Go Back   Shreveport.com > Public Forums > Science & Technology

Notices

Old 01-14-2008, 09:30 AM   #1
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 316 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Planet Earth may have 'tilted' to keep its balance, say scientists

by Chad Boutin · Posted August 25, 2006; 01:00 a.m.
Imagine a shift in the Earth so profound that it could force our entire planet to spin on its side after a few million years, tilting it so far that Alaska would sit at the equator. Princeton scientists have now provided the first compelling evidence that this kind of major shift may have happened in our world's distant past.
http://www.princeton.edu/main/news/a...ion=topstories
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 09:33 AM   #2
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 316 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
I have listen to these Bible thumpers say that the earth is 6000 years old and could not be any older than that ?? Well they give Christians a bad name by being so foolish. I can not tell you how old it is but I can say it is much older than 6000 years. This ever changing planet and the history of it should make those global warming nuts sit down and shut up. Mother can take care of herself.
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Old 01-14-2008, 09:42 AM   #3
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 257 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
People that claim the Earth is 6,000 years old are idiots. I can state with authority that the Earth is exactly nine and one half years old.
joepole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 10:10 AM   #4
j.nc
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 209 j.nc is a name known to all j.nc is a name known to all j.nc is a name known to all j.nc is a name known to all j.nc is a name known to all j.nc is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon View Post
...the earth is 6000 years old and could not be any older than that...
The different camps of what people believe around this and how they reconcile science vs. the bible (or don't) is interesting. A great overview can be found here (read or listen to the podcast).

A photo from the Creation Museum showing man and dino co-existing:
Old 01-14-2008, 11:02 AM   #5
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

It is these Young Earthers that act like fools.

Gap Creationism is about as far as the Old Earth model can be stretched. This model attempts to unify the true age of the Earth as measured by science with the literal Biblical account. Jimmy Swaggart advocates this model. Gap Creationism states that the first verse of the Bible, God created the heavens and the Earth, was followed by a "gap" of 4.5 billion years, during which time not much happened. And then, the literal creation of Genesis took place in six days about six to ten thousand years ago. Necessarily, this model has to abandon evolution completely, although it adheres to proper geology.

Isaac agrees with this but how on earth did Jimmy Swaggart get his name in this I would change one thing and that is alot went on during the gap for man in the spirit.