Go Back   Shreveport.com > Shreveport.com Headline News > World News

Notices

Old 10-11-2006, 08:11 AM   #1
sbl_admin
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to sbl_admin
Post Is North Korea A Serious Threat To The U.S.?

North Korea warned that increased pressure from the U.S. over the regime's reported nuclear test could be considered an "act of war".
FOX_News
sbl_admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 08:29 AM   #2
windshop

Rep Power: 0 windshop will become famous soon enough windshop will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to windshop
North Korea? What about Iran?

According to an article that appeared in The Nation this week, the Eisenhower strike force was deployed early and will be off the coast of Iran by October 21 (just in time for our elections). The article quotes numerous experts that all agree that the Bush administration is preparing to go to war with Iran.

North Korea is the least of our worries.
windshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 08:48 AM   #3
Rough Rider
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 218 Rough Rider has a spectacular aura about Rough Rider has a spectacular aura about Rough Rider has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by windshop
According to an article that appeared in The Nation this week, the Eisenhower strike force was deployed early and will be off the coast of Iran by October 21 (just in time for our elections). The article quotes numerous experts that all agree that the Bush administration is preparing to go to war with Iran.

North Korea is the least of our worries.

they are both a pain. however, from what I understand, North Korea HAS nukes, and Iran is TRYING to get nukes. And doesn't North Korea has like a Million man army ?
Rough Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 11:27 PM   #4
geodood
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 222 geodood has a spectacular aura about geodood has a spectacular aura about
You guys are scaring me! Quit it! I long for the more simple days when there was justs one bad guy, the USSR. Black and White. Who ever thought the "cold war" would be a "piece of cake" compared to the N Korea slash Iran threat?
geodood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 11:45 PM   #5
Rough Rider
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 218 Rough Rider has a spectacular aura about Rough Rider has a spectacular aura about Rough Rider has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by geodood
You guys are scaring me! Quit it! I long for the more simple days when there was justs one bad guy, the USSR. Black and White. Who ever thought the "cold war" would be a "piece of cake" compared to the N Korea slash Iran threat?
Don't mean to scare you there Geodood Hey, wasn't there some 'quote' or some prediction made MANY MANY years ago, about there being some 'world war' or end of the planet scenario prediction... that stated it was going to come down to US and the middle east or something to that affect ? Reason I bring that up, is I DO recall this prediction being made so many years ago, back when there was still a USSR and the freakin' "Commies", and I remember thinking "the mideast?... WTF?" like "how could that be" was my thinking. But it sure seems all the more believable these days .. doesn't it ?
Rough Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 11:05 PM   #6
geodood
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 222 geodood has a spectacular aura about geodood has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rough Rider
Don't mean to scare you there Geodood Hey, wasn't there some 'quote' or some prediction made MANY MANY years ago, about there being some 'world war' or end of the planet scenario prediction... that stated it was going to come down to US and the middle east or something to that affect ? Reason I bring that up, is I DO recall this prediction being made so many years ago, back when there was still a USSR and the freakin' "Commies", and I remember thinking "the mideast?... WTF?" like "how could that be" was my thinking. But it sure seems all the more believable these days .. doesn't it ?
Rough Rider, I think there have always been "end of world" prophets and predictions. Nostradamus is one that comes to mind. Maybe you are thinking of a show on HBO years ago depicting a Middle Eastern “anti-christ”. In the late 70's there was the "new age" fad where the earth was supposed to shift its axis and cause global change sometime in the 80's, then 90's, then 00's and so on. I’m speaking of Edgar Cayce and other psychics who followed. I heard that back when we went from 999AD to 1000AD, there were end of the world prophesies. So I assume it is just part of our overall history. In other words, there is always someone who thinks the world is about to end.

My rather shallow understanding on the subject is that the bible says that when Jesus returns, there will be a 1000 year period of peace. But before that happens, there will be “much gnashing of teeth” during the apocalypse. (WWIII?) But the bible also says that no man knows the exact time of such events, and that there will be false prophets. So I take it that you would have to be really really really smart (or holy) to know when such an event will happen.

I’m sure our friend here Isaac would have an opinion on this.
geodood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 08:10 AM   #7
Hattie Thomas

Rep Power: 0 Hattie Thomas is on a distinguished road Hattie Thomas is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Hattie Thomas
Kim Jong Il be illin'...

"Is North Korea A Serious Threat To The U.S.?"

Anyone can take one look at Kim Jong Il and see that even his hairstyle is something to be feared and dreaded. How can anyone not take a man that looks like him seriously.
Hattie Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 09:26 AM   #8
Bob
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 221 Bob is just really nice Bob is just really nice Bob is just really nice Bob is just really nice Bob is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hattie Thomas
"Is North Korea A Serious Threat To The U.S.?"

Anyone can take one look at Kim Jong Il and see that even his hairstyle is something to be feared and dreaded. How can anyone not take a man that looks like him seriously.
you may have a point.. but at least he LOOKS crazy and we can all spot him a mile away. I suppose it's the ones who DON'T look crazy that we should really be afraid of :-)
Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 12:15 PM   #9
Hattie Thomas

Rep Power: 0 Hattie Thomas is on a distinguished road Hattie Thomas is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Hattie Thomas
Don King called and said he wants his hair style back

Okay, I am biased regarding this issue because I don't know if we should be more afraid of Kim Jong Ill himself, or the hair dresser that apparently hates him.

I think he has been testing nuclear weapons on his hair by the looks of things.

Last edited by Hattie Thomas; 12-01-2006 at 12:21 PM. Reason: brainfart
Hattie Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote