It's great, couldn't ask for a better place to live 1 16.67%
It's ok, not my first choice but stuck here for a while 2 33.33%
If I could move anywhere else I would leave in a heart beat 2 33.33%
My family live here I would never move away from them 1 16.67%
Voters: 6. This poll is closed

Old 09-18-2006, 08:43 PM   #1
scarlett
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 233 scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of
Send a message via ICQ to scarlett Send a message via AIM to scarlett Send a message via Yahoo to scarlett
If you could live anywhere

WHere could/would you live?
scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 09:07 PM   #2
scarlett
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 233 scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of
Send a message via ICQ to scarlett Send a message via AIM to scarlett Send a message via Yahoo to scarlett
people read these posts, why not reply or vote on this one? it's a matter of a click nothing more CLICK

come on people you are here reading, just click the vote button i made an option I believe for everyone.
Old 09-18-2006, 09:55 PM   #3
kansast
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 223 kansast has a spectacular aura about kansast has a spectacular aura about kansast has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlett
people read these posts, why not reply or vote on this one? it's a matter of a click nothing more CLICK

come on people you are here reading, just click the vote button i made an option I believe for everyone.
Apparently you have to be LOGGED in to vote. If you are just a visitor to the site, you see the poll RESULTS.

If I had my way, I think I'd like to live in some small town u.s.a, somewhere UP NORTH, maybe 'mid west' or more west.. not back east. And have enough money to live comfortably and maybe run a hardware store or something like that. Living on some nice Ocean Front beach property would be nice too :-) while I'm dreaming.
kansast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 11:01 PM   #4
geodood
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 222 geodood has a spectacular aura about geodood has a spectacular aura about
I really like the "organic" nature of Louisiana. Next to Hawaii, it is one the the more tropical places in the US, and a LOT cheaper to live in. Plus we got possums and armadillos.... what else could you wish for?
geodood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 11:21 PM   #5
kansast
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 223 kansast has a spectacular aura about kansast has a spectacular aura about kansast has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by geodood
what else could you wish for?
COOLER WEATHER! o.k. I'll admit it here for all to hear. I'm a transplanted YANKEE ! Born in New Jersey, conceived in Baton Rouge, LA . Take that for what it's worth

But I have lived in the Shreveport-Bossier area so long, got to calling it home.
And there are certainly things I do like about it. But oh how I long for a real WINTER! And the summers around hear are tough. Yup, give me some small town u.s.a just a little farther up north.

Kansast
Old 09-19-2006, 06:47 PM   #6
scarlett
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kansast
COOLER WEATHER! o.k. I'll admit it here for all to hear. I'm a transplanted YANKEE ! Born in New Jersey, conceived in Baton Rouge, LA . Take that for what it's worth

But I have lived in the Shreveport-Bossier area so long, got to calling it home.
And there are certainly things I do like about it. But oh how I long for a real WINTER! And the summers around hear are tough. Yup, give me some small town u.s.a just a little farther up north.

Kansast
You know Florida has ONE season, SUMMER 24/7 365 days Be glad you at least get snow sometimes and you can wear a sweater too!!!
Old 09-19-2006, 08:25 PM   #7
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlett
Be glad you at least get snow sometimes and you can wear a sweater too!!!
I can't remember the last time it snowed in Shreveport. It used to snow every few years back in the 60's and 70's. I remember one particularly nice snow in 1978. About 8 inches as I recall.
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 09:14 PM   #8
geodood
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 222 geodood has a spectacular aura about geodood has a spectacular aura about
We live in a beautiful pair of cities!

http://www.bandwise.com/am/shreveportbossierskyline.jpg
(1.46MB Hi-Res jpg image of Shreveport Bossier Skyline)
Old 09-19-2006, 10:46 PM   #9
geodood
Advanced Member

While I'm at it, here is a really cool time lapse video of the Shreveport Bossier Skyline. This mpg file is 3MB in size.

http://www.shreveport.com/forums/sho...t_id=42&gid2=0
Old 09-20-2006, 12:09 PM   #10
Ol' Blue Eye

Rep Power: 0 Ol' Blue Eye is on a distinguished road Ol' Blue Eye is on a distinguished road
It is not important where we live...

...What is important is how we live and what we contribute.
Old 09-20-2006, 02:33 PM   #11
Rough Rider
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 218 Rough Rider has a spectacular aura about Rough Rider has a spectacular aura about Rough Rider has a spectacular aura about
Yes, that timelapse video is pretty cool. What gets me of that panarama of the city.. is how FREAKIN' FLAT everything is. Too bad there aren't any MOUNTAINS on that horizon
Rough Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 11:10 PM   #12
geodood
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol' Blue Eye
...What is important is how we live and what we contribute.
Well said Ol' Blue Eye. This is why I enjoy contributing to sites like this. I wish I had more to offer. I'm thinking of creating a podcast or maybe an video animation of some sort. I wish there were more hours in the day to create and share new things.
Old 09-20-2006, 11:16 PM   #13
geodood
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rough Rider
Yes, that timelapse video is pretty cool. What gets me of that panarama of the city.. is how FREAKIN' FLAT everything is. Too bad there aren't any MOUNTAINS on that horizon
LOL, bite your tongue! Cell phone service is bad enough around here without moutainous terrain! Oh the other hand, if there were mountains, usually the tops are covered with cell phone antennas perched on top. So maybe I'm wrong, and Cingular would find it easier to "build towers". Oh nevermind, yea some mountains would be nice. I always like the Willow Ridge area on Cross Lake which I guess is a bluff (closest thing we have to a mountain)
Old 09-21-2006, 01:47 PM   #14
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 258 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
Snow in Shreveport

The last time it snowed in Shreveport enough to stick was around New Years 2000-2001.
joepole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 02:19 PM   #15
kansast
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joepole
The last time it snowed in Shreveport enough to stick was around New Years 2000-2001.
yes, I remember it well. if I remember right it was broadcast on ESPN during the Independence Bowl.

image 1
Even had time to make a sad little snow man before it all melted.

image2
Taz the wonder dog enjoys the snow

image3
The Neighbors' kids did a better job with the snowman thing

Kansast
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	snowman.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	98.4 KB
ID:	29  

Name:	snowdog.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	44.7 KB
ID:	30  

Name:	sm2.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	32.2 KB
ID:	31  

Last edited by kansast; 09-21-2006 at 02:59 PM.