Go Back   Shreveport.com > Shreveport.com Headline News > Local News

Notices

Old 01-02-2008, 10:28 AM   #1
sbl_admin
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to sbl_admin
Post KTBS 3 Dropped From Dish Network Lineup

KTBS went off the air for thousands of Dish Network subscribers after the station was removed from Dish Network's programming lineup. The two companies reportedly could not come to terms on a fee agreement.

sbl_admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 01:14 PM   #2
piemaker720
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 248 piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold piemaker720 is a splendid one to behold
Good thing we have Directv.
Old 01-02-2008, 03:19 PM   #3
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
We have Dishnetwork and cable. I recall this happening before and it seemed to resolve itself in a few days.

Jennifer Aniston
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 03:26 PM   #4
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbl_admin View Post
KTBS went off the air for thousands of Dish Network subscribers after the station was removed from Dish Network's programming lineup. The two companies reportedly could not come to terms on a fee agreement.
Dish Network sucks anyway... This story is more proof. This Christmas was my one year aniversary with Directv. Some of you may rememeber how DN missed or fouled out 5 appointments for my daughters TV hookup, including one on Christmas Day! They outsource to morons and offshore jobs every chance they get. Like Pokey says, this sort of thing happens with them every few years.
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 05:23 PM   #5
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 316 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhertz View Post
Dish Network sucks anyway... This story is more proof. This Christmas was my one year aniversary with Directv. Some of you may rememeber how DN missed or fouled out 5 appointments for my daughters TV hookup, including one on Christmas Day! They outsource to morons and offshore jobs every chance they get. Like Pokey says, this sort of thing happens with them every few years.
I have had Dish Network for years and I like it. The picture is great and the line up too. Every now and then we have had a service problem but not much. I have cable too at the house and the feed sux and programing just ok at best. rhertz you have bad fung sway Now ktbs just reads the net like I do and adds there help a brother comments for free. The weather is not that good and we all know that Ed likes gerbils so no news there either. I bet ktbs will come to their knees very soon.
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 06:21 PM   #6
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 267 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon View Post
and we all know that Ed likes gerbils

Oh man.. oh man.. quote of the day right there folks LOL
LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 08:41 PM   #7
Isabella
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 235 Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of Isabella has much to be proud of
Isaac, KTBS is my favorite station. I am on cable now and if they dropped KTBS I would find a provider that has it. Our cable company is Suddenlink and I can't stand them, but I will stay as long as they have the local channels.
Old 01-02-2008, 09:13 PM   #8
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
I thought KTBS and other local channels were now available in HD for free over local airwaves with a set of HD rabbit ears?? (and an HD tuner equipped TV)
Old 01-03-2008, 05:53 AM   #9
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 316 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabella View Post
Isaac, KTBS is my favorite station. I am on cable now and if they dropped KTBS I would find a provider that has it. Our cable company is Suddenlink and I can't stand them, but I will stay as long as they have the local channels.
I watch KTBS too Isabella. All they do is read the national news from their computer and the weather man copies the local on the eights. Oh the news part is who shot Tyrone and another drive by shooting. I get plenty of news with out Ed and Ed at KTBS telling their slant on things. I hope DISH hold them over the fire until the Ed's choke
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 07:29 AM   #10
vixweb
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 219 vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of vixweb has much to be proud of
I dont watch KTBS, but for all you dish net folks out there: Come on over to Directv! The water is fine! I've had Directv for about 4 years now and I love it-especially the DVR
Old 01-03-2008, 09:54 AM   #11
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon View Post
I watch KTBS too Isabella. All they do is read the national news from their computer and the weather man copies the local on the eights. Oh the news part is who shot Tyrone and another drive by shooting. I get plenty of news with out Ed and Ed at KTBS telling their slant on things. I hope DISH hold them over the fire until the Ed's choke
I think Isabella is referring to other programs on Channel 3 and not just the news. The network has many good programs like Grey's Anatomy for instance.

Jennifer Aniston
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 10:35 AM   #12
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 257 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
I had DirecTV from 1998-2007 and I only (reluctantly, I can't stand Comcast) switched to cable because my Tivo was dying and DirecTV couldn't offer me a new one at any price. All they had was their own off-brand DVR that is a turd to use once you've gotten used to a good one.
joepole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 12:32 PM   #13
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixweb View Post
I dont watch KTBS, but for all you dish net folks out there: Come on over to Directv! The water is fine! I've had Directv for about 4 years now and I love it-especially the DVR
Yep I love my Directv DVR. And I think it has HD antenna input for local channels like KTBS so those programs can be recorded as well...
Old 01-03-2008, 12:34 PM   #14
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by joepole View Post
I had DirecTV from 1998-2007 and I only (reluctantly, I can't stand Comcast) switched to cable because my Tivo was dying and DirecTV couldn't offer me a new one at any price. All they had was their own off-brand DVR that is a turd to use once you've gotten used to a good one.
Did they ever come out with a HD tivo? I checked about a year ago and there was no such thing.
Old 01-03-2008, 02:14 PM   #15
LateNight
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 267 LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future LateNight has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhertz View Post
Did they ever come out with a HD tivo? I checked about a year ago and there was no such thing.
Got one over a year ago or so. it's a DirecTV/Tivo unit

it's my understanding DirecTV doesn't carry 'tivo' anymore, although my two tivo units at home work fine, one standard and one HD.
LateNight is offline   Reply With Quote