Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Family & Home

Notices

Old 12-22-2006, 12:04 AM   #1
Tomoshibi

Rep Power: 0 Tomoshibi has a spectacular aura about Tomoshibi has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Tomoshibi Send a message via Yahoo to Tomoshibi
Eliminate Household Bills FOREVER!!!

This is seriously no joke!!! How would you all like to reduce your monthly bills to almost nothing? I have been saving a few good ideas for doing so and I'm going to share them with you now. However, I want to make one point clear right now. Most of these methods are NOT suitable if you do not own your home.

The trick to eliminating your household bills is to find a safe, cheap, and efficient alternative to each one. Many of these alternatives can be expensive, but pay for themselves in time and are well worth the price. Allow me to touch on each of your typical household bills and what sort of cheap alternatives there are.

Electricity
This is a big one and everyone has heard of the alternative, yet most people don't ever consider it. SOLAR PANELS!!! The reason most people don't consider solar panels for their home is because they are expensive, people assume panels don't provide much power, and people typically don't know their underlying benefits.

When your home has solar panels AND you are connected to the city's utility grid, the excess electricity that your panels produce (if any) run back through your meter into the grid. This is called "net metering" and the power company is required to reimburse you for the electricity you feed into their grid.

Solar Panel Facts

Water
This one is simple. Have a well put in. This, unfortunately, is not an option for many people who live on small plots of land. The ground beneath your land must be able to provide a suitable yield of clean water to your home and this is something that most people don't have. It takes a little know-how to find out where and how on your land to dig one, assuming your land has a good spot at all.

Contrary to popular belief, well water does NOT taste awful if you properly chose the spot to dig it, you picked a good filtration system, and you CHANGE THE FILTER REGULARLY!!! It is worth checking into it if your land has the proper ground for a well.

Natural Gas
This is a fun one. You have to be careful when picking an alternative for natural gas, especially if you cook on it. The wrong kind of cooking fuel can produce harmful fumes or residual materials that may get into your food. Natural gas has only one good alternate, hydrogen!

Hydrogen is very easy to produce in your home out of ordinary tap water. With a hydrogen fuel cell at your disposal, you only need to pour in some water and the fuel cell breaks the H20 atoms into pure hydrogen and oxygen. The oxygen is usually just released into the air, but the hydrogen can be fed into your home's gas lines as an alternative for natural gas.

Below is a link to a site where you can purchase plans to build your own hydrogen fuel cell. The materials are simple and can be purchased at any hardware store.

Hydrogen Fuel Cells

Television
Cheaper television service is a tricky one. My grandfather doesn't pay a monthly fee for his service because he bought his own satelite dish and receiver boxes. The only drawback is when repairs are necessary, but this happens rarely.

Many of these tips are costly at first and most people can't afford to invest in them all at once. Perhaps investing in them one at a time would be best for the financially burdened.
Tomoshibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 01:04 PM   #2
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Please see thread on posting

Note section #2 on posting.
Isaac
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 03:40 PM   #3
Tomoshibi

Rep Power: 0 Tomoshibi has a spectacular aura about Tomoshibi has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Tomoshibi Send a message via Yahoo to Tomoshibi
I have searched the forum for the reference matching your description and came up with nothing. Please link me, if you don't mind.
Tomoshibi is offline   Reply With Quote