Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Music

Notices

Old 05-30-2007, 11:17 AM   #16
guitarman
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 213 guitarman is a splendid one to behold guitarman is a splendid one to behold guitarman is a splendid one to behold guitarman is a splendid one to behold guitarman is a splendid one to behold guitarman is a splendid one to behold
I would never steal music it would be like stealing someones wallet. The lyrics and sounds come from the heart of the individual and for someone else to lay claim to that is just wrong. A good friend of mind told me about this site and that this site had some good local music. What all kind of music is played here and how do I find a list of what is played ? Need a little help here please !
guitarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 12:09 PM   #17
kansast
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 223 kansast has a spectacular aura about kansast has a spectacular aura about kansast has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarman
A good friend of mind told me about this site and that this site had some good local music. What all kind of music is played here and how do I find a list of what is played ? Need a little help here please !
Well if you go to the front page, you can click on the SBRadio logo and listen. Currently the station is playing songs ranging from the early 1900's to current. Songs recorded by Shreveport area artists, or songs recorded in shreveport. We hope to continue to add more music by local artists in the future.
kansast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 12:29 PM   #18
guitarman
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 213 guitarman is a splendid one to behold guitarman is a splendid one to behold guitarman is a splendid one to behold guitarman is a splendid one to behold guitarman is a splendid one to behold guitarman is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by kansast
Well if you go to the front page, you can click on the SBRadio logo and listen. Currently the station is playing songs ranging from the early 1900's to current. Songs recorded by Shreveport area artists, or songs recorded in shreveport. We hope to continue to add more music by local artists in the future.
Thank you for your help kansast. I will click on the SBRadio and check it out. I know some local musicians and will pass this along to them. I will try my hand at starting a thread too.
Old 05-30-2007, 03:46 PM   #19
Allen Marsalis
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Allen Marsalis is just really nice Allen Marsalis is just really nice Allen Marsalis is just really nice Allen Marsalis is just really nice
Quote:
Thank you for your help kansast. I will click on the SBRadio and check it out. I know some local musicians and will pass this along to them. I will try my hand at starting a thread too.
That would be great! We are looking for local bands and musicians who are willing to allow us to air any of their songs. If you run into someone who may be interested, please ask them to email info@shreveport.com. Someone can also send a private message to either "sbl_admin" or direct to me at "Allen Marsalis" and we will get that too. Our area has a long music heritage and we want to promote local music any way we can. But we need help from the community to make that happen. Thank you for any leads you can steer our way.
Allen Marsalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 07:08 PM   #20
guitarman
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen Marsalis
That would be great! We are looking for local bands and musicians who are willing to allow us to air any of their songs. If you run into someone who may be interested, please ask them to email info@shreveport.com. Someone can also send a private message to either "sbl_admin" or direct to me at "Allen Marsalis" and we will get that too. Our area has a long music heritage and we want to promote local music any way we can. But we need help from the community to make that happen. Thank you for any leads you can steer our way.
I would love nothing better than to be able to tune into a site like this that plays local music while I am at work it would be soooooooo nice. I will pass this site onto others that I know that enjoy local bands. I do tend to like Blues or Delta Blues and slide guitar and then sometime jazz too. I hope you do well with this because Shreveport, Bossier has some great talent here and I like to go out and see them live when I can.
Old 05-30-2007, 07:51 PM   #21
Allen Marsalis
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Allen Marsalis is just really nice Allen Marsalis is just really nice Allen Marsalis is just really nice Allen Marsalis is just really nice
Quote:
I would love nothing better than to be able to tune into a site like this that plays local music while I am at work it would be soooooooo nice. I will pass this site onto others that I know that enjoy local bands. I do tend to like Blues or Delta Blues and slide guitar and then sometime jazz too. I hope you do well with this because Shreveport, Bossier has some great talent here and I like to go out and see them live when I can.
Most music stations are centered around the type of music (rock, country, blues) rather than the geographic location, so SBRadio will be a hodgepodge of music types, at least for a while. "Beggers can't be choosy" and we need all the local music we can get. I'm begging! But in the future I can envision organizing the playlist by music type (blues in the morning, rock in the afternoon) or even allow "DJ's" to produce 1 hour shows with commentary. (Kevin's R&B Hour) This may be difficult to do using only local music, but we will see where this goes. It would be nice if it could be "only local" music without chasing people off by mixing up too many styles in one place. (R&B followed by alternative/metal, etc)
Allen Marsalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 02:53 PM   #22
guitarman
Advanced Member

I know a few people in local bands and I will be out this weekend and pass this web site address to them in person. I hope this will take off for you and I have enjoyed the nice change in my office cube so keep it coming. One question if one of the boys in the band has a home made CD will you be able to use it ?