Go Back   Shreveport.com > Shreveport.com Headline News > Local News

Notices

Old 04-13-2007, 07:59 AM   #1
sbl_admin
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to sbl_admin
Post Former Teacher Arrested On Charges Of Delinquency

Stephenie Simmons, 35, of the 4200 block of Kenny Street in Bossier City's Shady Grove neighborhood, has been charged with eight counts of unlawful purchase of alcoholic beverages on behalf of persons under age 21 and six counts of contributing to the delinquency of a juvenile. The charges of contributing to the delinquency stem from allegations of smoking pot with minors, Bossier sheriff's spokesman Ed Baswell said.
sbl_admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 06:31 PM   #2
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 272 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
Here we go again....

SAD SAD SAD indeed! Once again a teacher manipulating young minds so she can satisfy her sick needs!
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 01:16 PM   #3
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 318 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
This teacher had a history too that should have been looked at

Hello school board It is not like these people have done a good job of hiding there problems but more like the school board and police turning a deaf ear to the issue. This lady needs to go to jail and be charged for being stupid first then the rest of the charges. How did she ever think a bunch of young boys would not talk about there conquest with her yea she gets the stupid ass award alright.
Isaac
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 01:41 PM   #4
sbl_admin
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to sbl_admin
Post Updated News Story

A new story has been added to the "Read More" section of this topic, as follows

Shreveport Times -- Apr 17 2007 1:41 PM
Court strips ex-teacher of parental rights
sbl_admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 06:25 PM   #5
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 265 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
If you read the story in the Times, she was arrested a year back or so for leaving her kids in a hot car. She was divorced a few years back. The police have been called to her house over a dozen times in the last year. Her ex-husband recently filed for custody of the children and was awarded custody on the same day she was arrested. It sounds like the courts did the right thing. She doesn't need to be involved with raising her children until she can get herself together.
Texasbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 06:01 AM   #6
Sheba
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 219 Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold
Hesitant to call her a peer

All the headlines about teachers really anger me. I am a teacher, and I love what I do. First, I don't understand going into a classroom with a personal agenda to fulfill. For me, teaching is like motherhood. You plant all the good that you are into your kids and then watch to see it reproduce. That's the personal aspect.

Secondly, I can't understand school administration not having some idea that there was a situation that needed some intervention. Come on! Be brave enough to weed out the bad teachers. That is a real need in the education field.

Third, why does a situation get to "crash & burn" level before authoriities step in to manage. She has a record of negligence with her own children - why should she be in charge of anyone else's?

We need a tighter system - these are our kids & our future!! Prevention vs. reaction!!
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 08:00 AM   #7
Texasbelle
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 265 Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute Texasbelle has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba
All the headlines about teachers really anger me. I am a teacher, and I love what I do. First, I don't understand going into a classroom with a personal agenda to fulfill. For me, teaching is like motherhood. You plant all the good that you are into your kids and then watch to see it reproduce. That's the personal aspect.

Secondly, I can't understand school administration not having some idea that there was a situation that needed some intervention. Come on! Be brave enough to weed out the bad teachers. That is a real need in the education field.

Third, why does a situation get to "crash & burn" level before authoriities step in to manage. She has a record of negligence with her own children - why should she be in charge of anyone else's?

We need a tighter system - these are our kids & our future!! Prevention vs. reaction!!
Texasbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 10:37 AM   #8
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 318 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Quote:

Third, why does a situation get to "crash & burn" level before authorities step in to manage. She has a record of negligence with her own children - why should she be in charge of anyone else's?

Sheba well put I know you are a great teacher and mentor of your students and out standing in your field. If the schools where full of teachers like you we would all be better off now and in the long run.
Old 04-18-2007, 10:44 AM   #9
Neo
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 229 Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of Neo has much to be proud of
Truth is stranger than fiction

Well, I guess if she goes to jail, she should, the taxpayers get to continue her retirement benefits. Sounds like the criminals have good life!
Neo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 02:26 PM   #10
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 294 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:

Well said! We certainly need more teachers like you!!

I'm sure you know more about this subject than I do, but don't the large teacher's unions make it difficult for a school to fire a bad teacher without inviting a lawsuit? At least I have always heard this as an excuse as to why a bad teacher might still be in the public school system.
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 03:51 PM   #11
Sheba
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 219 Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold Sheba is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhertz
Well said! We certainly need more teachers like you!!

I'm sure you know more about this subject than I do, but don't the large teacher's unions make it difficult for a school to fire a bad teacher without inviting a lawsuit? At least I have always heard this as an excuse as to why a bad teacher might still be in the public school system.
Yes, rhertz, the unions can certainly cloud the issues and make real action hard for administrators. They have a very liberal agenda and are political organizations, not educational ones. For that reason, I have chosen not to be a member. In addition, I think administrators can use them as an excuse to hide behind.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 03:54 PM   #12
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Quote:
Yes, rhertz, the unions can certainly cloud the issues and make real action hard for administrators. They have a very liberal agenda and are political organizations, not educational ones. For that reason, I have chosen not to be a member. In addition, I think administrators can use them as an excuse to hide behind.
Old 04-18-2007, 05:58 PM   #13
Al Swearengen
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 247 Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhertz
Same thing with bad cops. They're damn near impossible to get rid of. There was a guy worked for SPD, ex-cop by the name of Morgan King, talk about a disgrace...IAD had been watchin this guy's shenanigans for well over a decade before they FINALLY had everythin they needed to dump him.