Go Back   Shreveport.com > Shreveport.com Headline News > Local News

Notices

Old 05-07-2007, 01:16 PM   #31
piemaker720
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 248 piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold
No thanks! There is 2 things this woman ain't eating that is sushi and raw oysters. Forgive me but raw food and sucking slime don't appeal. I love oysters fried but that's it. I'm a down home eater.
piemaker720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 01:34 PM   #32
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by piemaker720
No thanks! There is 2 things this woman ain't eating that is sushi and raw oysters. Forgive me but raw food and sucking slime don't appeal. I love oysters fried but that's it. I'm a down home eater.
I am a down home eater too I like my sushi raw and steaks almost tartar and my chicken cooked real good. Yellow-fin Tuna is hard to beat just add some soy and off to the races. I have a video the kids gave me and a book on how to roll your own sushi. I have done it and it taste good but does not look like what is in the book
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 01:46 PM   #33
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 260 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
No sushi or oysters for me either. Give me McDonald's any day.
Old 05-07-2007, 01:54 PM   #34
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeSpirit
No sushi or oysters for me either. Give me McDonald's any day.
Anime you should be tared and feathered for posting about McDonald's on a sushi thread Look men like sushi and most girls do not
Old 05-07-2007, 02:33 PM   #35
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
The raw stuff is nasty!! The cooked tolerable, but I don't like the way seaweed tastes. I tried eating it in rice paper once and it was okay. Give me some Mexican food any day of the week though!!
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 02:38 PM   #36
piemaker720
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 248 piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold
I do like Mexican and Chinese. But if I had to chose my favorite kinds of meal, it has to be 1. Home cooking. 2. Seafood. 3. bar-b-que.
Old 05-07-2007, 02:40 PM   #37
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 258 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
Tartare means ground and raw, not just raw.

There is nothing in this universe that tastes better than raw tuna.
joepole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 02:45 PM   #38
AnimeSpirit
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 260 AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future AnimeSpirit has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to AnimeSpirit
I use to like Mexican, but I've grown so tired of it in recent months. The only Asian food I like is pocky.
Old 05-07-2007, 04:14 PM   #39
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 264 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
I am with Pokie, give me my Mexican any day, every day. But no sushi or raw steak or oysters. That's nasty food.
Old 05-07-2007, 04:45 PM   #40
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by joepole
Tartare means ground and raw, not just raw.

There is nothing in this universe that tastes better than raw tuna.
Joe that would be Tataki Beef or Tataki Tuna. I do agree tuna is the way to go for sushi
Old 05-07-2007, 06:25 PM   #41
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocahontas
The raw stuff is nasty!!
Don't know about "stuff", and you are not the first to make such as comment about sushi But FRESH raw fish can be extremely delicious, whereas cooking it can utterly ruin it's texture and flavor. When people cook fish they add lemon, or add a sauce, or fry it, or anything to add some taste.

When fish is raw, you can really taste the spendid oils that make fish to healthy. Some are nearly buttery but much better for you. In fact, the more oily and buttery a fish is, the quicker it spoils, so in many cases, the more expensive (fatty) cuts are not available. Salmon belly and Tuna belly (Toro) are particularly nice and also White Tuna (Ecular Tuna?) is also buttery. If it tastes "fishy" then it isn't good.

So sure old fish would be gross/nasty to eat, even cooked IMO. But the fact is that sushi is nearly an all or nothing proposition by definition. Either it is good (fresh) or it is bad (not fresh). I've had both in our area.

Quote:
The cooked tolerable, but I don't like the way seaweed tastes.
There are all sorts of sea plants like kelp and "Nori" which is what you are probably talking about. Yeah it takes some getting used to, but if you can learn to enjoy it, it is extremely good for you. It reminds me of the ocean mist on the beach, but I like it crispy and not soggy. Sushi is meant to be eatten fresh right after it is made. I don't eat sushi leftovers.

Quote:
I tried eating it in rice paper once and it was okay. Give me some Mexican food any day of the week though!!
I like mexican too. Every culture has it's raw fish recipes. I've had some ceviche in mexico that was awesome. Actually it is cooked in lemon juice which is acidic and turns the fish white. Now pickled herring can be pretty strong for me.
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 08:09 PM   #42
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
Just say NO to sushi

rhertz you can type til you are blue in the fingers, but my mind will not be changed! I hardly enjoy cooked fish much less raw!!! I have tried it a few times because my significant other just knew I would like it. He kept insisting I'd never had it the right way. He has finally stopped trying and it saves him alot of money too! He only has to buy for himself!
Old 05-09-2007, 08:44 AM   #43
piemaker720
SBLive! Veteran

Here you go, rhertz

Click image for larger version

Name:	chop.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	16.5 KB
ID:	479

Last edited by piemaker720; 05-09-2007 at 09:07 AM.
Old 05-09-2007, 03:39 PM   #44
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

That's great, Piemaker!!! My thoughts exactly!
Old 05-09-2007, 10:50 PM   #45
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by piemaker720
Here you go, rhertz
Guess what I had for dinner? (hint: some VERY rare tuna)

If I die, I will die healthy! Folks in Japan who eat sushi live like 300 years or something.
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote