarlett Send a message via Yahoo to scarlett
let's bump this house for sale!! nice house check it out
scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 04:38 PM   #8
geodood
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 222 geodood has a spectacular aura about geodood has a spectacular aura about
Isabella,

I haven't ever been over to the shreveporttimes forum before. But I do like this forum and I was just wondering why you thought it is awful (not that I would be surprised by a big company getting it wrong)
geodood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 05:14 PM   #9
Rough Rider
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 218 Rough Rider has a spectacular aura about Rough Rider has a spectacular aura about Rough Rider has a spectacular aura about
well..

Well, I can tell you one thing, this site already has more 'personality' than the shreveport times site does. we just need to spread the word a bit more. But this site keeps gettin' better all the time, more people willing to dive in and give their .02 worth !
Rough Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 05:28 PM   #10
scarlett
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 233 scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of
Send a message via ICQ to scarlett Send a message via AIM to scarlett Send a message via Yahoo to scarlett
I'm working on it!!! Let's give it some personality I'm not embarrased to say I have PERSONALITY!!!

Let's spread the word just advertise it on the other forums watch it grow
scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 08:17 PM   #11
Isabella
Advanced Member

geodood, the reason I think the shreve forum is awful is because they changed the format and it is too hard to navigate. It has too many topics and no bells and whistles anymore. There are very few posts. It once was an exciting place to visit. Things did get out of hand by a few people and I guess that is why they changed it. I don't have a lot of time to spend on forums, but it is fun to check in each day to see what is happening.
Old 09-16-2006, 11:49 PM   #12
geodood
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 222 geodood has a spectacular aura about geodood has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabella
geodood, the reason I think the shreve forum is awful is because they changed the format and it is too hard to navigate. It has too many topics and no bells and whistles anymore. There are very few posts. It once was an exciting place to visit. Things did get out of hand by a few people and I guess that is why they changed it. I don't have a lot of time to spend on forums, but it is fun to check in each day to see what is happening.

I see. Thanks for taking the time to explain. I'm still trying to figure out all the options here on this site! I've been on other "vbulletin" sites before, but this one also has groups and blogs and news. I moderate two groups so far, and I wish I had more time to post more files to them. I know what you mean about having a lot of time to spend. It might be easier if we had a few more rainly days! LOL, we need some rain.
geodood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 01:54 PM   #13
windshop

Rep Power: 0 windshop will become famous soon enough windshop will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to windshop
Personality

I suggest we all add photos to our personal files to get the personality thing going. Doesn't have to be of yourself, although this would be interesting to see. Maybe pics of favorite things, hobbies, or people.
Old 10-24-2006, 02:13 PM   #14
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 316 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Time for photos

So Isabella this is not your first time to the fire. I think posting photos of
what ever would add color to this site. Sound bites would be nice too. I am working on it should have some nice stuff in a week or so. Hey left of center
you see if you can do the same.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 02:20 PM   #15
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 257 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
Shreveport Times Forums

The Times' forums are indeed awful now.

There are 500,000 different forums, each with 0 or 1 posts, and almost none of them are ever posted in. Do we need a "Garage Sale - Zone 8" discussion forum? Plus, the ones that are posted in are usually posted in by The Times and references an article I can never find.
joepole is offline   Reply With Quote