It's great, couldn't ask for a better place to live 1 16.67%
It's ok, not my first choice but stuck here for a while 2 33.33%
If I could move anywhere else I would leave in a heart beat 2 33.33%
My family live here I would never move away from them 1 16.67%
Voters: 6. This poll is closed

Old 09-21-2006, 04:01 PM   #16
scarlett
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 233 scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of scarlett has much to be proud of
Send a message via ICQ to scarlett Send a message via AIM to scarlett Send a message via Yahoo to scarlett
I remember it, it was new years eve and we lived in the town homes right off clyde fant in that curve at the time and we had no yard so what we did was went downtown and played on the sidewalks in front of AmSOuth. We made snowangels and threw snoballs at eachother
scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 12:10 AM   #17
geodood
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 222 geodood has a spectacular aura about geodood has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlett
I remember it, it was new years eve and we lived in the town homes right off clyde fant in that curve at the time and we had no yard so what we did was went downtown and played on the sidewalks in front of AmSOuth. We made snowangels and threw snoballs at eachother
Actually the "snow day" was a different day. I happen to have that time lapse video on file as well! It was 01-27-1999

http://www.shreveport.com/forums/movie.php?detail=43
geodood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 12:53 AM   #18
geodood
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 222 geodood has a spectacular aura about geodood has a spectacular aura about
While I am at it, here are two more Shreveport time lapse videos of interest:

This is a time lapse video of Harrahs and Hollywood under contruction. This video is different in that instead of taking one frame every few minutes during a single day, this video takes one frame per day (at the same time each day) to show the high-rise building going up. This is one of my favorites.

http://www.shreveport.com/forums/movie.php?detail=44

And last his this time lapse video:
http://www.shreveport.com/forums/movie.php?detail=45

This video was a day taken during a tornado warning in Shreveport. I'm unsure of the day but it was around 1999 and it was a stormy day as I recall! (worse than it looks)
Old 09-22-2006, 03:46 PM   #19
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 258 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
Snow

We had snow two years in a row, but the heavier one was New Years Eve 2000-2001.

This photo was taken that night in my own back yard in Spring Lake:

http://home.sport.rr.com/squeamish/2..._back_yard.jpg
joepole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 04:29 PM   #20
geodood
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joepole
We had snow two years in a row, but the heavier one was New Years Eve 2000-2001.

This photo was taken that night in my own back yard in Spring Lake:

http://home.sport.rr.com/squeamish/2..._back_yard.jpg
Yea, the first snow in 1999 was too slushy. It rained first before breaking into a snow storm. Your picture shows more big "flakes". I sure wish we could see a few inches of snow this year, but not so much as to shut down the whole works.
Old 08-03-2007, 10:20 AM   #21
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
Found an old thread and saw where some of us weren't around yet so thought I'd bring it back! I'm sure I'll end up living all my years in LA, but I love the Florida panhandle. Just give me some white sand and blue water and oh the warmth of it! I love it! Cheers!

Jennifer Aniston
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 12:17 PM   #22
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocahontas
Found an old thread and saw where some of us weren't around yet so thought I'd bring it back! I'm sure I'll end up living all my years in LA, but I love the Florida panhandle. Just give me some white sand and blue water and oh the warmth of it! I love it! Cheers!
I could do the panhandle but maybe a little south of that. I like the Keys but would never want to live that far south. I think just say 100 miles north of Tampa area so with the tempest comes calling I can haul my butt out of there. No beach front either I can always go to the beach but I do not want my house turned into a water garden.
WHY DO WOMEN MOVE TO FLORIDA ?
Click image for larger version

Name:	Big Root.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	134.3 KB
ID:	1290
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Last edited by Isaac-Saxxon; 08-03-2007 at 01:55 PM.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 06:09 PM   #23
Isabella
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 236 Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of
You are weird Iasac.
Old 08-03-2007, 08:01 PM   #24
howela
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 219 howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold
If I could live anywhere

A city on a hill, a great and high mountain, a great city descending out of the heavens.
Her light was like unto a stone most precious, even like a jasper stone, clear as crystal;and had a wall great and high, and had twelve gates, and at the gates twelve angels, and names written thereon, which are the names of the twelve tribes of the children of Israel.
howela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 09:00 PM   #25
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 317 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by howela
A city on a hill, a great and high mountain, a great city descending out of the heavens.
Her light was like unto a stone most precious, even like a jasper stone, clear as crystal;and had a wall great and high, and had twelve gates, and at the gates twelve angels, and names written thereon, which are the names of the twelve tribes of the children of Israel.
Amen Brother !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Count me in and the best post I have seen yet on this board
Yes on earth as it is in Heaven the names of the twelve tribes of the children of Israel.
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 10:54 PM   #26
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabella
You are weird Iasac.
He sure is a little loco!

Jennifer Aniston
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 11:13 PM   #27
Isabella
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 236 Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of
LOL, I wonder how his poor wife puts up with him.