Go Back   Shreveport.com > Support Forums > SBLive! Polls

Notices

View Poll Results: Are you registered to vote in the 2008 Presidential election?
Yes 25 96.15%
No 1 3.85%
Voters: 26. This poll is closed

Old 01-08-2008, 09:40 AM   #1
sbl_admin
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to sbl_admin
2008 Presidential Election

Are you registered to vote in the 2008 Presidential election?
sbl_admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 02:34 PM   #2
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 316 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
This being a red state I would think most working folks are registered to vote. It is a great way to fight back ! Oh you get to do jury duty too.
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Isaac-Saxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 04:37 PM   #3
rhertz
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 293 rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future rhertz has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon View Post
This being a red state I would think most working folks are registered to vote. It is a great way to fight back ! Oh you get to do jury duty too.
I heard that you cannot get out of jury duty just because you never register to vote. Dunno if that is true or not.
rhertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 05:05 PM   #4
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
I cannot imagine anyone living in this country, (legally) and not voting! To me that is un-American! Exercise your rights!

Jennifer Aniston
Pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 06:16 PM   #5
howela
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 219 howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold
I have been registered as "no party afilliation" for over thirty years so I can't vote in the primarys but always vote at least in the presidential race and most state issues.

I am the only one in my family to vote against the stelly plan and proud of it.
howela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 10:57 PM   #6
j.nc
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 209 j.nc is a name known to all j.nc is a name known to all j.nc is a name known to all j.nc is a name known to all j.nc is a name known to all j.nc is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by howela View Post
I have been registered as "no party afilliation" for over thirty years so I can't vote in the primarys but always vote at least in the presidential race and most state issues.
I just swtich to same in August '07.
j.nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 08:41 AM   #7
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 316 Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future Isaac-Saxxon has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by howela View Post

I am the only one in my family to vote against the stelly plan and proud of it.
I voted against the stelly rip off tax. Pardon the French !
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Old 01-09-2008, 08:43 AM   #8
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 257 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
Quote:
I cannot imagine anyone living in this country, (legally) and not voting! To me that is un-American! Exercise your rights!
Why is it un-American to not exercise one of your rights? Are you bearing arms right now? Are you freely assembling? Publishing a newspaper? Drinking alcohol? Having an abortion?
joepole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 04:15 PM   #9
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 271 Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute Pocahontas has a reputation beyond repute
I had a feeling I was gonna catch some flack from you! I just think if you are registered you should vote whenever possible!

Jennifer Aniston
Old 01-09-2008, 04:40 PM   #10
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Rep Power: 257 joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of joepole has much to be proud of
I think it's a good thing to do but it's not "un-American."
Old 01-09-2008, 08:00 PM   #11
howela
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 219 howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold howela is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocahontas View Post
I had a feeling I was gonna catch some flack from you! I just think if you are registered you should vote whenever possible!
I agree with you, it is the right thing to do and most thinking people understood what you where saying.
howela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 09:39 PM   #12
Pocahontas
SBLive! Veteran

Thanks How! I figured as much!

Jennifer Aniston
Old 01-10-2008, 08:41 AM   #13
Isaac-Saxxon
SBLive! Veteran

joehole is doing his best to be socially acceptable
Old 01-10-2008, 06:50 PM   #14
Al Swearengen
Advanced Member

Rep Power: 246 Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future Al Swearengen has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac-Saxxon View Post
joehole is doing his best to be socially acceptable
Ha! If he really wanted to do that he'd use some Listerine and change his underwear more often.
Old 01-10-2008, 07:03 PM   #15
joepole
SBLive! Veteran

Ad hominem attacks are the first symptom of an indefensible and/or irrational position.