Go Back   Shreveport.com > SBLive! Groups > Historic Photos

Notices

Old 08-18-2007, 06:12 AM   #1
sbl_admin
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to sbl_admin
Post Comments on: Bob and his Buddies

Reader comments and feedback for the Bob and his Buddies photo.
This image is part of the Historic Photos photo gallery

sbl_admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 06:14 AM   #2
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
As kids we would watch Bob and his buddies. We thought Bob was a big time TV star. Then we had three channels of black and white TV with the rabbit ears too. Deputy Dog and El Kabong
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 09:23 AM   #3
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
Okay somebody help me out here. In my mind the original Bob and His Buddies t.v. show was a children's program where Bob wore a straw hat and some sort of Capt. Kangaroo outfit and played with animals. Any photos of that?
Is that the show you watched IS? Also I thought Bob was bald under that hat back then!

Jennifer Aniston
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 10:21 AM   #4
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocahontas View Post
Okay somebody help me out here. In my mind the original Bob and His Buddies t.v. show was a children's program where Bob wore a straw hat and some sort of Capt. Kangaroo outfit and played with animals. Any photos of that?
Is that the show you watched IS? Also I thought Bob was bald under that hat back then!
That would be the one. I am sure Bob is a multi talented guy
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Old 08-19-2007, 05:02 AM   #5
salguodgrubmab
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 0 salguodgrubmab is a jewel in the rough salguodgrubmab is a jewel in the rough salguodgrubmab is a jewel in the rough salguodgrubmab is a jewel in the rough
I thought that Buddies reference would be too obscure and would fall by the wayside. Hey Ike and Poke, what do ya'll soak your dentures in?
salguodgrubmab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 08:10 AM   #6
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 264 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute

Name:  MDL009.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  3.4 KB

Old 08-19-2007, 08:23 AM   #7
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle View Post
Tbelle do not laugh to loud your "old" house is falling down around your ears
You are in that forty something group Sal must be too
Old 08-19-2007, 08:32 AM   #8
salguodgrubmab
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 0 salguodgrubmab is a jewel in the rough salguodgrubmab is a jewel in the rough salguodgrubmab is a jewel in the rough salguodgrubmab is a jewel in the rough
sal's choppers
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	redneck_dentures.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	33.4 KB
ID:	1363  

salguodgrubmab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 08:35 AM   #9
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by salguodgrubmab View Post
sal's choppers

Oatmeal, applesauce and jello for you.
Old 08-19-2007, 09:26 AM   #10
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
I've got beautiful teeth thank you very much, but could use a little help with my vision!
Name:  11621.gif
Views: 23
Size:  12.5 KB

Jennifer Aniston
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 03:56 PM   #11
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocahontas View Post
I've got beautiful teeth thank you very much, but could use a little help with my vision!
Attachment 1365

Hey Pokie did I know you in high school ?
Old 08-19-2007, 07:11 PM   #12
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Growing up, one of my friends parents got a divorce. Bob started dating his mother... it was weird... That was my first exposure to divorce and probably inspired me to stay married once all these years.
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 07:21 PM   #13
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhertz View Post
Growing up, one of my friends parents got a divorce. Bob started dating his mother... it was weird... That was my first exposure to divorce and probably inspired me to stay married once all these years.
So rhertz that is was kept you married even with the non flushing toilet ?
Old 08-19-2007, 07:26 PM   #14
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon View Post
So rhertz that is was kept you married even with the non flushing toilet ?
LOL, yep it takes a lot more than that to get rid of me! Seriously, next to the death of a relative, divorce is the biggest stress factor in people's lives IMHO...
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 08:31 PM   #15
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 267 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
went on a field trip to KSLA many many years ago while in school.. long story short, from my recollection, Bob's office was covered in empty beer cans.
LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote