Go Back   Shreveport.com > SBLive! Sponsors > Maccentric

Notices

Old 11-21-2006, 12:34 PM   #1
maccentric

Rep Power: 0 maccentric is on a distinguished road maccentric is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to maccentric
Re: Why do you own a Mac?

Hello, again.

This thread is for those of you out there that think different and own a Mac. Tell us why you own one and why you would recommend it to others.

Thanks.

Thomas
maccentric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 01:33 PM   #2
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 267 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Thumbs up

been using Macs since around 1987 or so..
over the years, I've used windows and it's different variations, I've used Linux as a desktop OS as well for a time.

I 'suppose' they all serve their purposes. But for me, when it comes down to what do I have to stare at all day.. the Linux OS, the Windoze OS or the MacOS, I'd prefer working in MacOS all the live long day.

I think for a lot of windoze users, would claim a lack of software, a lack of GAMES etc for the MacOS as a reason to stick with Windoze. Personally I don't play much games on the computer or wish to, and for what software I NEED, I've been able to find. If there was ever a program I wish I could run, it would be Internet Explorer. So looking forward to getting one of these new Macs with an Intel Processor.. so I could run IE in WINDOZE along side my MacOSX apps.. should I ever need to view a website in IE

Running MacOS started getting a bit tough in the OS9 days.. but the change to OSX was a welcome change for me, I like access to the command line when needed, already familiar somewhat with Linux and the command line.
I like being able to run Apache, and MySQL, on MacOSX
LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 07:57 PM   #3
Mudbug

Rep Power: 0 Mudbug is on a distinguished road Mudbug is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by LateNight
So looking forward to getting one of these new Macs with an Intel Processor.. so I could run IE in WINDOZE along side my MacOSX apps.. should I ever need to view a website in IE
http://www.codeweavers.com/products/cxmac/

For me, I'll go back to Windows when you pry my Macs from my cold dead hands.
Mudbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 09:39 PM   #4
geodood
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 222 geodood has a spectacular aura about geodood has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudbug
House is sold - thanks for looking.
Hey Mudbug, I hope that SBLive helped in part or in some small way to "get the word out". In any event, Congratulations! There is no better feeling that posting that "sold" sign. Good Luck to you!
geodood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 11:32 PM   #5
mixmaster

Rep Power: 0 mixmaster has a spectacular aura about mixmaster has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to mixmaster
Cool Go Mac!

Thomas A?
If so, good to talk to you again.
Why own a mac? Because that is the only way to go, of course.
They are soooo much easier to use, provide superior capabilities to any person in any field.
My old G4 needs some work, but at least I have the hubbys to play with....plus each of my children have a new one. I was so disturbed to see a bunch of HPs in the local high school....eeewwww.
Later,
Mik
mixmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 05:30 AM   #6
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
I do not have one I too wonder why someone would want something like a Mac ?
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote