Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Entertainment

Notices

Old 04-22-2007, 05:15 AM   #1
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Angry Alec Baldwin calls daughter, 11, a 'rude thoughtless pig'

I think it sould be the other way around
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...n_page_id=1773
Click image for larger version

Name:	alec.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	38.2 KB
ID:	343
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 09:25 AM   #2
Sheba
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 217 Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold
I guess as parents we have all experienced that lack of appreciation our offspring can hand us. I can hear myself giving the same "you need to appreciate things" speeches that my mother gave me. Mr. Baldwin seems to have ventured over into the Control Freak side of parenting. Sounds like she had a reason for not wanting to pick up that receiver!!

Kudos to the judge who pulled to plug on visitation.

Also, I can't help but connect this to the recent shooting!! God, help our children and help us hold them tight and love them enough to mold them into outstanding adults. They are going to have to stand and raise their kids in a world very different from our childhood. They need wisdom and character and courage at the highest level, so we must teach them well. Parenthood is a High Calling. Get out of your own selfish world, Mr. Baldwin.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 09:42 AM   #3
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 264 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
There is so much more to this story that this one instance that is being printed around the world. These two have been arguing over this child for years. This mother has worked overtime in trying to keep the daughter from Alex. A year or so ago online they had all the documents and evidence showing where BOTH parents had done all sorts of things to each other interefering in each other's relationship with the child, but more so the mother, Kim Basinger, than the father. The mother has been held in contempt of court a couple of times.

Now I say all of that to make a point. If you have never witnessed a parent doing this to another parent, you can not imagine the point it can push one to. I do not make an excuse for what he said. He did cross a line, but did the mother push and push knowing his temper until she got him to cross the line? Probably so in an attempt to get her way. Who else could have released the tape which was in a direct violation of the custody court? Hint: The mother.

Often times, and I witness it daily in my life, there can be one parent who because of their anger over the divorce, or their personal issues will use the child as a weapon. I believe this is the case here to the upmost. It is very very sad that this happens because the person truly being hurt is the child. If they would only set aside their stupid issues and just stop and do what is best for the child...
Texasbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 09:56 AM   #4
Sheba
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 217 Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold
I see parents using their kids as pawns everyday as well, and I am sure that the recording worked well in mom's favor. However, the words "rude, thoughtless pig" were not pointed at mom. They were said in anger to a child of 11 by a man who knew the cost to his own custody case and his daughter's heart.

Long custody battles are not a reason for frustration to outweigh good judgement for either side. I concur that the daughter is the one who loses!!
Old 04-22-2007, 10:04 AM   #5
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 264 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
Oh I agreed that he should not have said it, but I think and believe that he was very obviously pushed to this point by the mother. He is the one though who lost his temper and may have to pay the price.

Some of these children become very "coached" by the parent with custody on what to believe and how to behave. They will sometimes believe ANYTHING that one parent tells them even if it is so blatantly wrong. Case in point:

Friend of ours took their step son on a short vacation while the mother who is a doctor was in drug rehab. The child had a great time on the vacation, loved every minute of it. When the family got back home and the mother was able to talk to him on the phone, it was so appalling what she did. By the time she got done with him on the phone, he truly believed that he had been on the most miserable trip of his life. The child was crying and blubbering to the father about how awful it was and that he never wanted to travel with the dad and step family again. Funny how he loved it right up until the point the mother talked to him but what the mother did not know was that the dad was listening the whole time on another line to see what she was going to do. For you see this had happened on several occassions before and he wanted to get to the bottom of it. He finally figured it out. She worked the kid over until he said what she wanted to hear and until he believed it. Sad but this story plays out all over the country every day. I don't believe the judges ever do enough to stop it.

The Baldwin story is no different than others and there is probably so much more than we know, but it is probably no different than what many of us experience ourselves or with friends. The only difference is that the mother is now using the media to try and benefit herself. She is still forgetting to somehow drop it and put her daughter first.
Old 04-22-2007, 10:19 AM   #6
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
A no win situation...

Even if Alec was set up or provoked I don't feel he had any excuse for calling his daughter a rude thoughtless pig! Just imagine how that plays over and over in the young girls mind! It's a sad situation and I do feel the daughter is being used as a pawn between the parents as well.
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 10:23 AM   #7
Sheba
Advanced Member

from Texas Belle: "I don't believe the judges ever do enough to stop it.

The Baldwin story is no different than others and there is probably so much more than we know, but it is probably no different than what many of us experience ourselves or with friends. The only difference is that the mother is now using the media to try and benefit herself. She is still forgetting to somehow drop it and put her daughter first.[/quote]""

I'm not sure that judges could ever stop that. It would mean stepping very far into private lives, and still, the good side would not always win.

As far as how guilty the mother is, I'm not familiar enough with the entire story to know. TB, You seem to have followed it over time. Sounds like they both need to grow up and become the parents the daughter needs. Scripture says that out of the heart the mouth speaks. A daddy's words will forever live in his little girl's mind. No excuses!!

Last edited by Sheba; 04-22-2007 at 10:26 AM. Reason: clarity on quote
Old 04-22-2007, 10:38 AM   #8
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Please don't think I am making excuses for Alec Baldwin I am not by no means. He was wrong and he is going to pay a high price for his actions. First he has to answer to the courts, his daughter is never going to forget hearing her father say that, and then he has to answer to his heavenly Father.

I am simply saying that this situation was allowed to escalate to this point. It should have been stopped long ago by the two parents! If they are not capable of stopping it, then the courts should do more. I do not feel the courts do enough in these situations. A better method must be put in place to help children such as this. The rate of divorce is rising unfortunately and so will the cases like this.
Old 04-22-2007, 12:17 PM   #9
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Alec Baldwin is a low life

Kim may be bad too but Alec is sorry as they come. I am glad to see his true colors come out to the public
Old 04-22-2007, 12:33 PM   #10
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Actually, I am thinking they are both pretty scummy at this point. Look at how low they have both sunk now. One much lower than the other but they are both belly crawling pond scum feeders now when you do this to your child. It would be nice if the girl could just get a whole new set of parents, but unfortunately that won't happen for her.
Old 04-22-2007, 01:36 PM   #11
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbelle
Actually, I am thinking they are both pretty scummy at this point. Look at how low they have both sunk now. One much lower than the other but they are both belly crawling pond scum feeders now when you do this to your child. It would be nice if the girl could just get a whole new set of parents, but unfortunately that won't happen for her.
You so mean Sista ! I like it
Old 04-22-2007, 10:48 PM   #12
cosmo kramer
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 217 cosmo kramer is a splendid one to behold cosmo kramer is a splendid one to behold cosmo kramer is a splendid one to behold cosmo kramer is a splendid one to behold cosmo kramer is a splendid one to behold cosmo kramer is a splendid one to behold cosmo kramer is a splendid one to behold
Perhaps Alec was frustrated because of his schweddy balls!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	schweddysketch.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	345  

cosmo kramer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 10:52 PM   #13
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
Oh Cosmo you are killing me tonight! I'm not going to be able to sleep because I can't stop laughing!! I remember that SNL live skit!! Isn't there another one where Alec's a perverted boy scout leader??? Keep 'em coming!
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 11:02 PM   #14
cosmo kramer
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 217 cosmo kramer is a splendid one to behold cosmo kramer is a splendid one to behold cosmo kramer is a splendid one to behold cosmo kramer is a splendid one to behold cosmo kramer is a splendid one to behold cosmo kramer is a splendid one to behold cosmo kramer is a splendid one to behold
Saw a picture of Saddam...good Lord, it looks a lot like Alec! Maybe that is causing him some sort of mental imbalance.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	picftvsnl31-08.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	34.6 KB
ID:	347  

Old 04-22-2007, 11:09 PM   #15
cosmo kramer
Advanced Member

Oh Pokie,
I dug up that scout leader pedifile picture for you! Ha! I had forgotten about that! Poor little Canteen Boy!
Attached Images