Go Back   Shreveport.com > SBLive! Groups > SB Football Fans

Notices

Old 12-03-2007, 05:56 PM   #1
Tom Pace
Editor

Rep Power: 0 Tom Pace has a spectacular aura about Tom Pace has a spectacular aura about Tom Pace has a spectacular aura about
Thumbs up LSU battles Ohio State for BCS National Championship

LSU – Ohio State in BCS National Title Game Jan. 7, 2008

By Tom Pace, Executive Editor, SBLive!

The Fat Lady has sung, & LSU is in New Orleans..." That quote from Joe Darwin, Petrosun I-Bowl Chariman, on the official announcement that the LSU Tigers (11-2) have been chosen to play the Ohio State Buckeyes (11-1)in the BCS Championship game January 7th in New Orleans.

"In a 24 hour period, LSU went from not having a coach, to winning the SEC Championship, and now playing for the National Championship," Darwin told SBLive!. (Listen to my podcast with Joe Darwin www.shreveport.com)

Now comes the fun part: THE HYPE! ESPN's Lee Corso could not contain himself talking up Ohio State, and TALKING DOWN the LSU Tigers.
I think it's a given the Bayou Bengals have struggled to put together a COMPLETE GAME since their second game of the season.

Slow starting Tigers WILL NOT WIN the National Championship. They're got a month to get healthy and focused. Get everyone on THE SAME PLAYBOOK,
do away with the penalties, and please Mr. Miles, watch your clock management. It's a killer.

I believe now that Les Miles has made his committment as Head Coach for the Tigers (the team rallied around him, winning the SEC Championship)...
They really have something to prove to the nation....

That LSU did not get a back-door invite to the BCS. They earned it.

So much said. Let them "...talk the talk, and walk the walk."
Tom Pace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 04:24 PM   #2
howela
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 219 howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold
Law makers get best seats?

http://www.ktbs.com/news/State-lawma...LSU-game-7115/
I don't think this is fair that our lawmakers who work for us get an unfair advantage on obtaining tickets.
How does everyone else feel about this.

Quote:
The Speaker of the House said his office bought the tickets and that about 90 percent of the representatives then bought them. The rest were pooled for lawmakers who wanted extras, rather than having them to go to the general public.
howela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 07:14 PM   #3
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 316 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by howela View Post
http://www.ktbs.com/news/State-lawma...LSU-game-7115/
I don't think this is fair that our lawmakers who work for us get an unfair advantage on obtaining tickets.
How does everyone else feel about this.
This is nothing new. Heck they get them delivered via the State Police. Pardon the French but this is a state of Parishes
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote