Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Food & Dining

Notices

Old 12-10-2007, 11:08 PM   #1
drthyhcks

Rep Power: 0 drthyhcks will become famous soon enough drthyhcks will become famous soon enough
King Cakes in Shreveport/Bossier

Promoting fresh baked King Cakes. It is almost King Cake time in Shreveport/Bossier... we are already getting orders on the calender.
Oh yeah! shipping and large orders.

www.kingcakefactory.com
a/k/a www.mypastrychef.com

Wedding Cakes, too!
drthyhcks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 12:22 PM   #2
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
That's a nice looking king cake. So you sell them at any local stores? My kids like to race to see who can find the baby inside, so they don't last long in my house.
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 12:57 PM   #3
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by drthyhcks View Post
Promoting fresh baked King Cakes. It is almost King Cake time in Shreveport/Bossier... we are already getting orders on the calender.
Oh yeah! shipping and large orders.

www.kingcakefactory.com
a/k/a www.mypastrychef.com

Wedding Cakes, too!
That is one nice looking King Cake. I wonder how much they cost ?
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 02:08 PM   #4
drthyhcks

Rep Power: 0 drthyhcks will become famous soon enough drthyhcks will become famous soon enough
They start at $15.00
The traditional filling is awesome.
We can ship them also.

You can call us and order them 747-1104. We fill large orders or you can order one at a time.

Thanks for the compliment!
Old 12-11-2007, 02:16 PM   #5
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Quote:
They start at $15.00
We can ship them also.

You can call us and order them 747-1104. We fill large orders or you can order one at a time.

Does the one in the photo cost 15.00 ?? It sure looks good.
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Old 12-11-2007, 03:58 PM   #6
drthyhcks

Yes, $15 this is the only size we make (we keep it simple)

look at the website www.mypastrychef.com and click on kingcakes for more info.

mpc
Old 12-11-2007, 04:02 PM   #7
j.nc
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 209 j.nc is a name known to all j.nc is a name known to all j.nc is a name known to all j.nc is a name known to all j.nc is a name known to all j.nc is a name known to all
Quote:
They start at $15.00
We can ship them also.

It does look good.

What approximate diameter and weight do you get for the 15 clams?

No lead baby from China right?

- j.nc
"wolde you bothe eate your cake, and have your cake?"*

*1546 from John Heywood's 'A dialogue Conteinyng the Nomber in Effect of All the Prouerbes in the Englishe Tongue'
j.nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 05:39 PM   #8
drthyhcks

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.nc View Post
It does look good.

What approximate diameter and weight do you get for the 15 clams?

No lead baby from China right?

- j.nc
"wolde you bothe eate your cake, and have your cake?"*

*1546 from John Heywood's 'A dialogue Conteinyng the Nomber in Effect of All the Prouerbes in the Englishe Tongue'
We use plastic babies. We use the shipping weight of 3 pounds. I think it actually weighs 2.4 pounds. The cake is a 10" ring 4"wide and 2" tall... since they are handmade each may vary a little more or less. But will weigh the same.
mpc
Old 12-11-2007, 06:20 PM   #9
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
We use plastic babies. We use the shipping weight of 3 pounds. I think it actually weighs 2.4 pounds. The cake is a 10" ring 4"wide and 2" tall... since they are handmade each may vary a little more or less. But will weigh the same.
mpc
Say friend ! Do you deliver in town and is there a quantity break ? Nice looking cake you have. I see your location do you have them on hand all the time or just when it is season ?
Thanks,
Isaac
Old 12-11-2007, 06:57 PM   #10
drthyhcks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon View Post
Say friend ! Do you deliver in town and is there a quantity break ? Nice looking cake you have. I see your location do you have them on hand all the time or just when it is season ?
Thanks,
Isaac

We do give a quantity break (call the shop) I am attempting to add a paypal shopping cart to our website.
They do have to be pre-ordered because we make and bake them fresh.

thanks for asking
mpc
Old 12-11-2007, 07:24 PM   #11
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
I'm going to call tomorrow and order two, one for me, and one for a friend of mine (for his Christmas present) Heck what's wrong with a king cake for Christmas? Sure beats one of those old fruitcakes!
Old 12-11-2007, 08:20 PM   #12
drthyhcks

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhertz View Post
I'm going to call tomorrow and order two, one for me, and one for a friend of mine (for his Christmas present) Heck what's wrong with a king cake for Christmas? Sure beats one of those old fruitcakes!
Oh, good idea to get it ordered early.
mpc
Old 12-11-2007, 08:30 PM   #13
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 264 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhertz View Post
Ummm Rhertz...I don't see my name on that list for Kingcakes?????? What's up with that?
Old 12-11-2007, 08:42 PM   #14
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle View Post
Ummm Rhertz...I don't see my name on that list for Kingcakes?????? What's up with that?
Well, dang since you put those red stiletto's back on, you are making it hard on me. LOL. Ok, I'll get you one too cause I KNOW you put those back on just for me! But I ain't deliverin' nothing way over in Texas. We'll figure something out.
Old 12-11-2007, 08:54 PM   #15
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 264 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
Yep the red shoes were just for you!!! Now what do you want for Christmas Rhertz????